How Specifically has al Qaeda "Distorted and Defiled Islam"?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by mal, Dec 4, 2009.

1. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    "As we know, these men belonged to al Qaeda – a group of extremists who have distorted and defiled Islam, one of the world’s great religions, to justify the slaughter of innocents." - President Obama @ Westpoint

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | President Obama's Address to the Nation on Afghanistan

^That is a Common Tune from those who want to Ignore the Consistent Bloodshed, Targeting of Women and Children in Battle, the Oppression and Murder of Minority Groups, and the Execution of "Infidels" Worldwide when they are Excusing what Islam has Done and Continues to do almost EVERY Day around the Globe...

But I want to Know, how has al Qaeda "Distorted and Defiled Islam".

I want Specifc Passages that either Support al Qaeda and other "Militant" Group's "Jihad", or I want Passages that Denounce what they are doing.

:)

peace...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Passages?

3. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    Really?... :lol:

Islam is Based on a Book, Correct?...

An Example of that Word I Used:

Passages from the Qur'an

peace...

4. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    x... You Figure out the Meaning of that Word yet?... :lol:

peace...

5. Charles Stucker

Charles Stucker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +225
    They haven't won yet.

6. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    Keyword: Yet. ;)

peace...

7. Charles Stucker

Charles Stucker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +225
    The terrorists won't win until they change their tactics. Big attacks are the antithesis of guerrilla tactics necessary for terrorists to prosper. The egos of Al Qaeda's leaders prevents them using the proper sort of attacks to defeat the US.

8. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    We will begin here.

Whoever goes aright, for his own soul does he go aright; and whoever goes astray, to its detriment only does he go astray. And no bearer of a burden can bear the burden of another. Nor do We chastise until We raise a messenger. - 17:15

Narrated 'Abdullah: During some of the battles of the Prophet a woman was found killed. Allah's Apostle disapproved the killing of women and children. - Sahih Bukhari, "Jihad", no. 257

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: During some of the battles of Allah's Apostle a woman was found killed, so Allah's Apostle forbade the killing of women and children. - Sahih Bukhari, "Jihad", no. 258

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that a woman was found killed in one of the battles fought by the Messenger of Allah. He disapproved of the killing of women and children. - Sahih Muslim, "Jihad w'as-Siyar", no. 4319

It is narrated by Ibn 'Umar that a woman was found killed in one of these battles; so the Messenger of Allah forbade the killing of women and children. - Sahih Muslim, "Jihad w'as-Siyar", no. 4320

Narrated Anas ibn Malik: The Prophet said: "Go in Allah's name, trusting in Allah, and adhering to the religion of Allah's Apostle. Do not kill a decrepit old man, or a young infant, or a child, or a woman; do not be dishonest about plunder, but collect your gains, do right, and act well, for Allah loves those who do good." - Sunan Abu Dawud, "Jihad", no. 2608

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab that a son of Kab ibn Malik (Malik believed that ibn Shihab said it was Abd ar-Rahman ibn Kab) said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, forbade those who fought ibn Abi Huqayq to kill women and children. He said that one of the men fighting had said, 'The wife of ibn Abi Huqayq began screaming and I repeatedly raised my sword against her. Then I would remember the prohibition of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, so I would stop. Had it not been for that, we would have been rid of her.' " - Malik's Muwatta, "Jihad", no. 3.8

Yahya related to me from Malik from Nafi from Ibn Umar that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, saw the corpse of a woman who had been slain in one of the raids, and he disapproved of it and forbade the killing of women and children. - Malik's Muwatta, "Jihad", no. 3.9

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that Abu Bakr as-Siddiq was sending armies to ash-Sham. He went for a walk with Yazid ibn Abi Sufyan who was the commander of one of the battalions. It is claimed that Yazid said to Abu Bakr, "Will you ride or shall I get down?" Abu Bakr said, "I will not ride and you will not get down. I intend these steps of mine to be in the way of Allah." Then Abu Bakr advised Yazid, "You will find a people who claim to have totally given themselves to Allah. Leave them to what they claim to have given themselves. You will find a people who have shaved the middle of their heads, strike what they have shaved with the sword. "I advise you ten things: Do not kill women or children or an aged, infirm person. Do not cut down fruit-bearing trees. Do not destroy an inhabited place. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly." - Malik's Muwatta, "Jihad", no. 3.10 ​

9. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    We end here

While the Shafi'ee's agreed that while, this is the general rule or guideline for war, there are special cases and situations, as is proven by the following hadeeth. As Sab Ibn Juthamah said:

"The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam) was asked about attacking the Mushrikeen at night time, where women and children get hit (un-intentionally). He (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam) replied:

"They are from them. (i.e. the attack should not be stopped because of the presence of women and children.)" [Narrated by Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, At Tirmidhee etc.]

Another hadeeth supports this opinion; At Tirmidhee narrates:

"The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam) used Minjaneek (Mangonel ballista) to bombard the people of At Taa'if."

(And it is known that the people of the city of At Taa'if had all their families with them inside their castles.)

As well, a third hadeeth supports this argument. Salmah Ibn Al Akwa said:

"We attacked Houzan (tribe) at night time with Abu Bakr As Siddiq, after the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam) assigned him as the Ameer for this attack." [Narrated by Ahmad and Abu Dawood].

The above two attacks, i.e. that of At Taa'if and Houzan, were towards the end of the Prophet's (salallaahu 'alayhee wa sallam) life. (So it can not be said that this rule is invalid and was replaced by a different ruling, as some might argue).

10. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    We end here

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 256:
    Narrated As-Sab bin Jaththama:
    The Prophet passed by me at a place called Al-Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet
    6 Master Minds of Terror, p.36
    7 Hughes Dictionary of Islam, p.139
    8 Dashti, p.86
    9Hughes Dictionary of Islam, p.139
    The Root of Terrorism a la Islamic Style 16
    replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." I also heard the Prophet saying, "The institution of Hima is invalid except for Allah and His Apostle."
    This Hadith clearly says that in his terror operations Muhammad did not even want to spare the women and children of the infidels.

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 256:
    Narrated As-Sab bin Jaththama:
    The Prophet passed by me at a place called Al-Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet
    6 Master Minds of Terror, p.36
    7 Hughes Dictionary of Islam, p.139
    8 Dashti, p.86
    9Hughes Dictionary of Islam, p.139
    The Root of Terrorism a la Islamic Style 16
    replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." I also heard the Prophet saying, "The institution of Hima is invalid except for Allah and His Apostle."
    This Hadith clearly says that in his terror operations Muhammad did not even want to spare the women and children of the infidels.