How Much Military Is Enough?

Okay a compromise, cut military spending, and welfare spending the same. Put the military cut towards the debt. Put the welfare cut towards educating minorities so more will get off welfare. That in itself will save billions and create more tax payers. The democrats would lose the minority vote, so they will be against it.

:eusa_eh:

We aren't educating minorities?

Just enough to keep them on welfare. Are you against vouchers which could get minority's out of failing schools?

Unless we get the citizens into the budget process making comments about any of this is equivalent to shouting at a mountain that it is in your way.

1 US Representative per 700,0000 citizens..........No way there's going to be citizens involved it the budget process.

You don't suppose someone planned it that way...................?

Can't I get away with at least one illogical statement? :redface:

USMB runs a tight ship.

As you see, everyone's walking on eggshells

Okay a compromise, cut military spending, and welfare spending the same. Put the military cut towards the debt. Put the welfare cut towards educating minorities so more will get off welfare. That in itself will save billions and create more tax payers. The democrats would lose the minority vote, so they will be against it.

We aren't educating minorities?

Just enough to keep them on welfare. Are you against vouchers which could get minority's out of failing schools?

Really?

The percentage of American college students who are Hispanic, Asian/Pacific Islander, and Black has been increasing. From 1976 to 2010, the percentage of Hispanic students rose from 3 percent to 13 percent, the percentage of Asian/Pacific Islander students rose from 2 percent to 6 percent, and the percentage of Black students rose from 9 percent to 14 percent. During the same period, the percentage of White students fell from 83 percent to 61 percent. Race/ethnicity is not reported for nonresident aliens, who made up 2 percent and 3 percent of total enrollment in 1976 and 2010, respectively.

SOURCE: U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics. (2012). Digest of Education Statistics, 2011 (NCES 2012-001), Chapter 3 .

Samson whats the % of minorities on welfare? Obama did stop a voucher system in wahington, then had to reinstate it after the outrage. You never answered my question, are you for school vouchers?

I would cut defense spending in HALF over a ten-year period - but NOT active military personnel or veterans' benefits and would make sure the VA is well-funded to care for veterans.

So the same amount of soldiers with crappier less well maintained equipment, and less munitions in reserve....

Yeah, great idea.

Obama is a traitor.

He will have to live the rest of his life with that.

That gives me comfort ... that he will pay for all the wrongs he has made.

you are a moron

and an embarrassment.

and you are all the contrary? LOL ....:rolleyes: come here .....come and fight like a woman...don't hide under your negative reputations. HUH?

I would cut defense spending in HALF over a ten-year period - but NOT active military personnel or veterans' benefits and would make sure the VA is well-funded to care for veterans.

So the same amount of soldiers with crappier less well maintained equipment, and less munitions in reserve....

Yeah, great idea.

No, not the "same amount of Soldiers" - reread my statement. I'm referring to not cutting their "benefits"...same with veterans... I was not addressing manpower.

I posted this on another thread but I say it again here ....

this is part of it

......Obama wants to diminish America's power to just that of another mediocre country, and stop the US as a super power from defending the world against the very obvious enemies!

Really? What evidence can you show of his INTENT, which is what you're talking about?

Samson whats the % of minorities on welfare? Obama did stop a voucher system in wahington, then had to reinstate it after the outrage. You never answered my question, are you for school vouchers?

If this was a thread about school vouchers, in the Education Forum, then I'd discuss education vouchers.

Otherwise I'm correcting the ignorant remark you made, Put the welfare cut towards educating minorities and not following your red herring.

:eusa_hand:

Return to Stormfront where moronic racist blather isn't challenged.

Yet entitlement spending (not constitutionally charged) is higher than military spending... while military spending should be audited, waste cut, etc.. the entitlement spending must be eliminated

Yeah, great idea.

Um....

How about half the number of personnel, AND less equipment?

Yes I realize we might open ourselves up to Mexican and Canadian Invasion, but its a chance I'm willing to take.

Yet entitlement spending (not constitutionally charged) is higher than military spending... while military spending should be audited, waste cut, etc.. the entitlement spending must be eliminated

Don't include Social Security - because it doesn't cost the government one penny except for interest payments on the government IOU's it holds - just like China and other holders of U.S. debt. Social Security is the largest holder of U.S. debt.

Can I get my SSI and MEDICARE contributions back before you eliminate entitlements?

It would mean a lot.

Don't include Social Security - because it doesn't cost the government one penny except for interest payments on the government IOU's it holds - just like China and other holders of U.S. debt. Social Security is the largest holder of U.S. debt.

Yes... it does.. there is no lock box full of SS funds.. they have been drained and the program costs more than it takes in.... and it needs to be approached too.. to eventually eliminate it, giving people a chance to opt out

Can I get my SSI and MEDICARE contributions back before you eliminate entitlements?

It would mean a lot.

While I would like to hope I would get mine back too.. we simply know that would never happen... that money is long gone... a price to pay for the stupid politicians that have been voted in for years and years

We need to outsource our Progressives to a nation that has: no wealthy people, no guns and no military

How large of a military you want or need depends greatly on the role you want to play in the world and how dangerous the world around you is for myself I would rather have a large military all of which I might not need than have a small military and find out it was not nearly enough.

It would mean a lot.

While I would like to hope I would get mine back too.. we simply know that would never happen... that money is long gone... a price to pay for the stupid politicians that have been voted in for years and years

I don't KNOW anything of the sort.

I expect the US Government to print enough money for all my contributions to be repaid, with interest.

Forum List

Back