How the rich get richer

And what's wrong with people working harder and making more money? Would you prefer everyone stay in poverty? Why? What good does that do?

What is wrong is that American workers are among the most productive workers on the planet. They have been asked to work longer hours for less compensation and fewer benefits.

The increase in worker productivity has resulted in increased profits for the business owners with a lower standard of living for the workers.

Total left wing nonsense. From beginning to end.
No doughnut for you, sewer worker.

And what's wrong with people working harder and making more money? Would you prefer everyone stay in poverty? Why? What good does that do?

What is wrong is that American workers are among the most productive workers on the planet. They have been asked to work longer hours for less compensation and fewer benefits.

The increase in worker productivity has resulted in increased profits for the business owners with a lower standard of living for the workers.

Interesting response

Dismissive, condescending, name calling.....but no valid rebuttal

Typical Rabbi post............ FAIL

Interesting response

Dismissive, condescending, name calling.....but no valid rebuttal

Typical Rabbi post............ FAIL

Exactly what your fact-free wrong headed post deserved.
Fail.

Take it up with your bought and paid for president.

Goldman Sachs $994,795

Citigroup Inc $701,290

JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132

UBS AG $543,219

Morgan Stanley $514,881

He voted for the bailouts and never raised a question about executive pay until it became a political liability.

I never said I agreed with those bailout payments Obama pushed and I never agreed with it when Bush did it earlier, the difference between the two is that Obama didn't want to make those payments if the same people who caused the collapse of the companies were still going to be in charge.

He voted for the bailouts and never raised a question about executive pay until it became a political liability.

By what Constitutional authority does he get to fire people?

Typical leftist class envy warfare piece.
Suddenly taking less of someone's money is corporate welfare.
"The rich" are not a static group. People rise up into the ranks of the rich and fall from it quite regularly.
Total claptrap. Next.

This nation which claims to be the most free, and the one offering the greatest social opportunity also happens to be the one with the LEAST upward social/economic mobility in the modern industrialized world.

Of course, I can understand that if one started out on third-base and then gets walked home, I guess it must be extremely satisfying to think tell oneself that one is a home run hitter.

Last edited:
Of course this nation which claims to be the most free, and the one offering the greatest social opportunity also happens to be the one with the LEAST upward socia/economicl mobility in the modern industrialized world.

Of course, if one starts on third and then gets walked home, I guess it must be satisfying to think tell oneself that one is a home run hitter.

I call Shenanigans.

Please provide credible research that shows that the U.S. has the least upward social/economic mobility in the modern industrialized world.

Would you believe it if I provided it?

No?

How about if I put it in RED in very large typeface?

Thanks for admitting that you can't provide it.

If you could, you would.

"The rich" are not a static group. People rise up into the ranks of the rich and fall from it quite regularly.
Total claptrap. Next.

This nation which claims to be the most free, and the one offering the greatest social opportunity also happens to be the one with the LEAST upward social/economic mobility in the modern industrialized world.

Of course, I can understand that if one started out on third-base and then gets walked home, I guess it must be extremely satisfying to think tell oneself that one is a home run hitter.

Fallacy #1: We don't claim to be the most free.
freedomhouse.org: Country Report
We are certainly among the most free though.
Fallacy #2: We don't offer the greatest social opportunity. I guess someone better tell all those immigrants coming here from India, China, Europe, and other places that they're better off in, say, North Korea.
Lack of substantiation for assertion. Lack of any evidence. Fanciful anti-Americanism. Total FAIL.

Wingnuts from the right have trolled my thread, its time they need a reality check. How can any rightie claim that its unfair that their taxes from their hard earned work is being unfairly given to the poor whom they presume to not as hard working and yet turn a blind eye to the rich who shift a larger part of the tax burden onto the middle class[which constitutes the majority of Americans] when they use loopholes?

Wingnuts from the right have trolled my thread, its time they need a reality check. How can any rightie claim that its unfair that their taxes from their hard earned work is being unfairly given to the poor whom they presume to not as hard working and yet turn a blind eye to the rich who shift a larger part of the tax burden onto the middle class[which constitutes the majority of Americans] when they use loopholes?

This is a have you stopped beating your wife yet type of question.

I don't agree with your premise that it's the goverment's role to reallocate income (or wealth) from one person to another, regardless of their income (or wealth) levels.

You presume an awful lot Charlie. The Right or Conservative are in every tax bracket. It is the Government that make the rules, not business. The loop holes are under Government control. Stop confusing the roles, put Your faith back in God where it belongs, Bass Man, and stop confusing Government Mandates with "On High".

This is a have you stopped beating your wife yet type of question.

I don't agree with your premise that it's the goverment's role to reallocate income (or wealth) from one person to another, regardless of their income (or wealth) levels.

I'm not advocating government control, I'm against the middle and lower classes bearing the tax burden and accumulating less wealth while the rich shift the tax burden onto the lower and middle classes through loopholes siphon the majority of the wealth despite them being a small part of the population.

I am *NOT* for raising taxes for the reasons I listed above because it will only lead to lower and middle classes losing more wealth and having a bigger tax burden.

I never said I agreed with those bailout payments Obama pushed and I never agreed with it when Bush did it earlier, the difference between the two is that Obama didn't want to make those payments if the same people who caused the collapse of the companies were still going to be in charge.

Bullshit. The ONLY person he was against was ONE CEO. Which by the way, is none of his business. The President has no authority to fire Private Companies personnel. And the Bail outs did not give him that authority.
Bullshit.
The fucking CEO would be standing in a Walmart parking lot looking for a job he isn't capable of doing.
If I bail a motherfucker out I make the rules

Yes, but you are not Congress and you are not restrained by the enumerated powers.

You presume an awful lot Charlie. The Right or Conservative are in every tax bracket. It is the Government that make the rules, not business. The loop holes are under Government control. Stop confusing the roles, put Your faith back in God where it belongs, Bass Man, and stop confusing Government Mandates with "On High".

The government and congress need to shut those loopholes and make the rich own up to their part of the tax burden instead of having it shifted on the lower and middle classes. Contrary to popular belief and misperceptions, the money of the rich and middle class is *NOT* being given to lazy people as handouts, the money of the rich mostly stays with them and the money of the middle and lower working classes are mostly used to level the tax burden that the rich is supposed to take but get out of. Do you think its fair for you to burden somebody else's taxes?

I'm not advocating government control, I'm against the middle and lower classes bearing the tax burden and accumulating less wealth while the rich shift the tax burden onto the lower and middle classes through loopholes siphon the majority of the wealth despite them being a small part of the population.

I am *NOT* for raising taxes for the reasons I listed above because it will only lead to lower and middle classes losing more wealth and having a bigger tax burden.

They don't. The higher income levels bear a disproportionate share of federal taxes, even after taking advantage of the provisions in the tax code passed by Congress.

Total claptrap. Next.

File that away with having to pay for a tax cut. The concept of reducing spending never seems to take root in the leftist brain.

Charlie, From where I sit, the poor get hit hardest on, usage fee's, surcharges, sales taxes, hidden taxes, the cost of goods and services, effected by out of control Government spending. The richer get hit by income taxes way more than the poor. Those that don't know how to legally beat the taxes, that is. It is not the rich that get snagged Bass Man, but the middle class and the lower middle working, securing the divide between rich and poor. Sorry Charlie :):):). It's Orwellian. The Property of the Rich is secure, protected by the State, even to the extent that They, not Us, get reimbursed no matter how incompetent or irresponsible They act. Study Andrew Cuomo and His history with Fannie and Freddie? Who brought the zero interest loans before the crash?

Forum List

Back