How many times have we said it?

Bernanke says we risk deflation so there should be no COLA.

If the government wants to cut the defense budget then they should insulate the tents in Afghanistan & Iraq. Half of the war budget is spent air-conditioning the desert over there. Studies have proven that insulation would cut that A/C bill by 92% & save 1,000 US lives.

Just another case of stupid complacent government inefficiencies.

If we want to save $12 million per day we can bring our troops home.

Jus' a thought....

Insulation can save much more than your suggested $12 million per day by bring our troops home.

It cost $20 Billion & 1,000 US lives a year just to air condition the tents in Afghanistan. That cost US $54,794,520 per day. Insulation saves 92% off of that $55 million a day bill, saving US $50 million a day. I will take that savings over your $12 million every day.

We have troops in 130 countries. If we bring them ALL home the savings will be way more than your numbers.

Last edited:
Get some balls retired Military. You shed blood for duty, honor and Country and now you sound like a bunch of little old spinsters who saw a mouse in the house. I saw the same stuff in the American Legion magazine. You watched as the democrat party dismantled every health care provider with a 3,000 page monstrosity of a "health care law" and you said nothing. Now you listen to shrill democrats who called you scum and worse over the last couple of decades. What do you think is going to happen if we continue to pay billions in interest on a loan we can't ever pay?

Get some balls retired Military. You shed blood for duty, honor and Country and now you sound like a bunch of little old spinsters who saw a mouse in the house. I saw the same stuff in the American Legion magazine. You watched as the democrat party dismantled every health care provider with a 3,000 page monstrosity of a "health care law" and you said nothing. Now you listen to shrill democrats who called you scum and worse over the last couple of decades. What do you think is going to happen if we continue to pay billions in interest on a loan we can't ever pay?

I've got the balls enough for all of us. Yes we watched and we wrote our congressmen, We wrote the white house. we bitched on line. We have made all the noise we can make as individuals. You haven't a fucking clue what we have or have not done. Fact is I spoke with Senator Portmans office in Washington less than 4 hours ago. Now reword your post or fuck off.

I've got the balls enough for all of us. Yes we watched and we wrote our congressmen, We wrote the white house. we bitched on line. We have made all the noise we can make as individuals. You haven't a fucking clue what we have or have not done. Fact is I spoke with Senator Portmans office in Washington less than 4 hours ago. Now reword your post or fuck off.

It looks like you ain't got half the balls you retired with sergeant. Quit whining to your congressman for a promise they can't keep and consider the mess your Country is in unless they cut spending.

It looks like you ain't got half the balls you retired with sergeant. Quit whining to your congressman for a promise they can't keep and consider the mess your Country is in unless they cut spending.

You consider all you like. And while you are sitting on your ass considering I will do all I can to redirect the idiots in Washington.

Once again congress needs money and where do they look? Straight at Military Retiree benefits.

http://www.military.com/military-report/senate-seeks-$80b-in-benefit-cuts?ESRC=miltrep.nl

I'm so fucking tired of this shit. Here goes another useless letter to congressman, Senators, and the White house.....................

You are lucky they don't take all yo damn blood money and just send ya a lifetime supply of K-Rations and a PUP tent..ya whiny bitch. You would still be better off than millions of vets living homeless on the streets and under overpasses.

Ya wanted to serve?....well serve!!

Fuck you. I still do more than my share of serving veterans. When I slow down on that they'll be playing me taps.

Want to thank you Ollie for your service to this country. My Dad served in Korea and taught me the meaning of national pride and sacrifice for country. Wish we could do more as a Nation for patriots like you.

Bernanke says we risk deflation so there should be no COLA.

If the government wants to cut the defense budget then they should insulate the tents in Afghanistan & Iraq. Half of the war budget is spent air-conditioning the desert over there. Studies have proven that insulation would cut that A/C bill by 92% & save 1,000 US lives.

Just another case of stupid complacent government inefficiencies.

If we want to save $12 million per day we can bring our troops home.

Jus' a thought....

Insulation can save much more than your suggested $12 million per day by bring our troops home.

It cost $20 Billion & 1,000 US lives a year just to air condition the tents in Afghanistan. That cost US $54,794,520 per day. Insulation saves 92% off of that $55 million a day bill, saving US $50 million a day. I will take that savings over your $12 million every day.

Is it really a contest? The point is we agree, eh? Spending money on a credit card blowing up shit overseas makes us look stupid from space.

:beer: To the day the US Military Bureaucracy finishes evolving from the worlds police force into the worlds fire and rescue service. Everybody gets nervous when the cops show up.

