Zone1 How to read a political thinker

I've explained it multiple times. He used shoddy research, in some cases unethically gathered, and has been renounced by the university that employed him.
You have said that he used shoddy research, but you have not explained how it was shoddy. Neither has anyone else.

What he has said is that Orientals tend to be more intelligent, obedient to the law, and monogamous than whites, who tend to have vastly more of these characteristics than Negroes. That is obvious. Look at the data.

For you the delusions of woke political correctness seem to be status symbols.

By mouthing the fashionable nonsense of fashionable people you think you have risen above your humble beginnings.

Oh, no, I rose above my humble beginnings through hard work and integrity, including serving my country in the US Army for 11 years. I have the medals and accolades to prove my accomplishments.

With your obscene words, and your lack of literacy and learning you expose the truth about yourself.

I actually get paid for my writing... so there's that.

True, I don't use the kind of color language I use to describe you, but then again, most of my customers are decent people trying to better their lives, not some loser trying to blame black people for his disappointments.

It is characteristic of you that you use the persecution of Jews in Czarist Russia and Nazi Germany, not to condemn the persecution, but the Jews.

Well, um, yeah. They really pissed those people off, didn't they? The problem is dislike for Jews in Germany long preceded the Nazis, and dislike of them in Russia long survived the Czars.

There's probably a reason for that.

Point is, if you gain the emnity of people wherever you go, you might want to look at your own behavior.

You have said that he used shoddy research, but you have not explained how it was shoddy. Neither has anyone else.

I've posted dozens of links on his shoddy, unethical research.

Point is, his own University has denounced him.

What he has said is that Orientals tend to be more intelligent, obedient to the law, and monogamous than whites, who tend to have vastly more of these characteristics than Negroes. That is obvious. Look at the data.

Yeah, he also said Asians were less sexual, which is just nonsense...
as any white dude who has dated an Asian woman can tell you.

I've posted dozens of links on his shoddy, unethical research.

Point is, his own University has denounced him.
You have posted links claiming that his research was shoddy and unethical. Those links did not explain how his research was shoddy and unethical. You have not either.

Even his own university has not explained how is research was inaccurate.

Professor J. Philippe Rughton was a brave man who had the courage to tell what will become increasingly obvious as more is learned about the human genome, and and as Negroes continue to cause problems. with their low average intelligence, their sky high rates of crime, and their jaw dropping rates of illegitimacy.

Although Professor Rushton's critics have not been able to disprove his assertions, with nothing more than internet access I have demonstrated that Negroes tend to be considerably less intelligent than whites, that they have a murder rate nearly eight times the white rate, and an illegitimacy rate that is two and a half the white rate.

I have also demonstrated that illegitimacy is a personal problem, and an economic problem because responsible married couples are taxed to pay for the illegitimate children of irresponsible and unmarried people

Yeah, he also said Asians were less sexual, which is just nonsense...
as any white dude who has dated an Asian woman can tell you.
Center for Equal Opportunity

Percentage of Births to Unmarried Women​

ROGER CLEGG FEBRUARY 26, 2020

Late last year, the final data for 2018 were published here (the key is Table 9 on page 25), and here’s what we learn: For all racial and ethnic groups combined, 39.6 percent of births in the United States were out-of-wedlock (incidentally, isn’t that appalling?). And there was as always a tremendous range among groups. For blacks, the number is 69.4 percent; for American Indians/Alaska Natives, 68.2 percent (Native Hawaiians/Other Pacific Islanders were at 50.4 percent); for Hispanics, 51.8 percent; for whites, 28.2 percent; and for Asian Americans, a paltry 11.7 percent.

So, we go from seven out of ten for African Americans, to one out of ten for Asian Americans.

You have posted links claiming that his research was shoddy and unethical. Those links did not explain how his research was shoddy and unethical. You have not either.

Even his own university has not explained how is research was inaccurate.

Well, yes, they did. For starters, he collected data from his own students without their consent or informing them what he was collecting data for.

Center for Equal Opportunity

Percentage of Births to Unmarried Women​

Wow, you realize that it's possible to have sex and not make a baby, right?
Well, you probably don't.

Well, yes, they did. For starters, he collected data from his own students without their consent or informing them what he was collecting data for.
That is common in psychological experiments. Subjects are told that the experiment is for one reason, when it is for another reason. Two things are important here: the findings are still valid; the subjects are not harmed.

