How's your day?

Yeah, well. I'm a health nut.

I hope you don't smoke those light things.

umm...yeah? But I'm doing the budget smokes today. Bronson full flavors. They burn too quickly, so I'm probably not saving much money.

Light cigarettes? What's the point of that?

If you're going to smoke, SMOKE.

In the end the difference is what, maybe two weeks in an iron lung?

Same goes with beer (minus the iron lung part).

I hope you don't smoke those light things.

umm...yeah? But I'm doing the budget smokes today. Bronson full flavors. They burn too quickly, so I'm probably not saving much money.

Light cigarettes? What's the point of that?

If you're going to smoke, SMOKE.

In the end the difference is what, maybe two weeks in an iron lung?

Same goes with beer (minus the iron lung part).

I'm more at risk of stroke than lung disease, actully, but thanks for the concern. And advice.

My day is off to a very shakey beginning... To start with, bad storm last night. Lots of thunder and lightening so at 3:30 am I am sitting on the back porch smoking a Marlboro watching the battle in the skies. The lights went out briefly at 4:00 am. This morning, the phones are out at my house. Bad deal because my implanted heart defib/pacemaker unit is monitored every night by a machine hooked up to my telephone. The wife went to leave to go to her Tuesday quilting thing with the "ladies" and her car wouldn't start so I had to drive her down to the "hen house" where they quilt on Tuesdays, talk about husbands, and gossip about all the local events. I stopped by the Auto Parts Place and bought a battery charger and while doing so I wondered why a 2009 Hyundai Sante Fe would have a bad battery so soon. It only has 6,000 miles on it. Got home and hooked up the battery charger. Figured it's dead because the wife's car hasn't been started in a month... Sent the phone company an e-mail telling them about my telephone woes and then sent an e-mail to a "special friend" describing a unique event that happened to me just recently. I am now deciding what I might have for lunch. I'm thinking a PB and J sammich with a glass of cold milk. Afterwards I will go see if the wife's car is going to start. The phone will get repaired whenever they feel it's a good time to repair it. Can't do anything about that but rejoice in the fact that there will be no "Sales pitch calls" today on the phone.

So, how is your day going? Mine on a scale of 1 to 10 has started out a 4. However, it's already better because I have got the whinning part over with. Maybe it's up to a 6 now.

Look at it this way...if your defibrilator fails, at least you have a new battery charger to get it going again.

Last week, we were on vacation. Took a cruise out of NY to Bermuda. Had a great time.

Before we left, I turned off the water main to the house just in case. We get home, and there's a flood in the kitchen and about two inches of water in the basement.

So since Sunday, it's been a steady stream (no pun intended) of clean up workers, plumbers, and insurance people in my house.

The whole thing would be very sad if it wasn't so damn ironic.

Well, that certainly sucks. What broke? My biggest concern when we go away is a pipe bursting and the house flooding. Always.

Count . . . your day sounds like it is improving by the hour. Did you see this? Jeremy posted it. I hope the clouds clear around here and that we can see something.

FOXNews.com - Solar Tsunami to Strike Earth

My day started off just fine, with a cuppa coffee and my latest read, Nora Roberts' "Northern Lights". Just got back from Target, back to school shopping with the kids. Our back to school shopping consists of copy books, pens and pencils and a book bag. College kid picked up stuff plus, she now owns all three seasons of Arrested Development. Excellent! That show is hilarious. Went to the farm to pick up some fresh corn-on-the-cob and toms and am off to make chicken salad soon. The only bad part of my day so far is when the daughters dropped a bloody full shopping cart onto my big toe. :mad: *^#*&#(*&%#^@(*^#$!!!! :mad:

Count,

Keep smoking and one day you'll waken with a dry cough, you will attempt to clear it but eventually you spit up blood. You heart rate will increase out of fear and you'll see a Dr (if you have insurance) and he will order an X-ray the results of which will confirm you have lung cancer.

Your death will be painful and slow but you will surely die a horrible death. Why ? Because you wont stop smoking.

Count, do not let the scenario I have written come true. STOP SMOKING NOW !!!!

I appreciate your very good and kind advice. However, everybody dies. With all that I have going on with my health, lung cancer might seem like a walk in the park. At this point, smoking is the very least of my health problems. It's a fact of life. How you live your life is entirely up to you. I enjoy smoking and will most likely smoke until the day I die. I know all the things said about smoking, after all, I have a BS in Health Sciences from George Washington University. I've smoked since I was 13 years old and I'm now 59. It's a coin toss concerning reaching 60. Now, with all of this said, my day has improved greatly. Wife's car is fixed and running like a fine machine. Phone's working. Already gotten one of those pesky sales pitches. The world is a good place. Score my day at this point a 9.5. The only thing that could make it better is to win the lottery. Compared to some of you, my problems today seem pretty small... Goes to prove that no matter how bad you think your lot in life is, there's always somebody a bit worse off...

Last edited:
so true ring...so very true....

i use to smoke ciggies.....i even tried the all nature...let me tell you its the addictives that give you flavor

DAMN you, Count!!! Damn, damn, damn. It is YOUR fault that I had to haul my ass out into this miserable heat and humidity to get some friggin' chocolate ice cream!! ... and while I was at it ... a giant local tomato for sammiches ... and grapes and cheese for snacking ... and a baking potato ... and some 1" NY strip steaks. You're damned lucky I already had everything else I needed.

What kind of bloodsucking friend are you, anyway? :doubt:

Life is like a box of chocolates or a box of rocks, depending on your perspective :(:happy-1: :lol:

Forum List

Back