How worried should I be?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Last night while posting with you guys on my smart phone I had an alert pop up. It said my Google account had been compromised & accessed from another device at another location.
After dismissing the pop up in figured it was just a fishing scam to get me to enter my password.
This afternoon I gave it a bit more thought & looked into my Google account and discovered it had in fact been accessed from a city in Vietnam. I quickly changed my password and checked other accounts tied to it. I found nothing further but now I am a bit worried.

I wonder if you had a little thrill up and down your leg when you heard
the DNC was hacked and the emails released....

Yea, I wouldn't worry. Just get the doughboy Chris Mathews and his manly side kick Rachel Maddow to say you didn't do anything wrong gramps.

Last night while posting with you guys on my smart phone I had an alert pop up. It said my Google account had been compromised & accessed from another device at another location.
After dismissing the pop up in figured it was just a fishing scam to get me to enter my password.
This afternoon I gave it a bit more thought & looked into my Google account and discovered it had in fact been accessed from a city in Vietnam. I quickly changed my password and checked other accounts tied to it. I found nothing further but now I am a bit worried.
You did the right thing.
Never click the alert.
Go to the website and change your password.

Go to your gmail home page, scroll to the bottom, and click "details" in the bottom right corner. It's written really small. It'll tell you where your account has been accessed from the last few days and let you know if you need to take further action.

Forum List

Back