How to manage your colonies

You have the right to ramble freely in England as long as there are no signs saying private property. The ramblers do not like it when people walk across their gardens

I lived in the UK for a year and did a lot of rambling. I like the way that they had little steps over the fences. Delightful indeed.

Greg

I remember the Thames walks, and the rambles through the ancient Berkshire woods.

One of my walks was along the Grand Union Canal from Boxmoor where we were living. Helping with the locks was always appreciated. One of my "drop in" spots ...very occasionally.

the-fishery-inn-hemel-hempstead-1.jpg

Greg

Oh yes, the locks. Had forgotten about them. Always something to watch.

I took a boat to Windsor once, going through several locks en route.

I like Windsor. I went with my beloved one day and it was a really lovely place. We were walking along the street and noticed a handbag on public seat. No one was around so I thought "paydirt"....but the missus made me hand it in to one of the guards at Windsor Castle. There was a fair bit of money in it so I hope it made it to its rightful owner...sorta.:itsok:

Greg
Thanks for a good story. Abraham Lincoln called that the better angels of your nature.

You have the right to ramble freely in England as long as there are no signs saying private property. The ramblers do not like it when people walk across their gardens

I lived in the UK for a year and did a lot of rambling. I like the way that they had little steps over the fences. Delightful indeed.

Greg

I remember the Thames walks, and the rambles through the ancient Berkshire woods.

One of my walks was along the Grand Union Canal from Boxmoor where we were living. Helping with the locks was always appreciated. One of my "drop in" spots ...very occasionally.

Greg

I like Windsor. I went with my beloved one day and it was a really lovely place. We were walking along the street and noticed a handbag on public seat. No one was around so I thought "paydirt"....but the missus made me hand it in to one of the guards at Windsor Castle. There was a fair bit of money in it so I hope it made it to its rightful owner...sorta.:itsok:

Greg

A real treat is feeding the swans on the river. (Have you seen the choice of words for a group of swans? One being a "lamentation" of.......)

I like the way the castle dominates the town.

Oh to be in England........

You dont like the truth do you, and without the handouts from the English would be forced to pay for your prescriptions and education out of the taxes you raise yourselves. How soon do you think the Welsh would turn if they had to pay 50% VAT and 35% income taxes just to balance the books in regards to welfare costs. When the DVLA closes down and puts thousands out of work, the hospitals close through lack of funds and the roads become rutted cart tracks then you will regret ever being a RACIST POS

He's a Welsh Communist. Self admitted and blissfully unaware of the stupidity of his POSition.

Greg

Does Tom know that the Germans own, or owned, the London water board company?

And the French own the gas and electricity companies, then buy their gas from the North sea at cut prices set by the EU to sell back to the British at twice what they pay in France. Guess he does not know that it is the European firms that set the price for water and that it is all down to the EU rules and regulations what the welsh can and cant do with their water.

Arriva, the bus company, is also German.

Really? On our first holiday there it was Arriva or National Express(?) No wonder Arriva ran on time. Natiopnal Express not so much, but really both were quite good. We bought a car when we stayed there for the year. Great little Polo(VW).

Greg

The Germans should have something like National Express. OTOH, they have an excellent rail network.

Greg

Greg

Greg
Thanks for a good story. Abraham Lincoln called that the better angels of your nature.

Good lad was young Abe. lol

Where in the States do you hang your hat??

Greg

He's a Welsh Communist. Self admitted and blissfully unaware of the stupidity of his POSition.

Greg

And the French own the gas and electricity companies, then buy their gas from the North sea at cut prices set by the EU to sell back to the British at twice what they pay in France. Guess he does not know that it is the European firms that set the price for water and that it is all down to the EU rules and regulations what the welsh can and cant do with their water.

Really? On our first holiday there it was Arriva or National Express(?) No wonder Arriva ran on time. National Express not so much, but really both were quite good. We bought a car when we stayed there for the year. Great little Polo(VW).

Greg

The Germans should have something like National Express. OTOH, they have an excellent rail network.

Very friendly people too. I haven't really been to Germany except as an unscheduled stopover because of a thunderstorm at Heathrow. I had a day to kill so took the train into Frankfurt. Some young people took me under their wing and showed me around. Plus they made sure I made it back to the airport on time. Very fond memories.

Rome was appalling; on strike when we were there and the overnight train to France was a shocker. Not sure what this has to do with the OP but I'm sure if the English had conquered Europe then Tommy would be still cheering......desperate attempt to get on topic.

Greg

Greg

Greg

Greg

A real treat is feeding the swans on the river. (Have you seen the choice of words for a group of swans? One being a "lamentation" of.......)

Sea Gulls will steal your French fries when dining outside in San Diego harbor.

Greg

Greg

Another illusion gone. And I fancied going there for the climate.

That happens in UK seaside resorts too. A lot.

And the horrible screeching noise they make whilst assembling on the rooftops of Hastings, too early in the morning.

Really? On our first holiday there it was Arriva or National Express(?) No wonder Arriva ran on time. National Express not so much, but really both were quite good. We bought a car when we stayed there for the year. Great little Polo(VW).