You are lucky they don't take all yo damn blood money and just send ya a lifetime supply of K-Rations and a PUP tent..ya whiny bitch. You would still be better off than millions of vets living homeless on the streets and under overpasses.

Ya wanted to serve?....well serve!!

Fuck you. I still do more than my share of serving veterans. When I slow down on that they'll be playing me taps.

Want to thank you Ollie for your service to this country. My Dad served in Korea and taught me the meaning of national pride and sacrifice for country. Wish we could do more as a Nation for patriots like you.

There are many Veterans and many Military retirees on this board, most don't advertise it the way I do. But trust me they are here. So I'll take your thanks for all of them. And you are most welcome.

I don't know what it is. I've seen tough guys who withstood the mortar fire of Khe Sahn fold up when a congressman lies to them about the bennies they think they deserve. I've seen Cops who were also Veterans skilled in the art of good guy - bad guy interrigation methods fall for the good guy bad guy routine that politicians play. Our Country is in bad shape and the only way to get out of it is to cut spending. Don't get hysterical about the promises or threats politicians make and show some balls by encouraging the president to do the right thing.

Every freaking time we have a DEM in office they go after military retirement or benefits. First Clinton. Hubby was promised free health care plus his base pay after he retired 20 years when he signed up. Clinton gets in office now he has to pay for his healthcare and get only 75 percent after 25 years of service only because he was grandfathered in. Other military are not so lucky! But, god forbid cut the benefits of the retired senators , and congressmen.

with 22 years of active duty I get 52% of my Base pay. And yep We pay for tricare and have copay's for everything. But don't tell the civilians, they think we retirees are rich.....

All I can say is that I did NOT serve in the US Military and I regret that decision. Primarily because history shows that the heavy action during what would have been my career years was Grenada, but also because I can see in personal hindsight that even a short time in The Service would have generated opportunities now lost to age and alternate choices. In spite of having regrets, I'm one of the luckiest little bastards to have been given the gift of sentient life on planet earth. Why? I was born in 21st Century America with reasonably good health, I was given an education I couldn’t have afforded on my own and my choices in life have largely been my own.

No matter which paths we choose for a way to make the most out of the hand life deals us, we're all Americans, eh? Who would profit from a war in court pitting the claims of military retirees on VA and Tricare against civilian retirees on Social Security / Medicare over the assets representing the collective value of We, The People? :eusa_think: Who besides Court T.V. would profit from that battle?

It's not 'us -vs- them' unless you find 'them' by following the money straight down K Street.

But But But

It's all free!!

I was told, if I did 20 years, I'd get 100% of my base and free medical and dental for me and my family, until the kids were 18, for life!!!

pfft

By my 5th year in that 100% was upped to 27 years, and looking at the base then, I was unsure how people made it w/o another job.

Great thing though, research was done and it was discovered that Chiefs [ E-7's and up] lived about 5 years after they retired.

Yeah, easy life and coushy jobs.... tell it to my knees.

Did you ever consider choosing a career path that didn't have you working on your knees?

And if that's the summary of your skill-set, be thankful that you chose the military and didn't waste time working for anyone who insulated themselves behind documents and file folders and said their payroll wasn't written on rubber and promised that they paid their share of the payroll taxes due.

Face it.... nobody outside the status quo who depends on an income stream from Uncle Sam is living on Easy Street and it's wrong to insinuate that somehow one mans middle class granny is more deserving than another mans middle class granny.

But But But

It's all free!!

I was told, if I did 20 years, I'd get 100% of my base and free medical and dental for me and my family, until the kids were 18, for life!!!

pfft

By my 5th year in that 100% was upped to 27 years, and looking at the base then, I was unsure how people made it w/o another job.

Great thing though, research was done and it was discovered that Chiefs [ E-7's and up] lived about 5 years after they retired.

Yeah, easy life and coushy jobs.... tell it to my knees.

There is nothing "cushy" about Military service, I am going to slap the shit out of the next person who says that.:evil:

I got 3 hots and a cot.

If I was lucky I got 2 cots. Never mind that I had to share them with 2 other shipmates and we called them "coffin racks". and the hots were grade B foods.

Bitch and gripe! Ever since the baby came, all you wanna do is get married!

:dunno: It's not like you were without choices in life.

There is nothing "cushy" about Military service, I am going to slap the shit out of the next person who says that.:evil:

I got 3 hots and a cot.

If I was lucky I got 2 cots. Never mind that I had to share them with 2 other shipmates and we called them "coffin racks". and the hots were grade B foods.

No doubt, but this is something that you won't understand unless you served yourself apparently, and this disconnect is getting bigger and bigger.

