How will Osama's death affect the war on terror?

The "war on terror" is over.

The death of Bin Laden and the Arab Spring have killed it.

Really?

FBI — Most Wanted Terrorists
What's your definition of terrorism?

"The U.S. is officially committed to what is called 'low–intensity warfare.'

"That’s the official doctrine. If you read the definition of low–intensity conflict in army manuals and compare it with official definitions of 'terrorism' in army manuals, or the U.S. Code, you find they’re almost the same.

"Terrorism is the use of coercive means aimed at civilian populations in an effort to achieve political, religious, or other aims."

The United States is a Leading Terrorist State, Noam Chomsky interviewed by David Barsamian

A big curse on our administration if they were involved housing OBL ... :angry:

Adeel it looks like your administration was directly helping hide him, or they were so inadequate they had no idea Osama was hiding directly in front of them, either one is pretty bad.

The first one is, to me, is acceptable .. They must knew about the hideout of Osama .. It's just so unbelievable Osama was that deep into our country. The Abbotabad is the place wher most of the Army personnel live in. Just unbelievable our Govt. is denying they didn't know about it !!!!!

A big curse on our administration if they were involved housing OBL ... :angry:

Adeel it looks like your administration was directly helping hide him, or they were so inadequate they had no idea Osama was hiding directly in front of them, either one is pretty bad.

The first one is, to me, is acceptable .. They must knew about the hideout of Osama .. It's just so unbelievable Osama was that deep into our country. The Abbotabad is the place wher most of the Army personnel live in. Just unbelievable our Govt. is denying they didn't know about it !!!!!

It really doesn't look good Adeel, its obvious the Pakistani government definently knew he was there, that would be like Ghaddafi living in Annapolis and the US Government saying they didn't know that.

The "war on terror" is over.

The death of Bin Laden and the Arab Spring have killed it.

Really?

FBI — Most Wanted Terrorists

"That’s the official doctrine. If you read the definition of low–intensity conflict in army manuals and compare it with official definitions of 'terrorism' in army manuals, or the U.S. Code, you find they’re almost the same.

"Terrorism is the use of coercive means aimed at civilian populations in an effort to achieve political, religious, or other aims."

The United States is a Leading Terrorist State, Noam Chomsky interviewed by David Barsamian

My definition doesn't matter it's how the government makes that determination that does.

I think it's time for soldiers from Pakistan and Afghanistan to come home, covert operations stay and our $3 billion go to the deficit.

I think it's time for soldiers from Pakistan and Afghanistan to come home, covert operations stay and our $3 billion go to the deficit.

Don't forget the soldiers in Iraq. Bring them home as well. We have the capability of putting our forces anywhere in the world in just a few minutes. We don't need to leave our men and women in harm's way with targets on their backs.

Immie

My definition doesn't matter it's how the government makes that determination that does.
Your government defines terrorism as coercive means aimed at a civilian population in an effort to achieve political, religious or other aims. By its own definition the US government engages in terrorism.

Forum List

Back