Greg

Very friendly people too. I haven't really been to Germany except as an unscheduled stopover because of a thunderstorm at Heathrow. I had a day to kill so took the train into Frankfurt. Some young people took me under their wing and showed me around. Plus they made sure I made it back to the airport on time. Very fond memories.

Rome was appalling; on strike when we were there and the overnight train to France was a shocker. Not sure what this has to do with the OP but I'm sure if the English had conquered Europe then Tommy would be still cheering......desperate attempt to get on topic.

Greg

Frankfurt is one of the most cosmopolitan and open minded areas in Germany.

Greg

Greg

What do you mean? I thought the English had already conquered Europe.

:beer:

Greg

Greg

And the horrible screeching noise they make whilst assembling on the rooftops of Hastings, too early in the morning.

lol. This is for Xband too. I couldn't believe the size of the seagulls in the UK. Ours are very dainty by comparison and evidently far better mannered. Mind you; throw them a chip and they'll run after anything you throw after that.......pebbles, shells etc etc etc. They don't eat the inedibles though.

I was stunned to see some Black Swans in St James' Park. Read later that they beat up the English ones; sorta made my heart swell with pride. Hate to think what they'd do to the Tommy Tainted variety!!!

Greg

Greg

Greg

I worked in Oakland, California as a hot roofer and there were broken shells on the warehouse roof. Watch out because Sea Gulls drop clams on the roof to break them open. Sea Gulls are smart birds.

Greg

Greg

What do you mean? I thought the English had already conquered Europe.

:beer:

They seem to be doing a tactical withdrawal now though.

Greg

I'm sure Tommy Tainant considers Wales to be a colony, ruled over by the despicable British.
You steal our assets and then tell us we are too poor to cope on our own.

Thats straight out of the British Empire handbook.

Oh, this again.
:itsok:
It doesnt go away. The best of it is then you call us scroungers who cant cope. Priceless.

You dont like the truth do you, and without the handouts from the English would be forced to pay for your prescriptions and education out of the taxes you raise yourselves. How soon do you think the Welsh would turn if they had to pay 50% VAT and 35% income taxes just to balance the books in regards to welfare costs. When the DVLA closes down and puts thousands out of work, the hospitals close through lack of funds and the roads become rutted cart tracks then you will regret ever being a RACIST POS
Not to mention the £6 billion in EU handouts they have squandered thus far. No wonder Tammy is still crying into his leek n potato soup re Brexit. Awwww.

Was that down in Cornwall?

Another separatist region.

I've been to Tintagel Castle in Cornwall. went for a walk around the headland...not sure if I was supposed to but it seemed OK at the time....Not in Wales though.

Panor%C3%A1ma_krajiny_kolem_Tintagelu.jpg

Greg

Greg

Greg
I've been on that canal on my narrowboat. It's always nice when the gongoozlers lend a hand :beer:

Greg

lol. This is for Xband too. I couldn't believe the size of the seagulls in the UK. Ours are very dainty by comparison and evidently far better mannered. Mind you; throw them a chip and they'll run after anything you throw after that.......pebbles, shells etc etc etc. They don't eat the inedibles though.

I was stunned to see some Black Swans in St James' Park. Read later that they beat up the English ones; sorta made my heart swell with pride. Hate to think what they'd do to the Tommy Tainted variety!!!

Greg

I used to do long river walks in Henley-on-Thames. More swans, interspersed with Canada geese. There's a ban on importing those now. They were getting out of hand.

The whole Thames valley is a lovely area.

I've been to Tintagel Castle in Cornwall. went for a walk around the headland...not sure if I was supposed to but it seemed OK at the time....Not in Wales though.

Greg

Greg

Greg
I've been on that canal on my narrowboat. It's always nice when the gongoozlers lend a hand :beer:

You have a narrow boat??

I love the way they paint flowers on them; I saw what they said were woodbines on one and they were beautiful. What do they call that; I did know once? Folk art??

Greg

Greg

Greg

I used to do long river walks in Henley-on-Thames. More swans, interspersed with Canada geese. There's a ban on importing those now. They were getting out of hand.

The whole Thames valley is a lovely area.

Loved walking along the Grand Union from Boxmoor to Berkhamsted. I started riding a bike while there and have continued doing so back here, especially of late. ............stop; I'm pining for the fjiords!!!

I'm getting all gooey. I miss that a lot more than I realised.

Greg

Greg

Greg

Greg

I was there in 2005/6. Any Aussie folk about 50 assist you back then?? I hope I did so. lol:rock:

Greg

Greg

Greg

You have a narrow boat??

I love the way they paint flowers on them; I saw what they said were woodbines on one and they were beautiful. What do they call that; I did know once? Folk art??

Greg

The original narrow boats were working boats and would be owned by Gypsy families, they painted everything they could as living in such cramped conditions would lead to the spread of disease's. Very clean and meticulous the Gypsies, unlike the modern traveller who is scruffy, dirty and devious.

Modern narrow boats have all the latest mod-cons and are very expensive to run, with the BWB licence alone running at £300 or so. Then there are boat yard fees and suchlike to take into consideration. Just put a small one on a trailer and use it on land, so much cheaper

Forum List

Back