Allowing freedom to a group of humans is not the same as for a group that fought for and obtained what they considered their rights. It is not easy to convey the significance of some things. It is often the cause of problems between the groups and their standards in certain aspects. Certainly, the education system has let everyone down.

I feel morally superior because I've overcome the prejudices our society is built on.

Um, wow, you kind of took what I said and made it sound crazier.. Good job.
Racism Is Part of the Survival Instinct. For Inferior Races, It Is Part of the Death Wish.

"Racist" is a buzz word invented by spoiled sheltered snobs who transfer their guilt for being nothing without their Daddy's Money to those who have to do it on their own, which is the very essence of Americanism. And the American Way also includes rewarding racial superiority, but that proven path is being destroyed by birth-class superiority, which never should never have been allowed here.

So race treason has snob appeal to pathetic losers who look up to the Fortunate Sons, starting with the Kennedys, or to other trustfundie tyrants, including the Conservative HeirHeads who appease their Liberal prep-school classmates by never answering them back with "What's wrong with being a racist?"

In order to feel superior and part of the in-crowd, you have to make up the false ethics that racism is wrong. But a racist is nothing more than a realist.

Um, wow, you kind of took what I said and made it sound crazier.. Good job.

Are you arguing for paying students to be students?
Hypocrisy Heiristocracy

Again you prove your love of richkids. The few students who belong in college should get the paid-up tuition and high allowance those unAmerican HeirHeads get from their Daddies, who tell everybody else to work without pay and take a loan for tuition. So we must use our brains to eliminate that class for not preaching what it practices. The ones who are self-made prove that they regretted doing what they brag to us about doing, because they protect their sons from having to go through what the unprivileged college students go through.

That is common in psychological experiments. Subjects are told that the experiment is for one reason, when it is for another reason. Two things are important here: the findings are still valid; the subjects are not harmed.

Actually, it's not common at all... it's actually considered unethical.

Researchers Must Obtain Informed Consent​

Informed consent is a procedure in which all study participants are told about procedures and informed of any potential risks.1 Consent should be documented in written form. Informed consent ensures that participants know enough about the experiment to make an informed decision about whether or not they want to participate.

Obviously, this can present problems in cases where telling the participants the necessary details about the experiment might unduly influence their responses or behaviors in the study. The use of deception in psychology research is allowed in certain instances, but only if the study would be impossible to conduct without the use of deception, if the research will provide some sort of valuable insight and if the subjects will be debriefed and informed about the study's true purpose after the data has been collected.

A political thinker should be read for insight, rather than doctrine. Most people like what a political thinker says, and agree with all of it, or they dislike it, and assume that it is all mistaken.

Edmund Burke and Karl Marx are seen as polar opposites. Burke favored slow, evolutionary changes, respecting what already existed.

Nevertheless, Burke idealized the French aristocracy and monarchy that existed before the French Revolution. When he wrote Reflections on the Revolution in France Louis XVI was still the king of FRance. The Reign of Terror had not begun yet. France was doing what England had accomplished a century earlier: France was developing a representative democracy with a Constitutional monarch.

The execution of Louis XVII and the Reign of Terror happened under the pressure of an invasion of Russia and Austria. If the rest of the world had let the French work out their differences peacefully, I believe that France would still have a Constitutional monarch, and the Napoleonic wars would not have happened.

From Burke I lean that there is often wisdom in tradition, and that we should be pessimistic about human nature and human potential. For a modern treatise on human nature I recommend Sociobiology, the New Synthessis, by E.O.Wilson. For a modern treatise on human potential and its limitations I recommend The Bell Curve, by Professor Richard Herrnstein and Charles Murray.

My study of Marx includes a fascinating seminar I took on Das Kapital, under the aegis of the American Communist Party. I think Marx had two valid insights. These explain the Great Depression, and the current rise in economic inequality. First, the natural tendency of un or lightly regulated capitalism is to accumulate wealth and income at the top. Second, partly as a result of this capitalist economies experience increasingly destructive economic downturns.

Everything else Marx asserted was mistaken. His most egregious mistake was to assert that loyalties of class are more powerful than loyalties of race, nation, and ethnicity. For most people, most of the time, the opposite is true. The writings of Marx do not explain the First World War, the rise of Italian Fascism and German Nazism, and the fact that America's white working class is a Republican constituency.
how is 'looking at history' gonna predict the complicated futures in different parts around the world?

Forum List

Back