How to address youth unemployment

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
This is how I would address youth unemployment.

A big problem for the youth of today, is that Generation Y (the youngest working age citizens) are a large generation with vast numbers of people...

And so is the Baby boomers, who are now well past their working years, plenty of them are now in their 70s and still working, past retirement... hogging up the job market.

That needs to come to an end, in my opinion.

There are laws against child labor, there should also be a law against Elderly labor too.

When a person reaches age 65... that person's working years should be declared over, and be required to retire from the workforce, under court order (if necessary).

And if the court has to force a person to retire, they don't get their retirement benefits either, on top of not being allowed to work.

And businesses should be fined $5,000 a day, for each day that a person over the age of 65 is working past retirement... to make it utterly uneconomical to hire elderly people.

That would open up the market for working age people.

Experience has its place, and so does the job market, and opportunity, and modernity and change with the times.

Last edited:

A big problem for the youth of today, is that Generation Y (the youngest working age citizens) are a large generation with vast numbers of people...

And so is the Baby boomers, who are now well past their working years, plenty of them are now in their 70s and still working, past retirement... hogging up the job market.

There are laws against child labor, there should also be a law against Elderly labor too.

When a person reaches age 65... that person's working years should be declared over, and be required to retire from the workforce, under court order (if necessary).

And if the court has to force a person to retire, they don't get their retirement benefits either, on top of not being allowed to work.

And businesses should be fined $5,000 a day, for each day that a person over the age of 65 is working past retirement... to make it utterly uneconomical to hire elderly people.

Experience has its place, and so does the job market, and opportunity, and modernity and change with the times.

:cuckoo:

I don't think that's helpful at all. I think a lot of people above 65 have a lot more to contribute. The big problem is that there's already a bias against older workers in the workforce. IT's a lot harder to get a job at 55 than it is at 30.

Here's the real problem, though. We had a happy day of nearly complete employment in the Clinton Years. And the wealthy hated it. They just hated sharing money with the people who were doing the work. So their boy Bush fucked that one up pretty quickly.

Here's the real problem, though. We had a happy day of nearly complete employment in the Clinton Years. And the wealthy hated it. They just hated sharing money with the people who were doing the work. So their boy Bush fucked that one up pretty quickly.

Oh this is going to be good. Please, do explain. How did Bush "fuck up" the unemployment levels coming out of the Clinton administration?

Are you Okay?

• Banned
Or an employer could decide whom to hire on its own without some mindless civil servants fascist required wish list ...

The same old Somalia free market idea that doesn't work.
Nothing makes businesses serve the country, but the government, and businesses must serve the country, period.

Pssst... Hey, dumbass... The youngest of the "baby boomers" just turned fifty... That is not "well past their working years."

That would be the youngest of them... dumbass... and 50 is nearer the end, than the beginning by far.
:)

CCC

It worked once.

It can work again.

Though today's youth won't, probably not even at gunpoint.
Who needs the CCC when we gots Obama? :dunno:

food-2.jpg

Pssst... Hey, dumbass... The youngest of the "baby boomers" just turned fifty... That is not "well past their working years."

That would be the youngest of them... dumbass... and 50 is nearer the end, than the beginning by far.

You see, here's the problem... You said, and I quote, "...the Baby boomers, who are now well past their working years..." You did not make any distinction between the oldest or youngest baby boomers, you made an all encompassing statement. A statement that is not true, a statement that leads me to believe that you don't have the first clue about that which you speak.

Needles to say, this isn't the first time you have posted something that has left me thinking you are an ignoramus...

You see, here's the problem... You said, and I quote, "...the Baby boomers, who are now well past their working years..." You did not make any distinction between the oldest or youngest baby boomers, you made an all encompassing statement. A statement that is not true, a statement that leads me to believe that you don't have the first clue about that which you speak.

Needles to say, this isn't the first time you have posted something that has left me thinking you are an ignoramus...

You can think whatever the fuck you want, and try anything to twist the facts, to suit your right wing bullshit.

And that is exactly what the fuck I said, so whats your problem ?

well I have news for you.

Fuck you.

If you could think you wouldn't be a right wing dickhead.

You can think whatever the fuck you want, and try anything to twist the facts, to suit your right wing bullshit.

And that is exactly what the fuck I said, so whats your problem ?

well I have news for you.

Fuck you.

If you could think you wouldn't be a right wing dickhead.

You're funny...

Further proof you're an ignoramus? I am nowhere close to right wing. Just ask around...

But you keep trying, scooter, you just might make it someday...

Forum List

Back