How much would you raise taxes on the rich if you had the power to do so?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Matthew, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,105
    How much would you raise taxes on the rich if you had the power to do so?

I wouldn't raise it a cent as it doesn't do shit. The rich will do one of two things, 1# Send their businesses over sea's or 2# Pass it onto the consumer!

2. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    Cuba has the lowest income inequality in the world. The Left wants to emulate that economy. It's also very green, with people recycling cars from the 1950s.

3. Freewill

Freewill Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,948
    I think it needs raised for a few reasons. Obama and company has spread such division in the country and such class warfare to the point that something needs done. Of course that falls into exactly what they want done but none the less the howling dogs won't be quiet until more is taken from the economy.

Since the GDP is not growing we need to generate income somewhere and I am tired of Obama being unpatriotic and using the Chinese Credit card. Elections have consequences and the consequence of the last two is that we have a humongous debt to pay off and a huge mess to clean up. I for one don't want to leave it for my grandchildren, so we must suffer now.

Of course most economic studies I have read say that raising taxes will result in fewer private sector jobs. I feel for those people. What may result is even more then the 47 percent not making enough to pay federal income tax.

So let us go over the cliff and roll EVERYTHING back to the Clinton years. No one on the left should have a bitch because as we know it was great during the Clinton years. And it should placate the howling dogs of the liberal left, but somehow I doubt it.

4. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    France raises taxes to 70%. We'll see how well that works. There is no satisfying the left short of total confiscation and firing squads. They're looking at Zimbabwe for ideas.

5. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    If we want to provide more revenue for the federal govt. to waste, it should be on everyones shoulders, not just "the rich". I'd let the "fiscal cliff" materialize.

6. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,660
    It's not really about how much, but rather to show we're serious about attacking the deficit. If we look serious, people feel better. When people feel better, they spend more. When people spend more, more jobs are created to meet demand. When more people have jobs, there's even more money to spend and more taxes to collect to close the deficit. Why do you guys have to be taught the same basic economic lessons over and over again? C'mon, it's ECON 101!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,985
    Yes, we've been beating up on a smaller, weaker country for 50 years, and they refuse to give us the satisfaction of bending over.

There used to be a strategic argument for it, but now it's just pure spite. They told us to get bent, how dare they?

8. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,985
    Of course you would. You are angry at your fellow Americans for not listening to you.

9. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,660
    Seems like you've given up. Why should we care what you think or is this the Leninist ploy of not wanting things to get incrementally better, because you're in it for the revolution?

10. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    :lmao: