How to save CNN

It might be too late. I would suggest to CNN to provide a much more balanced view of the news that is proffered with opinion, and in the rest, just report the news as it is without it. A wider variety of guests and hosts from a greater cross section would also go a long way to becoming profitable again as well.

It might be too late. I would suggest to CNN to provide a much more balanced view of the news that is proffered with opinion, and in the rest, just report the news as it is without it. A wider variety of guests and hosts from a greater cross section would also go a long way to becoming profitable again as well.
That won't help. That's what they've BEEN doing. They hired that teabagger nutjob radio jerk...Dana Lash. The epitome of irrelevance.

Last edited:
Why save CNN? Since Anderson Cooper came onboard, they've become government hacks espousing what they think the public wants to hear.

Why else would the dumb fuckers ask for the public to vote on news stories they want to hear about via Twitter?

Twitter is for twits.

I could not disagree more with the bolded.
Yes, it's great for people with short attention spans and who have trouble with concepts that won't fit on a bumper sticker.

Why save CNN? Since Anderson Cooper came onboard, they've become government hacks espousing what they think the public wants to hear.

Why else would the dumb fuckers ask for the public to vote on news stories they want to hear about via Twitter?

Twitter is for twits.

I could not disagree more with the bolded.
Yes, it's great for people with short attention spans and who have trouble with concepts that won't fit on a bumper sticker.
whiny fucking pussy says what?

Cnn has to compete with abc, cbs and nbc for liberals.

Fox has no competition for moderates and conservatives and according to a poll I saw a while back, they have plenty of liberal viewers.

So if cnn wants to live, compete with fox for balanced news.

How to save CNN

CNN's president announced last week he's stepping down. Here's my plan to save the ailing news network

BY ALEX PAREENE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay Rosen's excellent take on it:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/106506966828595242496/posts/QvNKFSPejXo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not going to bother posting parts of either of these, other than to say that Professor Rosen makes the salient point that CNN International makes all the money (15% growth), so they could care less about the U.S. version.

If you are interested, click the links. If you post about it, I'll reply. :)

The international version of CNN is far superior to the US version.

How to save CNN

CNN's president announced last week he's stepping down. Here's my plan to save the ailing news network

BY ALEX PAREENE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay Rosen's excellent take on it:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/106506966828595242496/posts/QvNKFSPejXo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not going to bother posting parts of either of these, other than to say that Professor Rosen makes the salient point that CNN International makes all the money (15% growth), so they could care less about the U.S. version.

If you are interested, click the links. If you post about it, I'll reply. :)

The international version of CNN is far superior to the US version.
Is that be because anything non american gives you a chubby?

It's simple enough. Cable news is consumer driven like any other entertainment source. CNN has to figure out why people don't want to watch it. They fired leftie Juan Williams because he wasn't radical enough. Does that tell you anything about the agenda? People just don't trust what they hear from CNN.

Forum List

Back