How McCain plans to cut government spending

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Eliminate medicare. Everyone over seventy that can't pay for their own insurance will soon die, therefore not only saving all that medicare money, but also eliminating a lot of Social Security payments.

Actually the growing epidemic of obesity will save America, as the fat ones will die early before they qualify for social security and medicare.

Twinkies may save America.

I'm for cutting all government spending except defense. MediCare/MediCaid/MediCal/MediFraud whatever you want to call it, those gubamint programs cannot just expand forever.

McCain has made no secret that his plan is to cut social spending (rread social security and medicare FIRST) in order to pay for the tax cuts to billionaires and his plans on having continuous wars in Asia.

This is not a secret.

The man has said as much many times.

Those of us in the middle class (read those who make less than $5 million a year according to McCain) will just have to get used to living in his Dickensian world if he's elected.

This man is SO out of touch with the average Americans reality, folks.

Happily for him so are about 35% of the electorate who would vote for King Kong if that monkey had an R behind his name.

You know what occurs to me, if your position is that "healthcare is a right" then the your position on medicare has to be a supportive one. The way I see it is when a person over the years pays into the system through FICA deductions that is when they should be allowed a deduction as to what sort of medicare retirement packaged they wish to have. For example you could have three plans to pay into, basic. medium. premium. and each one has a different amount that is taken from your check to pay for the type of program you qualify for when you retire. The other issue here is , if OUR govt. had not used the Social Security Trust fund that you, and I and everyone else pays into as the big cash cow to borrow money from over the last several years , perhaps medicare would not be such a huge issue. We as a soceity have an obligation a moral one to take care of those that came before us, now some will go crazy over that statement, but look around you, you think that freeway you drove on today was a recent invention or that car, or for that matter about 99% of the things we enjoy today.? So to simply tell seniors, thank you now die!! would show that out soceity has not morals and no interest in learning from those that are the most learned from life and therefore are willing to repeat the same mistakes as them. It is not a lot to ask to take care of our seniors when we are taking care of some businessmen and women to the tune of 700 billion dollars.

You know what occurs to me, if your position is that "healthcare is a right" then the your position on medicare has to be a supportive one. The way I see it is when a person over the years pays into the system through FICA deductions that is when they should be allowed a deduction as to what sort of medicare retirement packaged they wish to have. For example you could have three plans to pay into, basic. medium. premium. and each one has a different amount that is taken from your check to pay for the type of program you qualify for when you retire. The other issue here is , if OUR govt. had not used the Social Security Trust fund that you, and I and everyone else pays into as the big cash cow to borrow money from over the last several years , perhaps medicare would not be such a huge issue. We as a soceity have an obligation a moral one to take care of those that came before us, now some will go crazy over that statement, but look around you, you think that freeway you drove on today was a recent invention or that car, or for that matter about 99% of the things we enjoy today.? So to simply tell seniors, thank you now die!! would show that out soceity has not morals and no interest in learning from those that are the most learned from life and therefore are willing to repeat the same mistakes as them. It is not a lot to ask to take care of our seniors when we are taking care of some businessmen and women to the tune of 700 billion dollars.
Whoa! Are you really a Republican?

I think cutting medicare for seniors is outrageous, especially since they paid into it in good faith. And now to have it reduced or eliminated??? It makes me ill, seriously.

I thought the question was interesting...is health care a right or a privilege, but the third choice of responsibility made no real sense to me. And responsibility is the one McCain chose.

I'm for cutting all government spending except defense. MediCare/MediCaid/MediCal/MediFraud whatever you want to call it, those gubamint programs cannot just expand forever.

so you would throw seniors and children off Medicare/Medicaid and tell them to go fuck themselves! that's nice!

This country isn't ALL about defense mad! There is quality of life which is what is worth defending. Being nothing more than a military power isn't what this country was founded on.

Navy your post was fantastic and right on the money!

A thinking man! :) iou a rep!

care

so you would throw seniors and children off Medicare/Medicaid and tell them to go fuck themselves! that's nice!
Only you liberals would think that opposition to gubamint programs means you want people to starve because gubamint is your God and way of life.
Let me say it again:

All gubamint programs, except defense, should be cut.

If you still don't understand what I wrote maybe you could print it out and have someone read it to you outloud.

Whoa! Are you really a Republican?

I think cutting medicare for seniors is outrageous, especially since they paid into it in good faith. And now to have it reduced or eliminated??? It makes me ill, seriously.

I thought the question was interesting...is health care a right or a privilege, but the third choice of responsibility made no real sense to me. And responsibility is the one McCain chose.

I am a Republican Ravi however I am more an independant one. I think there are some basic things a society should do, regardless of what their political thinking is. Taking care of Seniors is way up there on my list and those that cannot take care of themselves. You know, there used to be a saying you don't hardly hear anymore. That a person that has a little pride in their heart is not looking for a handout but a handup, and I am not against helping ANYONE who needs a handup to go in the right direction. Hell, look at how far that handup got Gen. Colin Powell

If we don't go the full boat and fully socialize medicine, there is no way in hell that we're going to be able to afford to provide health care to everyone who is going to need it in the coming years, folks.

As much as I understand the benfits of a single payer universal health care insurance scheme (and I know god damned well I understand it better than most of you advocates for this plan understand it) I know perfectly well that in the medium run it will drive up the % of GDP this nation spends on health care but will not deliver superior health care to most of us.

Oh, it might for a short while, but then the market forces will drive up the cost of health care UNLESS we invest a significant amount of money into INCREASING the amount of helath care providers at the same time we are increasing the amount of money chasing that health care.

I know that some of you who studied the causes of the dramtic increases in health care in the last twenty or thirty years understand exactly what I am saying.

Its a simply case of supply and demand, follks.

Really it isn't that hard to figure out.

More money chasing the same amount of health care = higher costs per health care unit.

This ain't rocket science.

If we truly want to provide health care to EVERYONE, we have to actually socialize the whole system.

And then?

And then we ALSO have to limit health care to everyone, too.

That or chain doctors and nurses to their hospitals because they are going to have to accept that they won't make ten and twelve times as much as everyone else when that socialized system is initiated.

I see NO solution to this problem folks.

Honestly, I don't.

There's $3 million to help the diamond trade.

Nearly a $1million to manage noxious weeds in Idaho.

And there's money for the National Mule and Packers Museum, and a walking tour of a tiny town in Virginia - with a population of 474.

There are more earmarks than ever this year - 11,600 of them - totaling more than $17 billion tax dollars.

20 billion spent on the Comanche Helicopter then the program was cancelled.

15 Billion spent on the Crusader Artillery System then the program was cancelled.

It seems to me it's not a matter of taking and just cutting funding for every program in the govt. It seems the govt. should be held to the same standards that any small business is held too. If you keep out the political influence in govt. spending then perhaps rather than having to decide if we have enough money pay for some 86 year old womans medicine , we should not be worried about spending 20 million dollars in putting sand in the sand traps at Tyndal AFB. If it were that big an issue for the golf course there, then they need to be able to raise their own money for it.

Only you liberals would think that opposition to gubamint programs means you want people to starve because gubamint is your God and way of life.
Let me say it again:

All gubamint programs, except defense, should be cut.

If you still don't understand what I wrote maybe you could print it out and have someone read it to you outloud.

you treating me like I'm stupid isn't working. I read what you said and you're cute spelling "gubamint" makes you look even more ridiculous.

You're saying throw elderly and children into the world without medical coverage. There is no way around what you're saying.

and I still say that makes you an asshole.

Forum List

Back