Does volunteering as a fire fighter for 3 years count for anything? How about banging nails into homes that still stand and shelter families some 20 years later? Any points for innovation, initiative and quality customer service over the years?

Am I misreading an 'us versus them' vibe here?

Avg-Joe you are misreading somewhat. When a former military person talks about bad knees most of the time it's because of things like 7 mile runs on hard top while wearing combat boots. One of the first things to go is a guys knees.

And no it's not really an us vs them. It's an observation that the military and in particular the military retirees are treated much the same way our beloved government treated the American Indian. Promise the moon and give you cheese.

"Ask not what your Country can do for you but what you can do for your Country"> I don't think he meant it but lefties seemed to think it was a profound statement back in 1960.

Avg-Joe you are misreading somewhat. When a former military person talks about bad knees most of the time it's because of things like 7 mile runs on hard top while wearing combat boots. One of the first things to go is a guys knees.

And no it's not really an us vs them. It's an observation that the military and in particular the military retirees are treated much the same way our beloved government treated the American Indian. Promise the moon and give you cheese.

If either case is true, and I'm not saying they're not, do we stand a snowballs chance of firing the foxes and getting a true accounting of the hens and eggs before the short-sighted little bastards among us burn down the coop? It's frustrating having a government it takes a lawyer to deal with before owning much in the way of income producing property.

Anyone remember eye contact and a hand shake?

I got 3 hots and a cot.

No doubt, but this is something that you won't understand unless you served yourself apparently, and this disconnect is getting bigger and bigger.

Does volunteering as a fire fighter for 3 years count for anything? How about banging nails into homes that still stand and shelter families some 20 years later? Any points for innovation, initiative and quality customer service over the years?

Sure volunteering as a fire fighter and fixing homes are good things, but its not the same thing as Military service. I am not saying there is a "us versus them" mentality and I hope we never get there, however there is a serious disconnect right now between the Military, Veterans, Military retirees and the civilian population. Decades ago the Military was alot bigger and alot of people had family that was drafted to fight in Vietnam and Korea, or were drafted themselves so they were familiar with the Military and how it worked. Now things are totally different, its an all volunteer service which is a good thing however the Military isn't quite as big as it used to be, so for more people the Military is just something they see in war movies and video games and is something completely alien to them. Alot of people think all of the Military are a bunch of grunts with no real skills besides killing people, they think our service is "cushy" and we get paid handsomely, these are all comments I have seen on this board and the posters who said them were not stupid, thats the scary thing.

Sure volunteering as a fire fighter and fixing homes are good things, but its not the same thing as Military service. I am not saying there is a "us versus them" mentality and I hope we never get there, however there is a serious disconnect right now between the Military, Veterans, Military retirees and the civilian population. Decades ago the Military was alot bigger and alot of people had family that was drafted to fight in Vietnam and Korea, or were drafted themselves so they were familiar with the Military and how it worked. Now things are totally different, its an all volunteer service which is a good thing however the Military isn't quite as big as it used to be, so for more people the Military is just something they see in war movies and video games and is something completely alien to them. Alot of people think all of the Military are a bunch of grunts with no real skills besides killing people, they think our service is "cushy" and we get paid handsomely, these are all comments I have seen on this board and the posters who said them were not stupid, thats the scary thing.

Dunno HG, I see the military as just another career option with opportunities ranging from entry level service and production careers through middle and upper management opportunities straight through to parlaying a Service Career into influencing policy via politics or lobbying for defense contractors and the true 'good life'.

Every career option has its golden parachutes and every career option has wooden eggs - depends on how hard you work, how lucky you are and what connections you bring to the game.

Dunno HG, I see the military as just another career option with opportunities ranging from entry level service and production careers through middle and upper management opportunities straight through to parlaying a Service Career into influencing policy via politics or lobbying for defense contractors and the true 'good life'.

Every career option has its golden parachutes and every career option has wooden eggs - depends on how hard you work, how lucky you are and what connections you bring to the game.

I understand where you are coming from this post however the Military really isn't just another job or a career, it really is a different lifestyle and when you are in the Military you have to follow all the civilian laws as well as the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice).

Uniform Code of Military Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In most jobs or careers when you are tired of what you are doing or want to pursue other things, you can just quit. In the Military you cannot leave until your date of separation and even than you can be stop lossed. The Military is more than just a job, in regular civilian jobs when you leave work you can do whatever you want, in the Military you are technically on call on duty 24 hours a day. The Military is really a big commitment that shouldn't be taken lightly when you sign those papers at the MEPS.

Forum List

Back