How the Tea Party is Killing the Republican Party

No matter who created the Tea Party or for what purpose, those who vowed to put governing aside for a time in order to devote their full attention to defeating Obama in the next election empowered those people in the hopes that they could make the outrageous and offensive accusations to humiliate Obama without any of the mud slinging back onto them.

Now that little monster they created is biting them in the butt.

I don't feel sorry for them a bit. But I do want a GOP that is a viable alternative. We NEED a viable second (and even third) party. We do not need to just hand over the entire government to one party.

I was honestly planning to vote for a moderate republican candidate this year, but wow. I really couldn't in good conscience vote for a party who basically tramples the moderates of their own party.

Yes. I voted for McCain last time around. Frankly, I never did figure out what Romney stood for since half the time his staff had to come back and explain that what he said was not what he meant. The Republican party needs to come back to a rational position. Perhaps this will jolt them back to reality, though with all of the idiotic excuses I am hearing now I am not all that hopeful.

I would have voted for McCain if he had still been the same man he was in 2000. But he spent 8 years pandering to the far right to the point I just couldn't pull the lever on him.

I'm with you in the hopes that the wake-up call gets answered. And I think it will be. The rational voices of the G.O.P. are starting to speak up. I don't think the far right will go down without a fight, but I think they are going down.

Maybe it didn't start out that way, but the tea party is a bought and paid for adjunct of the GOP no less so than the Young Republicans.

Those whose number one priority was to make sure Obama was a one-term president figured out very quickly that they could use these people - who they viewed as "useful idiots" - to sling their long-form, muslim, communist mud without any of the backlash coming back to haunt them.

But, it IS coming back to haunt them.

you should look in a mirror and see who is being used and a useful idiot..

Ahhh the always devastating "I know you are but what am I" defense.

Those whose number one priority was to make sure Obama was a one-term president figured out very quickly that they could use these people - who they viewed as "useful idiots" - to sling their long-form, muslim, communist mud without any of the backlash coming back to haunt them.

But, it IS coming back to haunt them.

you should look in a mirror and see who is being used and a useful idiot..

Ahhh the always devastating "I know you are but what am I" defense.

ah, but mine are the truth about you..you have all the talking points down, nothing else

Sorry steph - I have the numbers and the evidence - all posted throughout here - all you have is a lame swipe.

OH REALLY?

your post:
Those whose number one priority was to make sure Obama was a one-term president figured out very quickly that they could use these people - who they viewed as "useful idiots"

You my Little dears here are also viewed as useful idiots by the party of your choice, so don't think otherwise..

I was honestly planning to vote for a moderate republican candidate this year, but wow. I really couldn't in good conscience vote for a party who basically tramples the moderates of their own party.

Yes. I voted for McCain last time around. Frankly, I never did figure out what Romney stood for since half the time his staff had to come back and explain that what he said was not what he meant. The Republican party needs to come back to a rational position. Perhaps this will jolt them back to reality, though with all of the idiotic excuses I am hearing now I am not all that hopeful.

I would have voted for McCain if he had still been the same man he was in 2000. But he spent 8 years pandering to the far right to the point I just couldn't pull the lever on him.

I'm with you in the hopes that the wake-up call gets answered. And I think it will be. The rational voices of the G.O.P. are starting to speak up. I don't think the far right will go down without a fight, but I think they are going down.

I can't really argue with that. However, there were some serious problems happening at the time and I did not think Obama had the experience to deal with them. I knew he promise to bring us all together and bring about change was utterly unrealistic. I simply saw no substance to him. If I had to do it over again, I would still probably vote for McCain. However, Obama did much better than I thought he would.

I can't really argue with that. However, there were some serious problems happening at the time and I did not think Obama had the experience to deal with them. I knew he promise to bring us all together and bring about change was utterly unrealistic. I simply saw no substance to him. If I had to do it over again, I would still probably vote for McCain. However, Obama did much better than I thought he would.

I can respect that. And I sincerely hope the GOP can offer up a candidate without forcing him or her to kiss far-right butt.

Sorry steph - I have the numbers and the evidence - all posted throughout here - all you have is a lame swipe.

OH REALLY?

your post:
Those whose number one priority was to make sure Obama was a one-term president figured out very quickly that they could use these people - who they viewed as "useful idiots"

You my Little dears here are also viewed as useful idiots by the party of your choice, so don't think otherwise..

I don't belong to a political party. I used to belong to the Republican Party - but their hard right turn drove me off. Now, I'll never belong to another political party again.

OH REALLY?

your post:

I don't belong to a political party. I used to belong to the Republican Party - but their hard right turn drove me off. Now, I'll never belong to another political party again.

I don't belong to a political party. I used to support the Democratic Party - but their hard left turn drove me off. Now, I'll never belong to another political party.

Different paths, same destination.

Forum List

Back