How To Interpret "Trumpisms"

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
First, one needs to realize that Donald Trump is a master negotiator and a public relations expert. This means that you always ask for more than you are willing to settle for, and that any Republican Presidential candidate has to be able to pierce the liberal media veil in order to communicate with voters. Examples:

1. "Ban all Muslims from entering the U.S." (Obviously, this doesn't apply to returning citizens.) What Trump would likely settle for is banning Muslims unless/until we can be reasonably assured that they have no connection to or sympathies for radical Islamic terrorists.

2, "Deport all illegal aliens." What Trump would likely settle for is mandatory registration and background checks before being allowed to stay here, with stiff mandatory penalties for those who return after deportation.

3. "Make Mexico pay for a wall." This means that Mexico will have to greatly increase its border security or else face economic penalties that will pay for a wall to be built by us.

I am not trying to water down his policies, but rather put them in the context of what he would actually be able to do if he was President. Thoughts/comments?

Okay, number 3 and this is how Mexico pays. Mexico gets 30 to 40 BILLION a year from us in aid. He deducts 100k per illegal caught crossing the border.

Mexico is the faced with a choice. Keep their people and aid money or ignore the crossings and lose the money.

Demagogues will be demagogues. And that is what Trump is. Appealing to the lowest common denominator. Might win him the nomination in the present GOP. Will lose spectacularly in the general.

I thought the reason the tea baggers like him is because they don't have to 'interpret' him. He says what they are thinking.

I thought the reason the tea baggers like him is because they don't have to 'interpret' him. He says what they are thinking.

He speaks in code, you know. You have to send off for the secret Trump decoder ring. Then, you will find out what, ".....she was bleeding from her, whatever...", means.

He speaks in code, you know. You have to send off for the secret Trump decoder ring. Then, you will find out what, ".....she was bleeding from her, whatever...", means.

I think he has a problem with 'her' 'bleeding from her whatever'. He's a weirdo like Carson.

I think he has a problem with 'her' 'bleeding from her whatever'. He's a weirdo like Carson.

God, you people are vapid. Has a neuron in your frontal lobes fired in the last ten years?

Okay, number 3 and this is how Mexico pays. Mexico gets 30 to 40 BILLION a year from us in aid. He deducts 100k per illegal caught crossing the border.

Mexico is the faced with a choice. Keep their people and aid money or ignore the crossings and lose the money.
Interesting. Conditional aid is the only policy of foreign aid that I seen have successful results.

No matter who gets the GOP nomination, Trump's statements have created a perception within the minds of the average voter that will damage the GOP in the general. The GOP regulars realize this, and that is why they are trying to get him to tone his statements down. Far too late for that. Trump will either get the nomination, or do a third party run. Pandering to the lunatic fringe results in some very bad Karma.

Remember this?

You know you read about things in Germany in the mid '30s and how many people started getting an uneasy feeling about what was going on and many left the country while they could.

Trump hasn't risen to this level yet but that weird feeling of something is really wrong with this guy and the people that follow him is starting to creep in. He isn't just 'anti-establishment', it is becoming apparent that he really is an authoritarian.

Forum List

Back