How much did Michelle Obama's European vacation cost the US taxpaer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by soosie, Jul 6, 2009.

1. soosie

soosie BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33
    So much for transparency, the Obamas' travel to Europe on your dime but won't tell us how much it costs. Also how much carbon did they produce by flying around in a private jet?

America may be in the midst of a deep recession, and the nation may be facing unprecedented deficit spending and debt, but the White House will not reveal the cost to taxpayers of the European vacation that first lady Michelle Obama and the president’s two daughters, Malia and Sasha, took last month.

CNSNews.com - White House Won’t Reveal How Much Michelle Obama’s European Vacation Cost Taxpayers

2. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Now now Soosie..you know better than to point out the negatives about the first lady and her spending habits. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and SNL will be raking you over the coals pretty soon.

3. stf410

stf410 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The cost of the First Lady’s vacation could not possibly cure a fraction of the recession. So I don’t see this being a concern to the American people, when billions of dollars that can boast the U.S. economy is spent overseas on the U.S. military.

4. soosie

soosie BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33

Spoken like a true liberal....Seeing that the liberals pointed out every time Bush would have down time and just go to Crawford. Which I'm sure didn't cost as much as the first lady's elaborate trip.

5. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    There's a difference between complaining about the first lady going to Europe for "vacationing" (and you forget that the Obama's aren't poor by any means) and Bush going to Crawford.

If you choose to admit that Bush was going to Crawford for vacation, then the man who took the most vacation days ever for a President has a bit more of a responsibility to this country then the first lady wouldn't you say?

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,015
    No, he was available and in control of the Government the entire time he was in Texas and he was not flying jets around nor spending thousands of dollars either.

But the POINT is that Obama promised us TRANSPARENCY and has done everything in his power to obscure everything about his and his wife's past and all of his actions since taking office. If you call this transparency you must be blind stupid and ignorant.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    He was available and in control but was he doing anything? For example, I can be available while working at a fast food restaurant but it doesn't mean I'm actually doing anything.

Obama did promise transparency and I don't see him saying "we're not going to tell you". It always has been the Secret Service policy to not say how much it costs for them to protect the people under their guard. Besides, the major issue I'm seeing here is the fact she took a vacation to Europe but I never saw one bad article about when Laura Bush went on a separate vacation. I agree they should reimburse the Government for whatever they spent but don't sit there and act like the other side is completely innocent.

8. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    maybe you should pay closer attention to Robert Gibbs blundering and gaffing his way through the Q&A's at press conferences. Of course they aren't going to come right out and say "WE"RE NOT GONNA TELL YOU", duhhh!!! But while there was a commitment to be transparent on EVERY issue, it has been mostly smoke screens and redirectioning

9. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    it amazes me how you sheep walk so close behind these people that you bump into their ass cracks when they stop walking.

10. stf410

stf410 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don’t sweat the small stuff!

This is the problem with America, most of its citizens spend too much time bitching over petty things and pay no attention to the major issues that keeps getting bigger.