How to beat Obama.

The TEA Party is not a problem for the republican party. It's an asset. Only the gullible are swallowing the leftwing propaganda about the TEA Party.

If it comes down to

1 DNC....Obama
2 RNC....Romney, Perry, Gingrich, Polenta, etc...
3 TP......Bachman or Palin

You don't think the 2 & 3 are going to split the same votes?

Which is why the Tea Party has been trying to work with in the Republican Party, and not become a 3rd Party.

Yes...but the GOP can only nominate one candidate. It's not going to be Sarah Palin or Michell Bachman. Unless the nominee just flat out lies to the people about being the party of "no" and presents some policies where a few nickels and dimes may be spent on something other than Defense and Social Security...you'll see a split. Tea Partiers--a lot of them anyway--are stupid that way. There is no evidence to the contrary on that. The biggest thing is to appease the tea party monster....I'm guessing a VP slot which isn't going to help the ticket at all. Minnesota and Alaska?

Theres a long time between now and then but the immutable truth is that the Tea Party is petulant and it's an all or nothing proposition with the rank and file. Dick Armey understands compromise; he hasn't taught it to his followers yet.

Ok Republicans and Conservatives.

This is how you beat Obama. It is rather simple.

Contrast. Don't get hung up on Social Conservatism. Nominate a no nonsense Fiscal Conservative who is a stark contrast to Obama and you will walk in.

Nominate a wishy washy middle of the road Moderate to liberal Republican and you will lose. Period.

Don't let the Dems and the Liberal Press anoint our Candidate. Don't try and pick the Candidate the Dems and Liberal Press like the most. Pick the ones they hate. They hate them for a reason. They know they can beat Obama.

That said, I must restate. PLEASE do not make this Election about Social Conservative Issues! That's a loser. Push Social issues to much, and you will lose the middle, which will vote for you if you talk about fiscal Conservatism and limited Power, but are gonna bail as soon as you start talking Religious right BS.

By my Standards my top 2 Choices to beat Obama, are so far, not even planning to run. :(

Sounds like a job for Rick Perry; he's exactly what the GOP represents, God, Guns and giving it up the ass to poor people.

Sounds like you didn't read what I Wrote at all. You list GOD as his first issue, when I clearly stated stressing the social issues was a loser.

Oh I read it and I agree; that is what the GOP needs. It's unrealistic to think that the religious right will sit this one out...do you disagree?

Contrast. Don't get hung up on Social Conservatism. Nominate a no nonsense Fiscal Conservative who is a stark contrast to Obama and you will walk in.

Nominate a wishy washy middle of the road Moderate to liberal Republican and you will lose. Period.

Don't let the Dems and the Liberal Press anoint our Candidate. Don't try and pick the Candidate the Dems and Liberal Press like the most. Pick the ones they hate. They hate them for a reason. They know they can beat Obama.

That said, I must restate. PLEASE do not make this Election about Social Conservative Issues! That's a loser. Push Social issues to much, and you will lose the middle, which will vote for you if you talk about fiscal Conservatism and limited Power, but are gonna bail as soon as you start talking Religious right BS.

By my Standards my top 2 Choices to beat Obama, are so far, not even planning to run. :(

the only reason this kid is in that oval office is because of rino mc cain !

Thank you people for making my day today.

The right courted this bunch of people so they could win elections (they also had to cheat too).

Now this group they courted is going to strangle them from behind.

If you pick a candidate that can win a genreal election then the TP people like L here will blow a gasket and run someone like Bachman.

you will lose.

If you pick someone they like enough to vote for you can not win a general election.

You will lose.

You can not win with the TP people and you can not win without the TP people.

You cant cheat enough to win in either case without getting BIG TIME caught.

The R party has built its own coffin

You want to know how to beat him? Wait until 2016.

Go Team Obama and Go America!

Go America??!! LMFAO!!! DingleBarry has gone around apologizing for this country for the last two years and taking swipes at our nation as a whole and yet you leftist assclowns pretend he never said those things. You need a fuckin rubber room.

Really. I consider myself fairly well informed and although I wish for America that Obama had had some co-operation from the GOP getting more done in jobs and deficit I have never seen him apologize on any of his appearances. You seem pretty adamant about that point. There is no doubt you have video clips of a couple of these apologies since according to you he has been at it steady for two years.

