How to reduce gun deaths in US

This is just a bait article to stir up emotions on both sides. If we're talking about guns we have to start from a reasonable place and not allow emotions to get in the way of common sense solutions to the problem and there is a problem with guns in this country. Just listen to the news on any given day. Cooler heads must prevail.
I gave you a common sense solution in the opening post

Some things cant be helped
This is not one of those things. The rest of the world has proven it.
Booze and overeating kill more than 30,000 a year
Just about the dumbest comparison ever.
But you continue to resist common sense measures that I proposed that would reduce gun deaths
I “thanked” your post. I think anyone arrested of a gun crime should spend their full sentence in jail myself.
And I think the reason is that there is a death pact on the left that says gun confiscation or bust
I’ve never heard of a gun pact. I’m sure this is another conspiracy theory on your part.

This is not one of those things. The rest of the world has proven it.
Only by taking rights away from law-abiding citizens

Any result is possible if the government is ruthless enough

I “thanked” your post. I think anyone arrested of a gun crime should spend their full sentence in jail myself.
Thats sounds good on the surface but we both know that isnt happening in practice

Any convicted criminal carrying an illegal firearm should serve a mandatory prison term

I suggest 5 years

But even 3 without early release would be helpful

This woman is a convicted felon who was carrying a firearm illegally

The penalty for that should be a MANDATORY 5 years on jail, with no chance for parole or early release, and cannot non wavered by some asshole lib judge

If gun grabbing libs are serious about reducing gun deaths this is the place to start

I agree. To reduce gun crime, you need to focus on those who commit gun crime. Shoplifting or snatch and run crimes should not be slaps on the risk but come with significant consequences whether or not that merits jail. Use a gun in a crime and you're looking at mandatory prison time and a felony record that takes away your right to carry a gun.

If Chicago would seriously go after the lawless gangs that are killing each other along with a innocent bystanders and put them in jail instead of worrying about whether the law abiding citizens have a gun, you would soon see a whole lot less of the carnage they have almost every weekend.

Thats sounds good on the surface but we both know that isnt happening in practice

Any convicted criminal carrying an illegal firearm should serve a mandatory prison term

I suggest 5 years

But even 3 without early release would be helpful
Well, the State of Texas--ran by Republicans for decades--has almost as many felons on the street via parole as they have locked up in the largest prison system in the US.

Here is the part where you blame democrats because...it’s all you know how to do.

To be fair, couldn't you have also said something more profound? For example, have you noticed the trend where the right only cares about gun violence when it's dark skinned people carrying the guns?
You mean the OVERWHELMING majority of gun violence...that which occurs in urban environs?

The only gun violence that leftists seem blind to?

You can have your right to easy access to firearms, but we will continue to have substantially higher rates of firearm deaths.

All you’re doing is trying to find a way to avoid the consequences of what you want.
...and sales of alcohol will continue to contribute to higher alcohol related deaths.

...and sales of cars will continue to contribute to higher car related deaths.

Strangely, my guns, my alcohol and my vehicles have killed no one.

So perhaps we can agree that it is not access, but responsible use that is the actual issue at hand.

This woman is a convicted felon who was carrying a firearm illegally

The penalty for that should be a MANDATORY 5 years on jail, with no chance for parole or early release, and cannot non wavered by some asshole lib judge

If gun grabbing libs are serious about reducing gun deaths this is the place to start

I can sympathize with your view, but "mandatory" sentences are always totally and completely illegal and in contradiction to the whole process of justice where you are judges and sentences by the court you are in, and not the legislators ahead of time.
The Bill of Rights demands the judge have absolute power when it comes to applying mitigating circumstances.

...and sales of alcohol will continue to contribute to higher alcohol related deaths.

...and sales of cars will continue to contribute to higher car related deaths.

Strangely, my guns, my alcohol and my vehicles have killed no one.

So perhaps we can agree that it is not access, but responsible use that is the actual issue at hand.
No one ever walked into a grade school and mowed down dozens of kids with a bottle of whiskey.

No one ever robbed a gas station with a can of beer.

Gun and gun crime is out of control in this country.

Forum List

Back