Zone1 How often do you pray?

I do not formally pray anymore.

I have realized to my horror that God/Fate/Destiny/Luck is going to allow certain things to happen to me, and I have no choice but to accept them.

I do however regularly say "Thank you" for any good advice that pops into my mind or any needed help that I receive, but I do not know who the "you" refers to.

As the title asks. Also, what do you pray for? Do you pray while walking etc?
I pray for self-improvement and to give thanks. I pray while walking, driving, in church, while lying in bed.

For me, the best prayer is Contemplative Prayer. This is where I do my best to quiet my mind so that God has time to work within me without distraction. (This follows a line in a hymn: I will come to you in the silence...) And, as I am contemplating God, I am not distracted by my own thoughts and words.

There are probably at least a few hundred prayers being said around the globe at any given moment. I always wonder how they are all kept separate in order to make the decisions for any actions to be taken with regard to each one of them. And of course they just keep coming non-stop 24/7.

Forum List

Back