How much do you drive your car per week?

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
Seems as good a place as any other for this.

In the thread about private car ownership it was stated that in Europe the average car is only used 4% of the time. My initial thought was "wow, that is really low".

But if you are basing it only on a 24 hour day, is it really.

Since I no longer commute to work daily I can say I drive my car maybe 5 hours week. My wife maybe 6 hour a week for her car.

So, at most our two cars are driving 12 hours a week unless we are travelling.

So, out of a 168 hour week we use ours about 3.6% of the time.

Just wondering how much other people drive theirs.

And no, I am not suggesting we get rid of private ownership, just genuinely curious

In the thread about private car ownership it was stated that in Europe the average car is only used 4% of the time. My initial thought was "wow, that is really low".

Since I no longer commute to work daily I can say I drive my car maybe 5 hours week. My wife maybe 6 hour a week for her car.

And no, I am not suggesting we get rid of private ownership, just genuinely curious

Don't respond to this. Golfing Gator is a deep-stater.

I tend to put about 4.5 gals in every week or so and get around 36 mph

I have several cars, but the one I drive most often is a 2014 Chevy Malibu.

The car used to belong to my aunt, who passed away in 2018. When she died it had only 17,000 miles on the clock.

I bought the car from her estate, giving my brother 1/2 of the wholesale blue book value (which amounted to $6,900). I flew to New York and brought the car to Florida in early 2019.

Three and a half years later it has 113,000 miles on it.

Yeah, I drive quite a bit...

I drive mine 123% of the time

Ten to twelve hours a day and if you want to know why PM me and I will explain or tell me to PM!

I have several cars, but the one I drive most often is a 2014 Chevy Malibu.

The car used to belong to my aunt, who passed away in 2018. When she died it had only 17,000 miles on the clock.

I bought the car from her estate, giving my brother 1/2 of the wholesale blue book value (which amounted to $6,900). I flew to New York and brought the car to Florida in early 2019.

Three and a half years later it has 113,000 miles on it.

Yeah, I drive quite a bit...

Just over 30,000 miles a year, that is a fair amount but not really all that crazy

Thanks.

10 miles a day for work, 5 days a week. Town is about 30 miles to and from. i go there once a week. Sometimes, i have to go twice. If i go to the river, its about 90 miles to and from. I go there once or twice a month. Will be more when the heat cools down a bit.

10 miles a day for work, 5 days a week. Town is about 30 miles to and from. i go there once a week. Sometimes, i have to go twice. If i go to the river, its about 90 miles to and from. I go there once or twice a month. Will be more when the heat cools down a bit.
I talked to my grandfather ( Satan ) and it ain’t cooling for you!

I’m retired so it doesn’t really count

Right now, about 20-30 miles a day

Yeah it is seeing you are asking a question that need an answer of why the person spends that much time.

I was not asking why, people do all sorts of things. Was just looking for an average that people drive.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back