How many thousands of jobs did the GOP leadership create from the Stimulus?

PolitiFact | Scott Brown says stimulus 'didn't create one new job'

The stimulus bill "didn’t create one new job."

Which is hilarious since Scott Brown lobbied and received stimulus funding to install broadband Internet where his constituency is at.

StimulatingBroadband.com: Feds Award $160 Million in Broadband Stimulus Funds

Ron Paul, who once wrote a letter to CNN calling the stimulus a waste of money, signed onto a request asking Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood to "give full consideration" to a $81.3 million stimulus request for a railroad improvement project in the Houston area. According to Paul:

"The project proposed by the GCFRD application will facilitate freight movement in the Houston region, which will enhance economic development, safety, livability and sustainability benefits."
Paul's request also stated that the project would helping to eliminate railway congestion issues that cost Houston area shippers $429 million a year.

Center for Public Integrity: Stimulus opponents... | Gather

Sen. Kit Bond (R-MO) slammed President Obama’s recovery and reinvestment plan.
AND THEN:
This provision will have a real impact in Missouri, especially for low-income, working families in need of safe and affordable housing. … Bond’s amendment will save more than 700 housing units and create 3,000 new jobs in Missouri.

Republicans take credit for the stimulus plan after they voted against it.

---------------------------------

Do I really need to go any further? We all sit in front of the Internet. It's easy to do searches. Actually, anyone here can do a search and find out which Republicans FROM THEIR STATES are taking stimulus or have already created jobs.

Do a search from any search engine using phrases similair to: GOP takes credit for stimulus

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&fp=d4bbda87bf5c44b5&biw=1742&bih=882

----------------------------------

So the next time USMB Republicans say the stimulus created no jobs or was a failure, then please explain why so many of your leadership took hundreds of millions of dollars and created thousand and thousands of jobs.

In fact, how many of your presidential candidates took stimulus money? If you know about your candidates, how many took Obama's help? If you're going to vote for them, at least know what they are doing. Do I have to find out for you?

The Stimulus was mishandled.

It was like heroine used to get a prostitute to do your bidding. Once you get them hooked they start feeling withdrawal pains when the money stops coming in. It was meant simply to generate dependence.

PolitiFact | Scott Brown says stimulus 'didn't create one new job'

The stimulus bill "didn’t create one new job."

Which is hilarious since Scott Brown lobbied and received stimulus funding to install broadband Internet where his constituency is at.

StimulatingBroadband.com: Feds Award $160 Million in Broadband Stimulus Funds

Ron Paul, who once wrote a letter to CNN calling the stimulus a waste of money, signed onto a request asking Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood to "give full consideration" to a $81.3 million stimulus request for a railroad improvement project in the Houston area. According to Paul:

"The project proposed by the GCFRD application will facilitate freight movement in the Houston region, which will enhance economic development, safety, livability and sustainability benefits."
Paul's request also stated that the project would helping to eliminate railway congestion issues that cost Houston area shippers $429 million a year.

Center for Public Integrity: Stimulus opponents... | Gather

Sen. Kit Bond (R-MO) slammed President Obama’s recovery and reinvestment plan.
AND THEN:
This provision will have a real impact in Missouri, especially for low-income, working families in need of safe and affordable housing. … Bond’s amendment will save more than 700 housing units and create 3,000 new jobs in Missouri.

Republicans take credit for the stimulus plan after they voted against it.

Do I really need to go any further? We all sit in front of the Internet. It's easy to do searches. Actually, anyone here can do a search and find out which Republicans FROM THEIR STATES are taking stimulus or have already created jobs.

Do a search from any search engine using phrases similair to: GOP takes credit for stimulus

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&fp=d4bbda87bf5c44b5&biw=1742&bih=882

----------------------------------

So the next time USMB Republicans say the stimulus created no jobs or was a failure, then please explain why so many of your leadership took hundreds of millions of dollars and created thousand and thousands of jobs.

In fact, how many of your presidential candidates took stimulus money? If you know about your candidates, how many took Obama's help? If you're going to vote for them, at least know what they are doing. Do I have to find out for you?

