Zone1 How we repair it: White Americans’ attitudes toward reparations

Do you have some kind of reading disability?

You said "The only reason why blacks have more abortions is they don't have easy access to other forms of contraception."

Right? Is this like they can't figure out how to get ID either?

The only reason why blacks have more abortions is they don't have easy access to other forms of contraception.

Contraception is good. Family planning is the best poverty relief program out there.
Condoms cost less than menthol cigarettes or wigs and false nails

There were no social programs provided just for minorities over ANY generation.
Of course not. That would be 'racist'. The post, however, did not say it was directed at only one group. It did accurately state the the group whose ancestors were affected by slavery benefited from those programs.

The only reason why blacks have more abortions is they don't have easy access to other forms of contraception.

Contraception is good. Family planning is the best poverty relief program out there.
How much easier would it have to be? This argument is difficult to take seriously.

Of course not. That would be 'racist'. The post, however, did not say it was directed at only one group. It did accurately state the the group whose ancestors were affected by slavery benefited from those programs.
Actually they did not. For a minimum of 30 years blacks were excluded from welfare. THE prograns of the new deal, FHA and G.I. Bill that created the white midde class and much of the current wealth of whites, excluded blacks.

You can stop that excuse. In the OP I believed that you were shown where the government has paid for things to other groups that happened during the same time period. You're talknig about about a ship sailing and then try telling me about 500,000 whites who died to free me. 500,000 whites didnot give their lives to free me, if the shio yu say sailed that one sailed too. 500,000 whites died to keep Americafrom splittingup. Because after the Civil War, white started Jim Crow in the north and south. You live on the benefiits created by racism and you have benefitted from the programs during Jim Crow that blacks were excluded from. Drop the sad sorry white excuses, they have no merit.
I see the facts bother you.

You have had the advantages for 50 years, now you want cash to?

Here is what you do. Have your family file a civil suit against the family that owned yours.

Good luck.

I see the facts bother you.

You have had the advantages for 50 years, now you want cash to?

Here is what you do. Have your family file a civil suit against the family that owned yours.

Good luck.
Facts don't bother me. And you haven't posted any. The civil war and slavery is not all this is about and that is a FACT those like you keep trying to ignore.

Once again, reparations have been paId to native American Nations in recent years for what was done to them at the same time as slavery.

And whites did not stop the oppression after slavery ended. By written law it continued until 1964. Today it continues even as laws were written to stop it. So once again here is an example:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

“Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

This is done by millions right now. It's supposed to be illegal. This ain't just about slavery. It ain't about something that happened 150 years ago that you are not doing now. It's about then and now because white racism continues now and it has negatively impacted blacks.

You said "The only reason why blacks have more abortions is they don't have easy access to other forms of contraception."

Right? Is this like they can't figure out how to get ID either?
right, which is not "You said they couldn't get contraception!"

Not the same thing. I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so poor.

They are less likely to have health care coverage, they are less likely to have a neighborhood clinic.

So while white folks can get their pills and IUD's, black folks get knocked up and need to get abortions.

right, which is not "You said they couldn't get contraception!"

Not the same thing. I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so poor.

They are less likely to have health care coverage, they are less likely to have a neighborhood clinic.

So while white folks can get their pills and IUD's, black folks get knocked up and need to get abortions.

contraception is NOT health care coverage!

Nonsense. Family planning is actually the best poverty relief program out there. The difference between a first world nation or community and a third world one is the ability to control when and under what circumstances you have a baby.

10 million more babies people can't afford would have driven that community deeper into poverty.

More victim blaming. The demand for slaves in the New World created the slave trade economy in Africa.

Actually, this is a dishonest number. IN 1940, before WWII, the poverty rate for the whole country was 70%. World War II created economic demand first for war production and then for industrial production in a shattered post-war world (where the US had the only infrastructure still standing.) Whites climbed out of poverty and blacks were largely left behind, that was the problem. The Great Society closed that gap to where the black poverty rate is only 17% today.

Ah, not this crap again! The reality is that out of wedlock births have grown for all racial groups except Asian-Americans.
The African slave trade began well over five hundred years before the Europeans stumbled upon the new world.

So, they can't go to Walmart and buy rubbers or go to the same Planned Parenthood centers that perform the abortions and get prescriptions for birth control, as well as ANY form of birth control for a price ranging from free to low cost depending only on the patient's ability to pay? You name the type of birth control and Planned Parent will provide it to anyone.

Are you trying to tell us that black Americans aren't smart enough to go to Planned Parenthood and ASK for birth control? That seems to be the only obstacle to them getting it since Planned Parenthood offices are often located in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods.

Using abortion for birth control seems to me to be less a case of need and more a case of want. People of any color that use abortion for birth control are those who lack the foresight to plan for sex with the exceptions of rape and incest obviously.

Did you ask any other group to do that?

No. So don't ask me to.

What reparations will do is create a huge economic stimulus. But many whites can't see that.
Taking money from one person and giving it (after the government takes a big cut) to another isn't an economic stimulus, it's a drag on the economy. You can't get it through your thick skull that the money the government gives away has to come from somewhere. We are suffering from inflation and supply shortages because the government gave away trillions of dollars during the Covid lockdowns.

Forum List

Back