How many times have we said it?

Once again congress needs money and where do they look? Straight at Military Retiree benefits.

The Senate deficit-cutting plan proposed by the so-called "Gang of Six" could mean a reduction in retiree COLA and demands that the armed services committees make $80 billion in cuts to military entitlements over the next decade.

http://www.military.com/military-report/senate-seeks-$80b-in-benefit-cuts?ESRC=miltrep.nl

I'm so fucking tired of this shit. Here goes another useless letter to congressman, Senators, and the White house.....................

You are lucky they don't take all yo damn blood money and just send ya a lifetime supply of K-Rations and a PUP tent..ya whiny bitch. You would still be better off than millions of vets living homeless on the streets and under overpasses.

Ya wanted to serve?....well serve!!

Once again congress needs money and where do they look? Straight at Military Retiree benefits.

The Senate deficit-cutting plan proposed by the so-called "Gang of Six" could mean a reduction in retiree COLA and demands that the armed services committees make $80 billion in cuts to military entitlements over the next decade.

http://www.military.com/military-report/senate-seeks-$80b-in-benefit-cuts?ESRC=miltrep.nl

I'm so fucking tired of this shit. Here goes another useless letter to congressman, Senators, and the White house.....................

You are lucky they don't take all yo damn blood money and just send ya a lifetime supply of K-Rations and a PUP tent..ya whiny bitch. You would still be better off than millions of vets living homeless on the streets and under overpasses.

Fuck you. I still do more than my share of serving veterans. When I slow down on that they'll be playing me taps.

with all due respect ollie...everyone wants programs cut as long as its not the program that pay them

Truth is Bones that I would gladly give up 10% of my retirement if they made the same cuts across the board. I've said it many times on this board and in my emails to Washington.

And you are right, they won't cut it across the board because that would hit their own pockets too.

Very true.

i have no problem with that at all....

but if they are to cut the amounts they want...all benefits will suffer a cut...

it will be interesting to see what each side puts up

Military pensions can not be cut. The Constitution is clear on that. The very Amendment we are discussing makes that clear.

Which amendment is that?

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.

Jesus Christ I got sucked into the thinking myself...

Fuck the cuts! Considering what your average legal bankster can do with a million bucks in 5 years and how safely it can be done, the $2.4 TRILLION in assets that WE, The People own in OUR Social Security Trust fund should be worth something, don't you think?

Fair Taxes. Budget Balanced by Law.

Don't get hysterical about the cheap threats sarge. Democrats are going to pick out the most deserving and/or vulnerable people in society and tell them that spending cuts are going to cause them to eat Alpo. They won't suggest logical solutions to the spending that is causing the US to slide into the 3rd world like doing away with the Dept of Education or the do-nothing EPA or a thousand other redundant bureaucracies. You are falling into the biggest pile of bull sh-t and you can't even smell it.

Fuck you. I still do more than my share of serving veterans. When I slow down on that they'll be playing me taps.

My post was sarcasm ya stupid twat. There are lots of people that are at the mercy of what the gov does right now. Vets are no more special than anyone else. If we don't stand together on this and cry like bitches that MY entitlements are more important than YOUR entitlements then WE ARE ALL FUCKED.

FYI I help homeless vets almost every day. I know several by name... Even if it is just a free cigarette and some encouragement.

My post was sarcasm ya stupid twat. There are lots of people that are at the mercy of what the gov does right now. Vets are no more special than anyone else. If we don't stand together on this and cry like bitches that MY entitlements are more important than YOUR entitlements then WE ARE ALL FUCKED.

FYI I help homeless vets almost every day. I know several by name... Even if it is just a free cigarette and some encouragement.

Listen to HUGGY Grasshoppers. He has 7 true pearls of wisdom a decade and this is # 4.

Every freaking time we have a DEM in office they go after military retirement or benefits. First Clinton. Hubby was promised free health care plus his base pay after he retired 20 years when he signed up. Clinton gets in office now he has to pay for his healthcare and get only 75 percent after 25 years of service only because he was grandfathered in. Other military are not so lucky! But, god forbid cut the benefits of the retired senators , and congressmen.

com'n Ollie! You can take another one for the team.

After all, you were taking it for at least 20 years.

I mean, after all, the Congressmen all served thier country. Why should they pony up?

I'm telling you guys there is a real disconnect between our civilian, Military and Veteran populations, Ollie you know what I'm talking about Ollie just look at the exchanges we have had in the past few days with these clowns who said the Military have cushy jobs and handsome salaries, these jack asses think the Retirees are balling out of control so of course they are looking at them to take money.

Every freaking time we have a DEM in office they go after military retirement or benefits. First Clinton. Hubby was promised free health care plus his base pay after he retired 20 years when he signed up. Clinton gets in office now he has to pay for his healthcare and get only 75 percent after 25 years of service only because he was grandfathered in. Other military are not so lucky! But, god forbid cut the benefits of the retired senators , and congressmen.

with 22 years of active duty I get 52% of my Base pay. And yep We pay for tricare and have copay's for everything. But don't tell the civilians, they think we retirees are rich.....

with 22 years of active duty I get 52% of my Base pay. And yep We pay for tricare and have copay's for everything. But don't tell the civilians, they think we retirees are rich.....

Oh, and don't forget we pay taxes on that retirement income too. And should we be so fortunate to reach the age of 65 we lose our tricare and have to accept medicare, and of course we'll pay for that too......

Oh, and don't forget we pay taxes on that retirement income too. And should we be so fortunate to reach the age of 65 we lose our tricare and have to accept medicare, and of course we'll pay for that too......

Really Ollie? I thought you Military Retirees were driving around in Jaguars, sippin on Crystal and partying on your yachts on the South of France.:doubt:

But But But

It's all free!!

I was told, if I did 20 years, I'd get 100% of my base and free medical and dental for me and my family, until the kids were 18, for life!!!

pfft

By my 5th year in that 100% was upped to 27 years, and looking at the base then, I was unsure how people made it w/o another job.

Great thing though, research was done and it was discovered that Chiefs [ E-7's and up] lived about 5 years after they retired.

Yeah, easy life and coushy jobs.... tell it to my knees.

But But But

It's all free!!

I was told, if I did 20 years, I'd get 100% of my base and free medical and dental for me and my family, until the kids were 18, for life!!!

pfft

By my 5th year in that 100% was upped to 27 years, and looking at the base then, I was unsure how people made it w/o another job.

Great thing though, research was done and it was discovered that Chiefs [ E-7's and up] lived about 5 years after they retired.

There is nothing "cushy" about Military service, I am going to slap the shit out of the next person who says that.:evil:

But But But

It's all free!!

pfft

There is nothing "cushy" about Military service, I am going to slap the shit out of the next person who says that.:evil:

I got 3 hots and a cot.

If I was lucky I got 2 cots. Never mind that I had to share them with 2 other shipmates and we called them "coffin racks". and the hots were grade B foods.

But But But

It's all free!!

pfft

I got 3 hots and a cot.

If I was lucky I got 2 cots. Never mind that I had to share them with 2 other shipmates and we called them "coffin racks". and the hots were grade B foods.

No doubt, but this is something that you won't understand unless you served yourself apparently, and this disconnect is getting bigger and bigger.

Forum List

Back