How to Defeat the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
How many even know this group exists? Or who’s behind and financing it?

Conversely, as many commentators have noted, and as liberals' behavior since Hillary Clinton's 2016 loss to Donald Trump has demonstrated, when liberals lose under the existing rules, they seek to change the rules, specifically, the Electoral College whereby the individual states choose the president, replacing it with a nationwide "popular vote."

In other words, eliminate the Electoral College and destroy the very foundation of our republic.

But if there is one thing on which liberals and conservatives can agree, it is that, the odds of convincing enough smaller states to cut off their own electoral cojones lies somewhere between zero and zilch. So our ever-inventive (when it comes to disempowering their opponents) friends on the left have conjured up a Plan B, the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact:

The whole thing is an exercise in futility. There is no way the smaller states will give up their power to decide who leads this country.

Much more @ https://www.americanthinker.com/art...national_popular_vote_interstate_compact.html

Conversely, as many commentators have noted, and as liberals' behavior since Hillary Clinton's 2016 loss to Donald Trump has demonstrated, when liberals lose under the existing rules, they seek to change the rules, specifically, the Electoral College whereby the individual states choose the president, replacing it with a nationwide "popular vote."

In other words, eliminate the Electoral College and destroy the very foundation of our republic.

But if there is one thing on which liberals and conservatives can agree, it is that, the odds of convincing enough smaller states to cut off their own electoral cojones lies somewhere between zero and zilch. So our ever-inventive (when it comes to disempowering their opponents) friends on the left have conjured up a Plan B, the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact:

The whole thing is an exercise in futility. There is no way the smaller states will give up their power to decide who leads this country.

Much more @ https://www.americanthinker.com/art...national_popular_vote_interstate_compact.html

I hit the winner icon, but I also wanted to thank you. The electoral college is one of the last vestiges of the Republic we are guaranteed in the Constitution. I'd even advocate going back to the states choosing the U.S. Senators.

If we went back to the Republic, we'd have more Rights and fewer power brokers using democracy to destroy the country.

I believe we already had a few states that went by popular vote. What we had were a bunch of 20 and 30 year olds that had no idea how that states did their own thing. No idea how the system worked and by golly they want to do something about that. So they can work it via their own states. Hopefully, they will live long enough to regret it.

If the compact is passed, the libs will denounce it in a New York minute if the tables are turned and the Republicans run up incredible totals in the states they run and take the popular vote. (but lose most of the states)

Anything to stop the fullest expression of the will of the people.
Natonal popular vote is the way to express the will of CA, NY, IL, FLA, and TX.

If you're living anywhere else, your vote won't count.

the-states-in-blue-have-a-smaller-population-than-los-29334228.png

Nobody needs the small states in the compact if they choose not to join

You only need enough states to reach 270 EV

If the compact is passed, the libs will denounce it in a New York minute if the tables are turned and the Republicans run up incredible totals in the states they run and take the popular vote. (but lose most of the states)

I actually denounce it now;

I don't see how it's fair that the gal/guy who gets the most votes in Alabama could not get Alabama's electoral votes based on the votes in other states.

That being said, I do not see anything in the Constitution that doesn't allow Alabama to award it's electoral votes anyway it chooses as long as it doesn't disenfranchise voters.

Mob rule is morally and intellectually repugnant.

You'd make a loyal subject of a Crown. "Mob rule" is your idiotic strawman - 'democratic election' and 'mob rule' don't have the same meaning.

We live in a Constitutional Representative Republic, not a Democracy as the politicians and media would have you believe. STATES ELECT PRESIDENTS, NOT PEOPLE.

You'd make a loyal subject of a Crown. "Mob rule" is your idiotic strawman - 'democratic election' and 'mob rule' don't have the same meaning.

We live in a Constitutional Representative Republic, not a Democracy as the politicians and media would have you believe. STATES ELECT PRESIDENTS, NOT PEOPLE.

Oh, jeez, thanks, I didn't know.

Don't be a dummy. I've understood the electoral college since 5th Grade almost 60 years ago. I was responding to the wack job who equates direct election - say of a mayor, for example - with mob rule.

Oh, jeez, thanks, I didn't know.

Don't be a dummy. I've understood the electoral college since 5th Grade almost 60 years ago. I was responding to the wack job who equates direct election - say of a mayor, for example - with mob rule.

Just because I quoted you doesn't mean I was lecturing you. I know you knew what the EC and our structure of government was about, etc. Lighten up.

It is simply another political stunt by Democrats to rig the system in their favor, just like the "top two" scheme in California which only allowed two Democrats (and no Republicans) on the last ballot for the U.S. Senate.

Any Democrat who would give up his State's right to vote in a Presidential election is a traitor to the people of that State.

Don’t need to convince smaller states. Your argument is void.

It is simply another political stunt by Democrats to rig the system in their favor, just like the "top two" scheme in California which only allowed two Democrats (and no Republicans) on the last ballot for the U.S. Senate.

Any Democrat who would give up his State's right to vote in a Presidential election is a traitor to the people of that State.
No stunt

Just states executing their constitutional powers

Don’t need to convince smaller states. Your argument is void.
Smaller states don’t have to join if they don’t want to

Nobody needs the small states in the compact if they choose not to join

You only need enough states to reach 270 EV
Wait till you pay $25. a gallon for gas that comes from Podunk, bub. :lmao:

Forum List

Back