How to win a war (or not)

The Allied strategy of WW2 consisted of killing everyone including civilians and destroying everything including priceless monuments in order to force the maniac leaders to surrender. Bill Clinton did the same thing in Yugoslavia but we have been in Afghanistan for the better part of two decades and it seems that members of the U.S. Military have to get permission from politicians to fire a freaking shot. They even court martialled a combat Marine for the crime of pissing on a dead body. A book and a movie (Lone Survivor) seemed to celebrate a failed Seal mission and the media treats Military Veterans like victims with mental illnesses instead of heroes. Obviously we never intended to defeat the enemy in Afghanistan and still don't.
the enemy is not Afghanistan--as Japan and Germany was
....we are fighting a very complicated war on terrorists/etc--similar to fighting the Viet Cong--very difficult
..we don't want to bomb Afghanistan's '''ball bearing plants'''/aircraft plants/oil/etc
The enemy wasn't Germany or the German people, it was the Nazi regime but yet we firebombed civilians in Dresden to convince Nazi maniacs to surrender. Today the caring and gentle American military arrests combat Marines for pissing on a corpse. LBJ and the CIA set up the rules in Vietnam so that we could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. Didn't we learn anything in fifty years?

Interesting you should bring up the firebombing of Dresden. That was one of the reasons that the Geneva Conventions was enacted.

When the leaders of Germany and of Japan declared all their citizens to be required to fight, they ceased being civilians and became enemy combantants.
Kill. Kill. Kill.

Yet Americans think they are better.

Tell me son how many Americans did the women and children incinerated at Dresden, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, etc, kill?

Are you offering a solution?

What exactly is your intention here?

It seems your intent is to demonize the winners of a long past war while extollling the virtues off the losers.

Why? Are you trying to resurrect the axis?

what you have done is confirm that history is written by the victors.

No way. Truman’s mass murder of women and children with the a-bombs, was nothing short of a war crime. The aerial bombings of German and Japanese cities including the horrendous fire bombings, were all war crimes.

Americans want to believe their government better, when history clearly shows it is no better.
----------------------------------- and thats your OPINION in post number 69 . Others have different Opinions Gipper .
LOL. Yeah the US military didn’t mass murder civilians in WWII. LOL!

Is mass murdering civilians NOT a war crime? Oh yes, it isn’t but only for the US.

Crazy!
------------------------------------------------- feck the 'international kourt' Gipper .
Stop posting. You offer nothing.

So that is your response when I ask you to defend your lie.... Bravo!
Lol. Can you read? My post was responding to pissmo.

When the leaders of Germany and of Japan declared all their citizens to be required to fight, they ceased being civilians and became enemy combantants.
Kill. Kill. Kill.

Tell me son how many Americans did the women and children incinerated at Dresden, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, etc, kill?

It seems your intent is to demonize the winners of a long past war while extollling the virtues off the losers.

Lol. Where did I extol the virtues of the losers? Please don’t be stupid.

Kill. Kill. Kill.

Lol. Where did I extol the virtues of the losers? Please don’t be stupid.

it's called making a moral equivelency, and it is your every post on this thread

Kill. Kill. Kill.

The solution is simple even for statist simpletons to comprehend.

Total war is NEVER acceptable.

Kill. Kill. Kill.

the reality is every war is total war

so i can get behind the argumment that we have no war

Kill. Kill. Kill.

No that is wrong. The US was instrumental in bringing total war back in vogue, when the criminal Sherman made the South howl. He murdered fellow Americans for daring to oppose Dishonest Abe.

Many wars were NOT total.

Kill. Kill. Kill.

No that is wrong. The US was instrumental in bringing total war back in vogue, when the criminal Sherman made the South howl. He murdered fellow Americans for daring to oppose Dishonest Abe.

