How's the weather?

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
It's been raining here for 9 days straight. I don't think I can take any more. If anyone needs to contact me, I can be found at the local rubber room.

You Canadians and your snow. It's been raining a bit here, but remember the Georgia seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and January.

Said1 said:
It's been raining here for 9 days straight. I don't think I can take any more. If anyone needs to contact me, I can be found at the local rubber room.

There haven't been any clouds in the sky for 4 or 5 days now...temps low 90s. If anyone needs to contact me, I can be found at the local golf course. :happy2:

Yes, Tom is Jeff's brother, typical Chicago, within one week from low's in low 40's to highs in 90's:

Tom Skilling's 7-day forecast
Sunday
partlysunny
61/42 Sharply cooler today as brisk north and northeast winds hold inland temperatures to the lower 60s and keep shore areas in the 50s. Sunshine dominates, but dimmed at times by passing cumulus clouds. Fair and chilly overnight. Lows in the lower 40s, some upper 30s well inland.

Monday
mostlysunny
71/48 Mostly sunny skies boost inland temperatures nearly 10º, though southeast winds keep shore areas cooler.

Tuesday
mostlysunny
74/52 Another mostly sunny day with some patchy mid and high level cloudiness. A bit warmer, but once again SE winds restrict temperatures near the lake.

Wednesday
chancetstorms
82/53 A mix of sun and clouds. Warmer with May’s first 80º high possible. A few showers/thunderstorms especially south and west of the city.

Thursday
partlysunny
83/56 Partly sunny and warm with a second consecutive high in the 80s. Southeast winds cool areas along the north lakeshore.
Friday

partlysunny
84/61 A carbon copy of Thursday’s weather. Partly sunny and warm with lakeside cooling.

Saturday
mostlysunny
91/68 Mostly sunny with gusty southwest winds. Becoming hot. Potentially the season’s first 90º day.

Said1 said:
It just didn't rain here; it's stormed quite badly for 7 straight days, so I can truly sympathize with you. It's cool today but not raining; just keeps lookin' like it might. It's gotta stop sometime.

Joz said:
It just didn't rain here; it's stormed quite badly for 7 straight days, so I can truly sympathize with you. It's cool today but not raining; just keeps lookin' like it might. It's gotta stop sometime.

Global wetting

Joz said:

That's what I'm hoping. :boohoo:

My garden looks great though. :cheers2:

We get the yard mowed and in a week's time it's back up to our knees with the grass seeding. And there's been a very small window of opportunity to get it done.

Joz said:
We get the yard mowed and in a week's time it's back up to our knees with the grass seeding. And there's been a very small window of opportunity to get it done.

I just got my weed wacker back last week, hasn't stopped raining since. I have a small side/back yard and haven't cut the grass since last fall. No grass in the front, all garden.

Forum List

Back