How Trump SHOULD have responded to questions about 2016

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
... and Russian interference.

1. I believe in the work of my intelligence agencies.

2. I believe that the Russian government was motivated by what they believed to be their country's best interest.

3. I do not believe further interference would be in Russia's best interest.

4. Let's look toward the future.

He acknowledges the role Russia played in 2016 while also remaining pragmatic and leaving the door open for future cooperation. He also avoids attacking Putin directly. Easy win.

Can't believe he and his administration didn't have a much better response prepared. Obviously those questions were going to be asked.

It's really pretty simple, all he should have said is, we discussed it, we know where we stand and are moving forward. Of course the regressives would have called him a coward then. He basically couldn't have said anything that wouldn't trash future cooperation and the regressives be satisfied with it.

It's really pretty simple, all he should have said is, we discussed it, we know where we stand and are moving forward. Of course the regressives would have called him a coward then. He basically couldn't have said anything that wouldn't trash future cooperation and the regressives be satisfied with it.

All he had to do was literally say what I said in my OP. Straight to the point. Not aggressive, but doesn't make him seem cowardly either. It would've made him seem reasonable and practical, and put him on an even footing with Putin. Instead, he came across as weak and disorganized. In other words, Putin's bitch.

2. I believe that the Russian government was motivated by what they believed to be their country's best interest.

He acknowledges the role Russia played in 2016 while also remaining pragmatic and leaving the door open for future cooperation. He also avoids attacking Putin directly. Easy win.

Can't believe he and his administration didn't have a much better response prepared. Obviously those questions were going to be asked.

His administration doesn't prepare statements. Trump would ignore them anyway. He thinks he can just wing it and do better.

It wasn't irrelevant at all. Though I'm not in the "TREASON!" camp.

I'm more concerned with just how weak, disorganized, and incompetent the president looked while standing next to a smooth operator (albeit a man capable of pretty monstrous things) named Vladimir Putin.

It’s very easy to believe when we have an incompetent amateur as ‘president’ – someone with no experience or understanding of responsible governance and sound public policy.

How can he believe in the work of his Intel community if they have been alledgedly working in cohoots with the Demon-crats in order to frame or either destroy Trump's presidency as based upon his politics, religion, resolve or his leanings instead of the hard facts ??

How can he believe in the work of his Intel community if they have been alledgedly working in cohoots with the Demon-crats in order to frame or either destroy Trump's presidency as based upon his politics, religion, resolve or his leanings instead of the hard facts ??

That is just nonsense. Stop listening to Alex Jones.

Short of Trump saying Putin helped him win and therefore he will be stepping down to let Hillary take over, Liberals wouldn't be happy with anything Trump said. Never Trumpers are the dumb Mf'ers that voted against Trump's Conservative list when a SCOTUS seat was up in the air. So who cares what they think.

Short of Trump saying Putin helped him win and therefore he will be stepping down to let Hillary take over, Liberals wouldn't be happy with anything Trump said. Never Trumpers are the dumb Mf'ers that voted against Trump's Conservative list when a SCOTUS seat was up in the air. So who cares what they think.

It's not just Trump haters who are seriously confused and worried about his performance at Helsinki.

Yes, keep blaming the media. Not gonna change the fact that Trump meekly accepted Putin's word over that of his own government.
How often has our Govt been right lately......on anything

You understand Trump appointed most of the people you are whining about, don't you?
Talking Govt in toto for past several yrs,,,,their record is abysmal.....inargueable

Yes, keep blaming the media. Not gonna change the fact that Trump meekly accepted Putin's word over that of his own government.

Regardless of the president's beliefs, it's just plain obvious that you don't side with Putin over America in front of the entire world. It makes it worse when Putin is standing nearby, too.
And we don't try to destroy an American President on the world stage thus making him and our nation look like a bunch of complete idiots in front of a world leader like Putin. How stupid can we be ? The screwed up domestic agenda of the left trump's everything, and they are waging a scorched Earth policy here or overseas to try and derail the President.

Regardless of the president's beliefs, it's just plain obvious that you don't side with Putin over America in front of the entire world. It makes it worse when Putin is standing nearby, too.
And we don't try to destroy an American President on the world stage thus making him and our nation look like a bunch of complete idiots in front of a world leader like Putin. How stupid can we be ? The screwed up domestic agenda of the left trump's everything, and they are waging a scorched Earth policy here or overseas to try and derail the President.

You really expect the press to NOT ask the question that is going to get them the most attention by far? Are you out of your mind? Do you realize that news organizations are a BUSINESS?

Not sure the left had much input into the disgusting behavior of Trump on the world stage. Care to elaborate on that?

Forum List

Back