How to Defeat the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact

How many even know this group exists? Or who’s behind and financing it?

Conversely, as many commentators have noted, and as liberals' behavior since Hillary Clinton's 2016 loss to Donald Trump has demonstrated, when liberals lose under the existing rules, they seek to change the rules, specifically, the Electoral College whereby the individual states choose the president, replacing it with a nationwide "popular vote."

In other words, eliminate the Electoral College and destroy the very foundation of our republic.

But if there is one thing on which liberals and conservatives can agree, it is that, the odds of convincing enough smaller states to cut off their own electoral cojones lies somewhere between zero and zilch. So our ever-inventive (when it comes to disempowering their opponents) friends on the left have conjured up a Plan B, the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact:

The whole thing is an exercise in futility. There is no way the smaller states will give up their power to decide who leads this country.

Much more @ https://www.americanthinker.com/art...national_popular_vote_interstate_compact.html

The laws are unconstitutional as they deny the people of the States a Republican form of government, due to basically nullifying their vote and giving it to people outside the State.

Anything to stop the fullest expression of the will of the people.
Natonal popular vote is the way to express the will of CA, NY, IL, FLA, and TX.

If you're living anywhere else, your vote won't count.

the-states-in-blue-have-a-smaller-population-than-los-29334228.png
Oddball, you have nothing to worry about from Texas. There's Houston and there's Dallas/Ft. Worth. The rest of us are country folks. So we run a tight ship, but the NY/CA groups were so hateful to Johnson (D. Tx US President), George HW Bush (R-T, President) and Dubya, (R-Tx, President) we're pretty conservative now. We've been Republican since GHWB, pretty much. We do make room for Democrats who are savvy enough to keep it cool on spending. Unfortunately for Democrats. they made hoi polloi mad when they cancelled legislature and camped out in Oklahoma City for a week. That was a footshoot if there ever was one, but conservatives had nothing to do with that little party poop. lol

Mob rule is morally and intellectually repugnant.

You'd make a loyal subject of a Crown. "Mob rule" is your idiotic strawman - 'democratic election' and 'mob rule' don't have the same meaning.
Lmao

If you think that's funny, wait 'til you hear the one about the Tyranny of the Minority. Or of the Monarchy, as may be.

Mob rule is morally and intellectually repugnant.

You'd make a loyal subject of a Crown. "Mob rule" is your idiotic strawman - 'democratic election' and 'mob rule' don't have the same meaning.
Lmao

If you think that's funny, wait 'til you hear the one about the Tyranny of the Minority. Or of the Monarchy, as may be.
I understand your argument. However, many of the citizenry is dependent, irresponsible and flat out stupid.
People need to have skin in the game to vote on what actually effects people.
I don't even care for what we have now but it's better than mob rule.
I wish it was land owners. Of course, I support women and blacks voting. So I don't really care for the way it was either.
I just want skin in the game. Period.

Long Live the popular vote compact!

It makes America Great

Forum List

Back