Please provide links to at least two apologies...

Thanks.

I generally agree.

This is all about the economy. Obama is vulnerable on the economy. If Republicans emphasize social issues, they will lose.

Moderates and independents will decide this election, as they usually do.

Also, don't talk about Medicare. Republicans are right in that we have to start talking about it, but it will be a loser in 2012.

You want to know how to beat him? Wait until 2016.

Go Team Obama and Go America!

Go America??!! LMFAO!!! DingleBarry has gone around apologizing for this country for the last two years and taking swipes at our nation as a whole and yet you leftist assclowns pretend he never said those things. You need a fuckin rubber room.

Really. I consider myself fairly well informed and although I wish for America that Obama had had some co-operation from the GOP getting more done in jobs and deficit I have never seen him apologize on any of his appearances. You seem pretty adamant about that point. There is no doubt you have video clips of a couple of these apologies since according to you he has been at it steady for two years.

Thanks.

Here's a list with sources. Shouldn't be hard to come up with the quotations in context:

As compiled by Dr. Gardiner and Ms. Roach the following is the list of the 10 most significant apologies by the President of the United States in his first four months of office, as they relate to foreign policy and national security issues.

1. Apology to France and Europe ("America Has Shown Arrogance")
Speech by President Obama, Rhenus Sports Arena, Strasbourg, France, April 3, 2009.

2. Apology to the Muslim World ("We Have Not Been Perfect")
President Obama, interview with Al Arabiya, January 27, 2009

3. Apology to the Summit of the Americas ("At Times We Sought to Dictate Our Terms")
President Obama, address to the Summit of the Americas opening ceremony, Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, April 17, 2009

4. Apology at the G-20 Summit of World Leaders ("Some Restoration of America's Standing in the World")
News conference by President Obama, ExCel Center, London, United Kingdom, April 2, 2009

5. Apology for the War on Terror ("We Went off Course")
President Obama, speech at the National Archives, Washington, D.C., May 21, 2009

6. Apology for Guantanamo in France ("Sacrificing Your Values")
Speech by President Obama, Rhenus Sports Arena, Strasbourg, France, April 3, 2009

7. Apology before the Turkish Parliament ("Our Own Darker Periods in Our History")
Speech by President Obama to the Turkish Parliament, Ankara, Turkey, April 6, 2009

8. Apology for U.S. Policy toward the Americas ("The United States Has Not Pursued and Sustained Engagement with Our Neighbors")

9. Apology for the Mistakes of the CIA ("Potentially We've Made Some Mistakes")
Remarks by the President to CIA employees, CIA Headquarters, Langley, Virginia, April 20, 2009. The remarks followed the controversial decision to release Office of Legal Counsel memoranda detailing CIA enhanced interrogation techniques used against terrorist suspects.

10. Apology for Guantanamo in Washington ("A Rallying Cry for Our Enemies")
President Obama, speech at the National Archives, Washington, D.C., May 21, 2009

POLITICAL POLICY: Barack Obama's 'Apologize for America Tour' Top 10 Apologies: How the President Has Humiliated a Superpower

Thanks.

Here's a list with sources. Shouldn't be hard to come up with the quotations in context:

As compiled by Dr. Gardiner and Ms. Roach the following is the list of the 10 most significant apologies by the President of the United States in his first four months of office, as they relate to foreign policy and national security issues.

Speech by President Obama, Rhenus Sports Arena, Strasbourg, France, April 3, 2009.

3. Apology to the Summit of the Americas ("At Times We Sought to Dictate Our Terms")
President Obama, address to the Summit of the Americas opening ceremony, Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, April 17, 2009

4. Apology at the G-20 Summit of World Leaders ("Some Restoration of America's Standing in the World")
News conference by President Obama, ExCel Center, London, United Kingdom, April 2, 2009

Speech by President Obama, Rhenus Sports Arena, Strasbourg, France, April 3, 2009

7. Apology before the Turkish Parliament ("Our Own Darker Periods in Our History")
Speech by President Obama to the Turkish Parliament, Ankara, Turkey, April 6, 2009

8. Apology for U.S. Policy toward the Americas ("The United States Has Not Pursued and Sustained Engagement with Our Neighbors")

Remarks by the President to CIA employees, CIA Headquarters, Langley, Virginia, April 20, 2009. The remarks followed the controversial decision to release Office of Legal Counsel memoranda detailing CIA enhanced interrogation techniques used against terrorist suspects.

