How Was Your Halloween?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
We had at least 200 kids show up at our door last night. It was phenomenal.

We live in a suburb, beyond which is rural countryside. All the families come in from the surrounding rural areas and invade our neighborhood.

I love it!

Our kids are teenagers now, and they are smarmy and troublesome and don't like to be seen in public with their parents.

When all these unbelievably adorable little ones showed up at our door, I was overwhelmed with sadness, missing my kids at that age.

I also found out just how old I am. I started trying to guess what each of the kids' costumes was, and I got a lot of them wrong.

"Are you a ninja turtle?"

[in an outraged voice] "NO! I'm from Halo!!"

I don't know what that is.

After several mistakes, I stopped guessing, unless it was very obvious. Princess, witch, zombie...

Kids are dressing up as video game characters now, and I have not played a video game in over 15 years.

I play some apps on my phone every once in a great while, but have not touched a Playstation or whatever in forever.

My son is trying to get me to play PUBG. That game is taking over the world.

Anyway. How was your Halloween?

Pretty dead around here. Had 5 show up. Now we have to eat the candy.

We live in a suburb, beyond which is rural countryside. All the families come in from the surrounding rural areas and invade our neighborhood.

I love it!

Our kids are teenagers now, and they are smarmy and troublesome and don't like to be seen in public with their parents.

When all these unbelievably adorable little ones showed up at our door, I was overwhelmed with sadness, missing my kids at that age.

I also found out just how old I am. I started trying to guess what each of the kids' costumes was, and I got a lot of them wrong.

After several mistakes, I stopped guessing, unless it was very obvious. Princess, witch, zombie...

Kids are dressing up as video game characters now, and I have not played a video game in over 15 years.

I play some apps on my phone every once in a great while, but have not touched a Playstation or whatever in forever.

I don't get trick or treaters anymore where we live.
I actually forgot it was Halloween until the waitress who took my order at the all you can eat fish fry came over dressed as a cat.

I only buy candy the day after any holiday..
Sadly, Halloween candy is just every day candy, and it never goes on sale after Halloween. Except the candy corn. Now, I like candy corn, but even at 50% off, there's only so much of it I can handle.

Sadly, Halloween candy is just every day candy, and it never goes on sale after Halloween. Except the candy corn. Now, I like candy corn, but even at 50% off, there's only so much of it I can handle.
You must live in a stale world....
They sell it all on sale around here, it won't last in storage because of the high heat of the low cold...and the humidity, even stored salt will come out of the container in block form...Green mold this year is all over da place because of the wet late summer-fall...

I love it!

I actually forgot it was Halloween until the waitress who took my order at the all you can eat fish fry came over dressed as a cat.
Did you eat a boatload?

Not a soul showed up here for TOT :04: which is just how I like it.

I really hate contributing to Mommy & Daddy's dental bills.

Bonus = I had a great salad, with plenty of pizza & beer for a great dinner :banana:

I went to the local grocery for supplies, (regular food), and they had already emptied the shelves of Halloween treats.

it was sitting in carts, waiting to go into the back.

I haven't had a single trick or treater in the eighteen years that I've lived in my home. Just another very quiet night.

They sell it all on sale around here, it won't last in storage because of the high heat of the low cold...and the humidity, even stored salt will come out of the container in block form...Green mold this year is all over da place because of the wet late summer-fall...
Whoa...I thought you lived in Arkansas or someplace like that. Thought it was dry heat out there.

Whoa...I thought you lived in Arkansas or someplace like that. Thought it was dry heat out there.
Nope, that is farther west about 2/3rds of the way into Texas, it's subtropical here...

I love it!

Did you eat a boatload?
No, I'm one of the customers they always make their money on when they have one of those things. But it was reasonably priced and they make the best fish fry around, so I was happy.

I love it!

Did you eat a boatload?
No, I'm one of the customers they always make their money on when they have one of those things. But it was reasonably priced and they make the best fish fry around, so I was happy.
I am going to fry fish tonight too bad the okra has stopped...

I haven't had a single trick or treater in the eighteen years that I've lived in my home. Just another very quiet night.
Do you live in a senior retirement community? :lol:

Forum List

Back