How much is a poor persons life worth ?

Well here it is.

The price of a life is £2.

Non flammable panels cost £24 and the flammable ones at Grenfell cost £22. So to make a saving of just £5k the tory run local authority turned the tower into a death trap.

Fire-resistant Grenfell Tower cladding would have cost just £5k more

And now it emerges that these panels are banned in the US.

Cladding used on Grenfell Tower 'was banned in US'

And just to complete the circle the company who installed the cladding are tax dodgers.

Grenfell cladding bosses 'put £2.5m into tax avoidance' | Daily Mail Online

I am numb as the realisation dawns that we are not protected by anything other than the contractors conscience.

Is it hardly surprising?

I mean you have the Tories (Kensington has had a Tory MP for 99 years up until last week) and the local council has 42 Conservatives, 9 Labour and 3 Lib Dem councillors.

This is the same Tory Party which is trying to destroy the NHS by saying it's too expensive, and turn it into the US system which costs twice as much. The same Tory Party which is defunding education. The same Tory Party which is defunding the police. Yes, they're taking from the poor to give to the rich, and it's the most important areas, health, education and safety that they're taking from because they don't actually value the lives of those people who they have been elected to represent.
I think that they will wait a couple of years before clearing the site and selling it on to developers.

Always money to be made, just got to make sure people don't make connections and get angry.
I dont know if you haveseen this gem.

#KCBC: ‘if you accept temporary flats, you’re off rehoming list’ #Grenfell

Probably the slyest move I have ever seen. Why dont they just offer the residents 100k each to fuck off out of their Eden ?

Well here it is.

Non flammable panels cost £24 and the flammable ones at Grenfell cost £22. So to make a saving of just £5k the tory run local authority turned the tower into a death trap.

And just to complete the circle the company who installed the cladding are tax dodgers.

I am numb as the realisation dawns that we are not protected by anything other than the contractors conscience.

Is it hardly surprising?

I mean you have the Tories (Kensington has had a Tory MP for 99 years up until last week) and the local council has 42 Conservatives, 9 Labour and 3 Lib Dem councillors.

This is the same Tory Party which is trying to destroy the NHS by saying it's too expensive, and turn it into the US system which costs twice as much. The same Tory Party which is defunding education. The same Tory Party which is defunding the police. Yes, they're taking from the poor to give to the rich, and it's the most important areas, health, education and safety that they're taking from because they don't actually value the lives of those people who they have been elected to represent.
I think that they will wait a couple of years before clearing the site and selling it on to developers.

Always money to be made, just got to make sure people don't make connections and get angry.

Probably the slyest move I have ever seen. Why dont they just offer the residents 100k each to fuck off out of their Eden ?

Wow, I mean, that's just the biggest scrooge ever really. I mean, they'll probably continue to get reelected simply because there are a lot of people who simply don't care in Kensington, but still.... these people deserve hanging (possibly hanging from their feet over the river for a day).

Well here it is.

Is it hardly surprising?

I was reading the local blog this morning and the phrase "ethnic cleansing" came up many times.

Well here it is.

The much hated government regulations are what prevent this sort of tragedy. It is sad that it takes a tragedy like this to bring that home to people.

Well here it is.

Is it hardly surprising?

I was reading the local blog this morning and the phrase "ethnic cleansing" came up many times.

Well, I wouldn't go there.

Forum List

Back