How to beat Obama.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Charles_Main, May 29, 2011.

1. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Ok Republicans and Conservatives.

This is how you beat Obama. It is rather simple.

Contrast. Don't get hung up on Social Conservatism. Nominate a no nonsense Fiscal Conservative who is a stark contrast to Obama and you will walk in.

Nominate a wishy washy middle of the road Moderate to liberal Republican and you will lose. Period.

Don't let the Dems and the Liberal Press anoint our Candidate. Don't try and pick the Candidate the Dems and Liberal Press like the most. Pick the ones they hate. They hate them for a reason. They know they can beat Obama.

That said, I must restate. PLEASE do not make this Election about Social Conservative Issues! That's a loser. Push Social issues to much, and you will lose the middle, which will vote for you if you talk about fiscal Conservatism and limited Power, but are gonna bail as soon as you start talking Religious right BS.

By my Standards my top 2 Choices to beat Obama, are so far, not even planning to run. :(

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    The fatal flaw in your plan.

A significant number of the social right are in the TPM, and they’re not going to be happy in the back seat. That goes for the Bible Belt republicans and the Old Bush Base as well – why do you think McCain selected Palin in 2008?

3. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,945
    It's funny, I've seen social conservatives starting threads on how the only way to beat Obama is to stress social issues.

A candidate who doesn't campaign on social issues won't win the Republican primary.

4. lehr

lehr Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    the only reason this kid is in that oval office is because of rino mc cain !

5. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    Might I suggest Paul Ryan? Please?

6. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Those Conservatives are out of their minds. Stressing Social Issues will lose you the Independents a moderates. It is exactly the opposite of what you need to beat Obama. It is however somewhat important to win the Nomination. Catch 22.

Really? How do you explain McCain then? I don't think there is any reason a Socially Moderate, Fiscally Conservative Republican, who stresses the need to reign Federal power, and spending in order to avoid Disaster could win the Republican Primary no problem, and would have the best shot of Defeating Obama.

7. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Not sure if you really like Ryan, or just think Obama could beat him easily and that's why you said it. I think Ryan is a clear example of a serious problem we have as Americans. We almost all seem to recognize a serious Financial Problem with Debt, yet we still react with utter horror when ever someone proposes any kind of Reform, or Change to our Entitlements. We are all aware the are unsustainable as is, yet seem unwilling to even allow discussion of how to fix it.

I respect Ryan, and think he would have made a good candidate. However I think the Rhetoric around his plan to reform Medicare have ruined him as a candidate. Fairly or not.

Personally I think he showed great leadership, and balls. Being willing to jump on the 3rd Rail in order to at least get the discussion going on what to do about Medicare and SS Reform.

8. Big Hoss

Big Hoss BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    How to beat Obama? Don't let idiots vote. :)

9. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    You dummies just don't get it. If almost anyone but Sarah Palin was on the ticket McCain could have won. It would have at least been close. But you people are so stupid you don't understand that Sarah cost the GOP the election. If you take away the votes Obama got from republicans that refused to vote GOP because of Sarah you would be very surprised.

10. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    so you're saying Palin will be the nominee..