How McCain plans to cut government spending

If we don't go the full boat and fully socialize medicine, there is no way in hell that we're going to be able to afford to provide health care to everyone who is going to need it in the coming years, folks.

As much as I understand the benfits of a single payer universal health care insurance scheme (and I know god damned well I understand it better than most of you advocates for this plan understand it) I know perfectly well that in the medium run it will drive up the % of GDP this nation spends on health care but will not deliver superior health care to most of us.

Oh, it might for a short while, but then the market forces will drive up the cost of health care UNLESS we invest a significant amount of money into INCREASING the amount of helath care providers at the same time we are increasing the amount of money chasing that health care.

I know that some of you who studied the causes of the dramtic increases in health care in the last twenty or thirty years understand exactly what I am saying.

Its a simply case of supply and demand, follks.

Really it isn't that hard to figure out.

More money chasing the same amount of health care = higher costs per health care unit.

This ain't rocket science.

If we truly want to provide health care to EVERYONE, we have to actually socialize the whole system.

And then?

And then we ALSO have to limit health care to everyone, too.

That or chain doctors and nurses to their hospitals because they are going to have to accept that they won't make ten and twelve times as much as everyone else when that socialized system is initiated.

I see NO solution to this problem folks.

Honestly, I don't.

Why not just increase the number of nurses and doctors and medical technologists and hospitals and clinics.....thus increasing the supply to meet the demand?

Wouldn't that be the true capitalistic way of looking at it? Instead we have had major consolidation of health care put in to fewer hands verses expanding it and making it more competitive...?

care

Forum List

Back