How much is your gerocery bill?

Yep....and you can't beat their meat.:D

No matter which cuts, if you take the time and dig through the choice grade section, you can almost always find packages that are as close to prime grade as you can get.....I've actually found prime grade several times, marked at choice price.

And of course, those 5 buck whole rottiserie chickens are always good, and perfect for when you're looking for something to grab and go.

You also can't beat their coffee prices.....12 bucks a pop for a two pound bag of whole bean Starbucks, Newhall Roasting Co, or Peet's just can't be beat.

yep, i love costco meats.

however.... beef is still not cheap. The rib roast and veal were 12.99 a pound. New Yorks are still 12-13 per portion.

Now you will laugh... i made schmaltz... you know stuff that is made out of what is considered scrap.... and the butcher charged me 3.99 a pound. :eek:... But it did make a lovely golden elixir!

I dont get their coffee...i order mine from a small specialty roaster. :tongue:
One of my favorite coffees comes from up there in that basion of lunacy you call home.....It was called Sarkisian's, but is now called Peerless.....It was a lil' roasting company.....My stepdad would travel up there on business once amonth, and always brought some home.....I first tried it when I was about 10 years old, and that's when I started liking coffee......I've found it occasionally down here lately under the Peerless brand in some stores.....It's a hit and miss thing....Looks like they're going regional.

yep, peerless is another old SF coffee company..... but mine goes back farther then that..... :tongue:

Funny thing is, they survived the first earthquake in '06... but the did not survive the next big one... The city condemned the buildings and they had to move to south city. One the things i really like about them is that they will blend anything you want to specks. Now its mail order only.

Freed, Teller & Freed's

:tongue:

I love costco!
Yep....and you can't beat their meat.:D

No matter which cuts, if you take the time and dig through the choice grade section, you can almost always find packages that are as close to prime grade as you can get.....I've actually found prime grade several times, marked at choice price.

And of course, those 5 buck whole rottiserie chickens are always good, and perfect for when you're looking for something to grab and go.

You also can't beat their coffee prices.....12 bucks a pop for a two pound bag of whole bean Starbucks, Newhall Roasting Co, or Peet's just can't be beat.

however.... beef is still not cheap. The rib roast and veal were 12.99 a pound. New Yorks are still 12-13 per portion.

Now you will laugh... i made schmaltz... you know stuff that is made out of what is considered scrap.... and the butcher charged me 3.99 a pound. :eek:... But it did make a lovely golden elixir!

blame the cost of beef on ethanol .

One of my favorite coffees comes from up there in that basion of lunacy you call home.....It was called Sarkisian's, but is now called Peerless.....It was a lil' roasting company.....My stepdad would travel up there on business once amonth, and always brought some home.....I first tried it when I was about 10 years old, and that's when I started liking coffee......I've found it occasionally down here lately under the Peerless brand in some stores.....It's a hit and miss thing....Looks like they're going regional.

yep, peerless is another old SF coffee company..... but mine goes back farther then that..... :tongue:

Funny thing is, they survived the first earthquake in '06... but the did not survive the next big one... The city condemned the buildings and they had to move to south city. One the things i really like about them is that they will blend anything you want to specks. Now its mail order only.

Freed, Teller & Freed's

Cool!......I'm on it. I'll order some up today.....Do they blend for mail order?....I like blending a strong French or Italian roast with a milder house blend and such.

Freed, Teller & Freed's

Cool!......I'm on it. I'll order some up today.....Do they blend for mail order?....I like blending a strong French or Italian roast with a milder house blend and such.

they sure do! Call them them and tell them how you want it blended out.

See.... real coffee houses still do exist!

I don't go to the store just once a week and buy stuff...I stop in every 2 or 3 days........at my home, it's just me and a 13 year old granddaughter.
But taking in consideration toilet tissue, paper towels, shampoos, conditioners, paper plates, Tide Pods (love those things!!)....fabric softener sheets.....cleaning supplies......and then all of our food, I guess I spend about $200 to $250 a month.
But......we eat out more than I cook....so our eating out bill may be somewhat higher than my grocery store bill.

Forum List

Back