How many times have we said it?

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Oct 21, 2009
Extreme East Ohio
Once again congress needs money and where do they look? Straight at Military Retiree benefits.

The Senate deficit-cutting plan proposed by the so-called "Gang of Six" could mean a reduction in retiree COLA and demands that the armed services committees make $80 billion in cuts to military entitlements over the next decade.

http://www.military.com/military-report/senate-seeks-$80b-in-benefit-cuts?ESRC=miltrep.nl

I'm so fucking tired of this shit. Here goes another useless letter to congressman, Senators, and the White house.....................

Once again congress needs money and where do they look? Straight at Military Retiree benefits.

The Senate deficit-cutting plan proposed by the so-called "Gang of Six" could mean a reduction in retiree COLA and demands that the armed services committees make $80 billion in cuts to military entitlements over the next decade.

http://www.military.com/military-report/senate-seeks-$80b-in-benefit-cuts?ESRC=miltrep.nl

I'm so fucking tired of this shit. Here goes another useless letter to congressman, Senators, and the White house.....................

Political fear mongering.

I wrote to Obama about this bullshit on Sunday... in my weekly email.

COLA? It's been so long since I got one of those that I have forgotten what it is...

virgin.jpg

COLA, as with many things in life, comes with its own rewards and responsibilities when you get to be the first one to tap it.

Bernanke says we risk deflation so there should be no COLA.

If the government wants to cut the defense budget then they should insulate the tents in Afghanistan & Iraq. Half of the war budget is spent air-conditioning the desert over there. Studies have proven that insulation would cut that A/C bill by 92% & save 1,000 US lives.

Just another case of stupid complacent government inefficiencies.

Last edited:
But don't DARE touch the cushy retirement plans for federal civilian bureaucrats.

Incredible.

If it helps knowing that Reagan put all federal bureaucrats on Social Security and a 401-K style savings plan starting in 1984, essentially doing away with the 'cushy' FIRS program, let it.

Armed with that knowledge, consider voting against an old white haired dude that's been creeping around DC since the late 70's.

List of current United States Senators by age and generation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But don't DARE touch the cushy retirement plans for federal civilian bureaucrats.

Incredible.

If it helps knowing that Reagan put all federal bureaucrats on Social Security and a 401-K style savings plan starting in 1984, essentially doing away with the 'cushy' FIRS program, let it.

Armed with that knowledge, consider voting against an old white haired dude that's been creeping around DC since the late 70's.

List of current United States Senators by age and generation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Side notes: All Federal employees hired before 1984 got to keep FIRS, Reagan included.

If the government wants to cut the defense budget then they should insulate the tents in Afghanistan & Iraq. Half of the war budget is spent air-conditioning the desert over there. Studies have proven that insulation would cut that A/C bill by 95% & save 1,000 US lives.

If we want to save $12 million per day we can bring our troops home.

Jus' a thought....

with all due respect ollie...everyone wants programs cut as long as its not the program that pay them

Might want to read the 14th Amendment again, it is what Obama may use to violate the Constitution. It clearly states that the Government MUST pay its debt to former soldiers promised pensions.

i have no problem with that at all....

but if they are to cut the amounts they want...all benefits will suffer a cut...

it will be interesting to see what each side puts up

i have no problem with that at all....

but if they are to cut the amounts they want...all benefits will suffer a cut...

it will be interesting to see what each side puts up

Military pensions can not be cut. The Constitution is clear on that. The very Amendment we are discussing makes that clear.

If the government wants to cut the defense budget then they should insulate the tents in Afghanistan & Iraq. Half of the war budget is spent air-conditioning the desert over there. Studies have proven that insulation would cut that A/C bill by 92% & save 1,000 US lives.

If we want to save $12 million per day we can bring our troops home.

Jus' a thought....

Insulation can save much more than your suggested $12 million per day by bring our troops home.

It cost $20 Billion & 1,000 US lives a year just to air condition the tents in Afghanistan. That cost US $54,794,520 per day. Insulation saves 92% off of that $55 million a day bill, saving US $50 million a day. I will take that savings over your $12 million every day.

Last edited:
with all due respect ollie...everyone wants programs cut as long as its not the program that pay them

Truth is Bones that I would gladly give up 10% of my retirement if they made the same cuts across the board. I've said it many times on this board and in my emails to Washington.

And you are right, they won't cut it across the board because that would hit their own pockets too.

with no cola's it is rough....my mother depends on civil service benefits and my father's veterans benefits

no cola's combined with increases in basic living costs....has really hit people on fixed incomes....i cant see making a whole generation of retirees...into 3rd class citizens

but you are right..they wont do anything across the board.....always follow the money

it would be nice if obama announces a across the board cut to himself and congress memebers.....forgive me....i lost myself ..that will never happen

And if Social Security was and is your forced retirement leg it continues to cost 12% of every paycheck. Ever.

I have to admit, I feel 'vested'.

But I'm just a middle aged mutt who can pass for white when I need to. What the fuck do I know. :dunno:

Last edited:
with no cola's it is rough....my mother depends on civil service benefits and my father's veterans benefits

no cola's combined with increases in basic living costs....has really hit people on fixed incomes....i cant see making a whole generation of retirees...into 3rd class citizens

but you are right..they wont do anything across the board.....always follow the money

it would be nice if obama announces a across the board cut to himself and congress memebers.....forgive me....i lost myself ..that will never happen

A Simple tax is a fair tax.

Fair taxes. Budget balanced by law.

Government is only rocket science if it's a profitable industry.

Google Search: US Tax Law

Last edited:

Forum List

Back