How wise was it to land that plane at March AFB?

For those un familiar with the geography, March AFB is in Riverside California and just on the fringes of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area where millions of people reside.
Would some other place like the very isolated area 51 have been a much better choice to put these people until their health and freedom from the virus has been established for certain?
March is remote with no public.
Very wise move.
Bullshit. I just told you where it is. Look it up on google maps for yourself dummy. I flew by it often and as I said in bad weather ie foggy and socked in, even stayed over it, myself.
I know how remote it is and isn't from first hand knowledge and it isn't.
Here's an exercise, go google maps and look up March AFB then look up area 51 and compare how remote and apart from high density populated areas they are.

Here's an exercise, go google maps and look up March AFB then look up area 51 and compare how remote and apart from high density populated areas they are.

I don't know about Area 51 --- infecting all those space aliens? I don't want this disease spreading over the whole galaxy.

For those un familiar with the geography, March AFB is in Riverside California and just on the fringes of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area where millions of people reside.
Would some other place like the very isolated area 51 have been a much better choice to put these people until their health and freedom from the virus has been established for certain?
Very wise move.
Bullshit. I just told you where it is. Look it up on google maps for yourself dummy. I flew by it often and as I said in bad weather ie foggy and socked in, even stayed over it, myself.
I lived not far from the base for over 3 decades......

Tell me. How many citizens can get on base without a pass?

Zero.

They should have landed at a military base on the west coast with a hospital that has a quarantine unit.

Very wise move.

Zero.
It is not an active AFB anymore. It was assigned reserve status in 1993. They have air shows open to the public there now. It is not very far from the LA metro area. Actually it borders the metro area. Go look at the map, dummy. LGB (Long Beach) to Riverside used to take me somewhere between 15 - 30 min in a Cessna 172 and as was my habit, I flew higher than most folks do.

Very wise move.

Zero.
It is not an active AFB anymore. It was assigned reserve status in 1993. They have air shows open to the public there now. It is not very far from the LA metro area. Actually it borders the metro area. Go look at the map, dummy. LGB (Long Beach) to Riverside used to take me somewhere between 15 - 30 min in a Cessna 172 and as was my habit, I flew higher than most folks do.
You keep talking maps and such. I know first hand what goes on there.
Yes it is active. Air National Guard uses it. F-22’s to C-17’s inhabit the base.

It’s a secure military base. Get over it.

Using modern containment practices the risk is minimal. I would assume they would also restrict to base anyone treating or observing the people getting off the airplane who are being placed into quarantine.

Diseases like this spread when normal practices go out the window when the system is overwhelmed. This is what you are seeing in China in the worst areas hit by the virus.
March is not a regular air force base with the security of an active AFB, it's an air reserve base now with much less security than a fully active air force base.
In bad weather, I've strayed over it a couple of times myself flying into Riverside with I did two or three times most weeks.

Considering most of the passengers are government civilians I am not expecting a Great Escape scenario.

They go in a quarantined hanger and they stay there until let out.

The bigger risk is some civil liberties types trying to sue their way out.

Very wise move.

Zero.

Nonsense; Reserve bases are very active bases. I live near a former SAC bomber base, and it's now a Naval Reserve base; just as loud and active as it was in the Viet Nam era, though the base hospital is closed now and we don't have nearly as many military retirees living here now.

Bottom-line, I don't think California is to worried about infectious diseases and potential pandemics infecting the population.. Their homeless and illegal immigration polices reveal that truth..

---------

Among large homeless populations “there is…an increased risk for communicable or infectious diseases, such as hepatitis A, associated with a lack of proper sanitation (especially the lack of hand-washing, bathing, and clothes-washing facilities) as well as for those associated with rodent infestations and the insect vectors they can carry,” a spokesperson with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health told Contagion®.

The trash, combined with the human waste generated by the city’s 36,300 homeless individuals, has led to a resurgence of some diseases not seen since the Middle Ages— typhus and typhoid fever, to name a few.

'If Not Us, Who?': Dr. Drew Urges Clinicians to Speak Up on West Coast Infectious Disease Crisis

Nope, I want the voters in California to deal with all the disease the neglect will bring. Just like abandoning the care and maintenance of their national forest burns them out every summer, I want outbreaks of typhus in Nancy Pelosi's district. I want head lice and yellow fever and bubonic plague to run rampant among them. I want them and their families accosted by bums, I want their property stolen, and I want corono virus to spread among the weakest in their population.

Very wise move.

Zero.

Nonsense; Reserve bases are very active bases. I live near a former SAC bomber base, and it's now a Naval Reserve base; just as loud and active as it was in the Viet Nam era, though the base hospital is closed now and we don't have nearly as many military retirees living here now.

Same over here at Ellington field, although since the 147th left and the drone squadron moved in it got allot more quiet.

Bottom-line, I don't think California is to worried about infectious diseases and potential pandemics infecting the population.. Their homeless and illegal immigration polices reveal that truth..

---------

Among large homeless populations “there is…an increased risk for communicable or infectious diseases, such as hepatitis A, associated with a lack of proper sanitation (especially the lack of hand-washing, bathing, and clothes-washing facilities) as well as for those associated with rodent infestations and the insect vectors they can carry,” a spokesperson with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health told Contagion®.

The trash, combined with the human waste generated by the city’s 36,300 homeless individuals, has led to a resurgence of some diseases not seen since the Middle Ages— typhus and typhoid fever, to name a few.

'If Not Us, Who?': Dr. Drew Urges Clinicians to Speak Up on West Coast Infectious Disease Crisis

Nope, I want the voters in California to deal with all the disease the neglect will bring. Just like abandoning the care and maintenance of their national forest burns them out every summer, I want outbreaks of typhus in Nancy Pelosi's district. I want head lice and yellow fever and bubonic plague to run rampant among them. I want them and their families accosted by bums, I want their property stolen, and I want corono virus to spread among the weakest in their population.

Settle down there Crixus ... :shok:

---------

Na, it's time.

---------

Na, it's time.

Well, it's sad but it does seem inevitable.. :(

Using modern containment practices the risk is minimal. I would assume they would also restrict to base anyone treating or observing the people getting off the airplane who are being placed into quarantine.

Diseases like this spread when normal practices go out the window when the system is overwhelmed. This is what you are seeing in China in the worst areas hit by the virus.

Yeah right, trust your government not to scew it up. I'm from the government and I'm here to help. Name just one thing the government didn't eventually fuck up. Just one.

Op it was not wise and they should have left everyone where they were until it burned out down the road. There will be no containment as you can now clearly see here in the U.S. The only way it might have been contained is not let anyone come back from China.

Forum List

Back