How much is a poor persons life worth ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Well here it is.

The price of a life is £2.

Non flammable panels cost £24 and the flammable ones at Grenfell cost £22. So to make a saving of just £5k the tory run local authority turned the tower into a death trap.

Fire-resistant Grenfell Tower cladding would have cost just £5k more

And now it emerges that these panels are banned in the US.

Cladding used on Grenfell Tower 'was banned in US'

And just to complete the circle the company who installed the cladding are tax dodgers.

Grenfell cladding bosses 'put £2.5m into tax avoidance' | Daily Mail Online

I am numb as the realisation dawns that we are not protected by anything other than the contractors conscience.

the building that burned is a government building for low income persons?------it is
specifically controlled for profit by tories?

Well here it is.

Non flammable panels cost £24 and the flammable ones at Grenfell cost £22. So to make a saving of just £5k the tory run local authority turned the tower into a death trap.

And just to complete the circle the company who installed the cladding are tax dodgers.

I am numb as the realisation dawns that we are not protected by anything other than the contractors conscience.

I'm not sure how many of those people were technically poor as in poverty.

Here are some pictures of what those flats in Grenfell Tower looked like before the horrendous disaster and are people in Britain considered poor if the rent on those flats was £2,000 a month? I'm sorry poor people do NOT live in apartment buildings where the flats cost £2,000 a month to rent.

So this terrible situation has nothing to do with the economics of the people who lived in Grenfell Tower, but Leftists WANT to use this as a Rich vs Poor political football to attempt to cause division, which is a typical Leftist Strategy of driving wedges and pitting one group of people against the other and to use an horrific tragedy as Grenfell Tower to do this is lower than low.

Do poor people live in flats like the one below from Grenfell Tower? I think not.

upload_2017-6-16_19-40-9.png

upload_2017-6-16_19-40-43.png

upload_2017-6-16_19-41-12.png

upload_2017-6-16_19-41-41.png

upload_2017-6-16_19-42-39.png

London fire: Inside the £2,000-a-month Grenfell Tower flats before the blaze

"A huge fire has raged through a 24-storey block of flats in north Kensington, killing at least 12 people and leaving many more missing or injured.

The inferno broke out at Grenfell Tower, home to hundreds of residents in the Lancaster West Estate shortly before 1am on Wednesday morning.

The blaze is thought to have started on the third or fourth floor before destroying flat after flat as flames and smoke ripped through the block.

Grenfell Tower, which was built in 1974, is owned by Kensington and Chelsea council and run by its housing association, Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation.

The block contains 120 flats made up of a mix of social housing and also private homes which are sold or rented out by KCTMO.

Last year a multi-million pound refurbishment of the block was completed which included work to modernise the tower with cladding and replacement windows.

One of the two-bed flats, on the 18th floor of the building, was listed to rent at the end of the last year for £1,971 a month.

Photos of the inside of the flat shows a fitted kitchen, open plan living room, two double bedrooms, bathroom and separate toilet.

The advert boasts of the flat’s location near to Latimer Road Tube station and says the property is well insulated”.

Inside the £2k-a-month Grenfell Tower flats before the blaze

Wow...that is pretty damning. The last I had heard is that they weren't sure which type of panels had been used....

And I wonder how many other high rises are outfitted with the same?

the building that burned is a government building for low income persons?------it is

Most of them were not low income, as the pictures show, no Government is going to put actual poor people in flats where they will have to get Housing Benefits to help them pay the £2,000 rent a month.

Out of curiosity what is the average rent for a flat in London?

My sincere sympathy to those that lost loved ones and their homes in that blaze. Those that opted for the cheaper panels should be forced to live in those buildings with those panels and their is no refusing either and see how quickly they upgrade those buildings!

Wow...that is pretty damning. The last I had heard is that they weren't sure which type of panels had been used....

It has nothing to do with poor people, it has EVERYTHING to do with the contractors who were awarded £10.5 million contract to upgrade Grenfell Tower and came in under budget at £8 million, making a £2.5 million profit for themselves by cutting costs and using cheaper materials, especially the cladding which was aluminium which is plastic based back with foam.