POLITICAL POLICY: Barack Obama's 'Apologize for America Tour' Top 10 Apologies: How the President Has Humiliated a Superpower

References like that are not apologies. An apology usually starts out with.."I apologize....Blah... Blah..."

It might hurt your feelings to be reminded that we have not always used the best judgement internationally.. But I was thinking more along the lines of an official apology where Obama actually apologized to someone.

An example might be like if we accidentally shot down a passenger airliner...The president might very well go on TV and apologize for the incident.

I guess he could have apologized to the Pakistanis for going into their country and killing Bin Ladin.. Nope...didn't do that.

I don't see being candid about how we could have done things better is an apology.

Thanks.

References like that are not apologies. An apology usually starts out with.."I apologize....Blah... Blah..."

It might hurt your feelings to be reminded that we have not always used the best judgement internationally.. But I was thinking more along the lines of an official apology where Obama actually apologized to someone.

An example might be like if we accidentally shot down a passenger airliner...The president might very well go on TV and apologize for the incident.

I guess he could have apologized to the Pakistanis for going into their country and killing Bin Ladin.. Nope...didn't do that.

I don't see being candid about how we could have done things better is an apology.

So forst you dispute what he writes. Then when presented with evidence you insist on your own definition of apology.
You are an ignorant moron of the very highest caliber. No wonder you are into jew-hating as well.

So forst you dispute what he writes. Then when presented with evidence you insist on your own definition of apology.
You are an ignorant moron of the very highest caliber. No wonder you are into jew-hating as well.

It is you who should be apologizing for supporting rude Jew assholes.

apology Websters definition:

"apol·o·gy
noun \ə-ˈpä-lə-jē\
plural apol·o·gies
Definition of APOLOGY
a : a formal justification : defense b : excuse 2a
: an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret <a public apology>
: a poor substitute : makeshift
See apology defined for English-language learners »
See apology defined for kids »
Examples of APOLOGY

The company issued an official apology to its customers for its error.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for any problems we may have caused.
He made a public apology for his controversial remarks.
He refused to accept my apology.
We received a letter of apology from the company.
I made my apologies and left."

I don't believe anything Obama has said according to the "list" provided meets the definition of an apology.

Generally an apology does begin with "I apologize" or "I'm Sorry".

Unless something has changed or we are using Conservative Logic. ( Conservative logic..oh goes..what an oxymoron. :lol: )

Who is that republican?

Thanks.

I would agree that if he didn't use the exact words "I apologize" then we can't call those statements apologies - IF - the same standard for precise speech was used with anybody you don't like. For instance if I say that I admire and appreciate Huggy, would it be safe to conclude that I like Huggy? Or do I have to say the exact words in order to communicate that I like Huggy?

When Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurmond on his 100th birthday by saying in effect that he should have won his presidential bid, Lott lost his Senate Majority seat because his opponents concluded that he was praising Thurmond as a segregationist. When George W. Bush argued that his proposed immigration policy did not include amnesty but his argument was for policies that would have effectively provided amnesty, it was safe to say that President Bush was proposing amnesty.

I could go on and on and on with such examples. Some valid. Some not. But interpretation of a person's words has been allowed for everybody else.

In my opinion Obama was apologizing for his country in those remarks or at the very least diminishing it in the eyes of his listeners.

Who is that republican?

I don't even want to name my choices, because I don't feel like arguing with people about them. Suffice to say Both of them have stated they do not intend to run.

When Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurmond on his 100th birthday by saying in effect that he should have won his presidential bid, Lott lost his Senate Majority seat because his opponents concluded that he was praising Thurmond as a segregationist.

You know, I tend to think a lot of oversensitive folks waste a lot of time trying to overanalyze relatively innocuous words. But this instance is not an example of it.

Praising the Dixiecrat candidate, a guy who ran for president only because the southern racists felt the need to walk out of the Democratic convention over a civil rights plank so they could offer a clear segregationist option in the general election, by saying we "we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years" if he had been elected is not defensible. There is no innocuous interpretation of those words, other than sheer idiocy on the part of the speaker.

Generally an apology does begin with "I apologize" or "I'm Sorry".