Which ones did he murder? I mean I know the aristocrats in the south were scared of him and pissed that he'd dare bring the war to their doorsteps and make their lives hard, when it was supposed to just be the poor men and children sent off to die. But instead of killing people, he destroyed civilian property. Instead of bombing cities, killing thousands, he broke the Confederacies back with the least civilian and military loss of life of any major general in the war.

Seriously, you are defending Nazi's and the rebellion to protect and expand race based slavery. Are you just trying to make it completely obvious what a scumbag you are?

Kill. Kill. Kill.

Which ones did he murder? I mean I know the aristocrats in the south were scared of him and pissed that he'd dare bring the war to their doorsteps and make their lives hard, when it was supposed to just be the poor men and children sent off to die. But instead of killing people, he destroyed civilian property. Instead of bombing cities, killing thousands, he broke the Confederacies back with the least civilian and military loss of life of any major general in the war.

Seriously, you are defending Nazi's and the rebellion to protect and expand race based slavery. Are you just trying to make it completely obvious what a scumbag you are?
Do I need to explain what total war means?

Lol. When you need to lie to sit there and defend Nazis and slavery, then when called out about your lies take different diversions rather than address why you are defending Nazis and slavery it tells me more than I care to know about you.

Ignored.

Lol. When you need to lie to sit there and defend Nazis and slavery, then when called out about your lies take different diversions rather than address why you are defending Nazis and slavery it tells me more than I care to know about you.

Ignored.
Good God you’re a fool.

Where did I defend Nazis and slavery?

You dumb statists are all alike.

The Allied strategy of WW2 consisted of killing everyone including civilians and destroying everything including priceless monuments in order to force the maniac leaders to surrender. Bill Clinton did the same thing in Yugoslavia but we have been in Afghanistan for the better part of two decades and it seems that members of the U.S. Military have to get permission from politicians to fire a freaking shot. They even court martialled a combat Marine for the crime of pissing on a dead body. A book and a movie (Lone Survivor) seemed to celebrate a failed Seal mission and the media treats Military Veterans like victims with mental illnesses instead of heroes. Obviously we never intended to defeat the enemy in Afghanistan and still don't.
....we are fighting a very complicated war on terrorists/etc--similar to fighting the Viet Cong--very difficult
..we don't want to bomb Afghanistan's '''ball bearing plants'''/aircraft plants/oil/etc
The enemy wasn't Germany or the German people, it was the Nazi regime but yet we firebombed civilians in Dresden to convince Nazi maniacs to surrender. Today the caring and gentle American military arrests combat Marines for pissing on a corpse. LBJ and the CIA set up the rules in Vietnam so that we could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. Didn't we learn anything in fifty years?

Interesting you should bring up the firebombing of Dresden. That was one of the reasons that the Geneva Conventions was enacted.
why??
why was Dresden different ?

why??

Because of the huge loss of life by civilians. And, there were other things that happened, and other atrocities committed in WWII that caused them to be drawn up. But, then again, every war since WWII has contributed towards expanding the Geneva Conventions, because we keep coming up with newer and more horrific ways to kill each other.

why??

Because of the huge loss of life by civilians. And, there were other things that happened, and other atrocities committed in WWII that caused them to be drawn up. But, then again, every war since WWII has contributed towards expanding the Geneva Conventions, because we keep coming up with newer and more horrific ways to kill each other.
Germany, England, Italy, and the US bombed civilians--that was part of the war
tough shit
civilians die in war--this is a fact

why??

Germany, England, Italy, and the US bombed civilians--that was part of the war
tough shit
civilians die in war--this is a fact

It's patently obvious to even the most casual observer that you have never served. Why do I say this? Because if you had, you would have a better understanding of the Geneva Conventions and why they were created. It was after WWII that people looked around at all the atrocities that were committed and decided that there needed to be rules for warfare. Why do I know that? Because there was 3 days of training per year called Navy Rights and Responsibilities, where we were taught about things like that, as well as why we were there, and how our compensation measured up with the civilian sector among other things.

Forum List

Back