This has nothing to do with poor people, it has EVERYTHING to do with GREED and cutting corners so they can maximise profit at the expense of safety.

It's disgusting that the lower than low Leftists are whipping up a Rich vs Poor situation, Leftists are just basic filth who have no moral compass whatsoever and again illustrate they will use anything, even the deaths of people to attempt to score political points and further divide people.

Disgusting.

A flat in Grenfell Tower is still listed on the below webpage, but of course it says "not currently on the market"

Do poor people live in flats for sale to £250,000? I think not. Can poor people afford to buy a £250,000 flat? I think not.

upload_2017-6-16_20-2-8.png

upload_2017-6-16_20-3-8.png

If you go to mouseprice.com you'll get the above, if you click on View much more...it takes you to Foxton's Estate Agent's website who were the Agents who were selling that Grenfell Tower flat.

Grenfell Tower, Grenfell Road, Notting Hill, W11 , 2 bed, Flat, W11 1TQ, £250,000, For Sale - Mouseprice

Foxton's Estate Agent was selling the flat.

upload_2017-6-16_20-4-18.png

Properties for sale in Notting Hill, W11 through Foxtons Estate Agents

The flats are owned by the local authority but run by a housing trust on their behalf.

Kensington is the richest borough in the UK but it also has poor areas so that the people who clean the rich peoples mansions have somewhere to live.

Its not so much about profit.It is more to do with cost cutting.

A flat in Grenfell Tower is still listed on the below webpage, but of course it says "not currently on the market"

Do poor people live in flats for sale to £250,000? I think not. Can poor people afford to buy a £250,000 flat? I think not.

View attachment 133540
View attachment 133541

If you go to mouseprice.com you'll get the above, if you click on View much more...it takes you to Foxton's Estate Agent's website who were the Agents who were selling that Grenfell Tower flat.

Grenfell Tower, Grenfell Road, Notting Hill, W11 , 2 bed, Flat, W11 1TQ, £250,000, For Sale - Mouseprice

View attachment 133542

Many of the people who lived in this tower would have had rent support to enable them to live there. You are correct that the rent would be beyond the reach of most.

if it were my town----the question would be was the building "up to code"?

View attachment 133540
View attachment 133541

View attachment 133542

Here's another, this flat was for sale to £180,000, can poor people afford £180,000 to buy a flat? I think not.

upload_2017-6-16_20-9-12.png

Check out this property for sale on Rightmove!

Here's another, this flat was sold for £250,000, can poor people afford £250,000 to buy a flat? I think not.

Poor people wouldn't even be considered for a mortgage, most poor people get Housing Benefits, this would discount them immediately and if you don't have a mortgage then you have paid the full amount upfront, poor people do not have access to £250,000 upfront to buy a flat outright.

And the below flat if you look at the date was sold PRE-UPGRADING of Grenfell Tower when the Leftists are all screaming the building and all the flats were TERRIBLE hovels almost of Dickensian proportions....do terrible hovels cost £250,000? I think not.

upload_2017-6-16_20-13-0.png

upload_2017-6-16_20-13-51.png

Sold House Prices in London, Flat 92 Grenfell Tower Grenfell Road, W11 1TG | Nethouseprices.com

Well here it is.

Like everything else, even peoples' lives, value is in their worth to other people and the societies in which they live.

Local authorities have spent the last few days checking all of their property. Its a mixed picture. Ive seen a figure of 100k to fit sprinklers to Grenfell House.

But local government budgets have been cut by 40% due to tory austerity and so the penny pinching now has a body count.

On top of this there is an acute shortage of affordable housing in London due to tory and labour authorities selling off council housing and not replacing it. Some poor families in the area have been housed as far away as Birmingham because of it.

People have lost families and homes and will lose their jobs if they cant get settled locally. Meanwhile across the road there are private tower blocks bought as investments by foreigners that lie empty.

Well here it is.

Like everything else, even peoples' lives, value is in their worth to other people and the societies in which they live.
So we are finding out.

sheeeesh----from the early INDIGNATION-----I thought it was a slum into which poor
innocent muzzie victims had been DUMPED

Forum List

Back