Unless something has changed or we are using Conservative Logic. ( Conservative logic..oh goes..what an oxymoron. :lol: )

I've said that you are grossly ignorant and ill informed with views that come from kindergarten kommies.
I was wrong about that.

Oh wait a minute, no I wasn't.
Hope you enjoyed your apology.

I would agree that if he didn't use the exact words "I apologize" then we can't call those statements apologies - IF - the same standard for precise speech was used with anybody you don't like. For instance if I say that I admire and appreciate Huggy, would it be safe to conclude that I like Huggy? Or do I have to say the exact words in order to communicate that I like Huggy?

When Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurmond on his 100th birthday by saying in effect that he should have won his presidential bid, Lott lost his Senate Majority seat because his opponents concluded that he was praising Thurmond as a segregationist. When George W. Bush argued that his proposed immigration policy did not include amnesty but his argument was for policies that would have effectively provided amnesty, it was safe to say that President Bush was proposing amnesty.

I could go on and on and on with such examples. Some valid. Some not. But interpretation of a person's words has been allowed for everybody else.

In my opinion Obama was apologizing for his country in those remarks or at the very least diminishing it in the eyes of his listeners.

Many people believe Obama is diminishing the United States by being a half black occupant of the White House. There is nothing he has, can or will say that will not be construed as an insult to our country.

I know..this is the funny part..I AM A REPUBLICAN. John Kennedy was the most dangerous and reckless president we ever had. He attended meetings with Kruscheiv under the influence of methamphetamine and pain killer for his TRULY weak back and caused ol Nikita to believe we as a people were weak. Now THERE is a example of bad and weak diplomacy. I haven't seen Obama act weak.

I guess it IS all in how one looks at it. I tend to support our country at all times unless I see something that is actually bad.

Some...saw the president of the United States being cut off in an important toast to the Queen of England by a stupid band leader as a foo paw on his part because they are constantly looking for reasons for him to fail. I guess it just depends on what ones bias is and who's side you are actually on.

Many people believe Obama is diminishing the United States by being a half black occupant of the White House. There is nothing he has, can or will say that will not be construed as an insult to our country.

I know..this is the funny part..I AM A REPUBLICAN. John Kennedy was the most dangerous and reckless president we ever had. He attended meetings with Kruscheiv under the influence of methamphetamine and pain killer for his TRULY weak back and caused ol Nikita to believe we as a people were weak. Now THERE is a example of bad and weak diplomacy. I haven't seen Obama act weak.

I guess it IS all in how one looks at it. I tend to support our country at all times unless I see something that is actually bad.

Some...saw the president of the United States being cut off in an important toast to the Queen of England by a stupid band leader as a foo paw on his part because they are constantly looking for reasons for him to fail. I guess it just depends on what ones bias is and who's side you are actually on.

Anybody who thinks Obama is a discredit to anything because he is black is a racist or ignorant beyond belief.

While I have fun with Obama's many gaffes and misspeaks, I do not accuse him of anything more than gaffes and misspeaks and have fun with it in the same way I have fun with VP Biden or President Bush or VP Quayles infamous misspeaks. The incident with the band was the band leader's gaffe; however, President Obama does sometimes go on and on passing many good opportunities to stop, so I can also forgive the band leader.

We are all subject to human failings at whatever status we might find ourselves and gracious people look beyond the occasional misstep for the broader view of people. I don't sum up all President Obama is in those ten incidents.

But in the cases I cited, considering the context, tone, and what I know of the man, I did and do see President Obama apologizing or taking digs at his country in order to gain favor and prestige with foreign dignitaries or people. I saw that as unprecedented, unpresidential and not worthy of the chosen leader of our nation.

I'd make Obama run on his record, you know:

50,000,000 unemployed
$14,000,000,000,000 debt
$1,200,000,000,000 deficits
$4 gas
Bailouts
3 wars

And don't let him get away with the lame "it would have been so much worse if not for me" approach.

This is all about the economy. Obama is vulnerable on the economy.

Perhaps, but that opens the GOP nominee to an economy counter-attack, given the fact it was failed, disastrous conservative/republican fiscal policy that brought about the economic collapse to begin with.

And there’s no indication after all this time the GOP will switch tactics from attacking Obama personally to addressing substantive issues (most likely because they lose on the issues, the Ryan Debacle being the best example).

Forum List

Back