The Stimulus was mishandled.

It was like heroine used to get a prostitute to do your bidding. Once you get them hooked they start feeling withdrawal pains when the money stops coming in. It was meant simply to generate dependence.

Your post is all rhetoric and no facts.

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

gdp_recov.png

dow_jones_industrial_average_during_the_obama_administration.png

I don't get tired of seeing these graphs, but do you think it sinks in for the cons on this board?

It sinks in. It's clear that the Stimulus helped till the money ran out. Then, as the graph shows, the benefits of the Stimulus faded.

Most of the Stimulus went to bailouts. Now Obama needs more cash to keep bailing out banks and unions, so he's asking for $1.2 trillion more. He has to keep these people happy till the end of 2012. Then reality will hit us like a locomotive. Obama just used a tax-cut to make the GOP look like obstructionist. Pretty soon raising taxes will again become the new liberal line. Everyone has already forgotten about the "Please Raise My Taxes" nonsense. It'll be back.

I don't get tired of seeing these graphs, but do you think it sinks in for the cons on this board?

It sinks in. It's clear that the Stimulus helped till the money ran out. Then, as the graph shows, the benefits of the Stimulus faded.

Most of the Stimulus went to bailouts. Now Obama needs more cash to keep bailing out banks and unions, so he's asking for $1.2 trillion more. He has to keep these people happy till the end of 2012. Then reality will hit us like a locomotive. Obama just used a tax-cut to make the GOP look like obstructionist. Pretty soon raising taxes will again become the new liberal line. Everyone has already forgotten about the "Please Raise My Taxes" nonsense. It'll be back.

To combat the government spending? Yes, we will need to raise taxes.

You have no facts only personal insults.
I think you meant to direct that to derp.

Read post number 4. Those are facts. Unless, could it be? You don't know what a bridge is? Or what railroads are used for? Or how broadband helps business. You don't do you?

Like I said, must be rough.
No, life is easy for those who can take care of themselves. It's scary for those of you who need the government to make your decisions for you.

Okay, so you have no answer in your own words for my question. Let me help:

Once the money for a stimulus-funded job runs out, the job is gone.

Simple, huh? The only remaining question is: Is it simple enough for you to get it?

It simply doesn't occur to you to call for less government spending, does it?

I think you meant to direct that to derp.

Read post number 4. Those are facts. Unless, could it be? You don't know what a bridge is? Or what railroads are used for? Or how broadband helps business. You don't do you?

No, life is easy for those who can take care of themselves. It's scary for those of you who need the government to make your decisions for you.

Simple, huh? The only remaining question is: Is it simple enough for you to get it?

You like to call names but you really are a mental midget. Not a name, but a description.

The electricity you use was put there with temporary jobs. But to sustain it takes permanent jobs. Then there are all the companies and households that use that electricity. Are they all "temporary" too?

The road you hitchhike from was built with temporary jobs. But use permanent jobs to maintain it. And it's used to transport goods and services. Are those jobs temporary too?

The factory where your computer was built was created with temporary jobs. But the computers being made inside that factory are permanent jobs.

What part don't you get? Stop being so determined to be fucking ignorant. You can't have permanent jobs without temporary jobs. Do you even know what "infrastructure" means or are you determined to be ignorant about that too?

To make money you have to spend money. You want to tear shit down, but do nothing to build stuff up. Go live in a cave. It's where you belong.

You like to call names but you really are a mental midget. Not a name, but a description.

The electricity you use was put there with temporary jobs. But to sustain it takes permanent jobs. Then there are all the companies and households that use that electricity. Are they all "temporary" too?

The road you hitchhike from was built with temporary jobs. But use permanent jobs to maintain it. And it's used to transport goods and services. Are those jobs temporary too?

The factory where your computer was built was created with temporary jobs. But the computers being made inside that factory are permanent jobs.

What part don't you get? Stop being so determined to be fucking ignorant. You can't have permanent jobs without temporary jobs. Do you even know what "infrastructure" means or are you determined to be ignorant about that too?
It's really funny when someone who believes The Onion is a legit news source lectures others about ignorance. :lol:

The stimulus failed, derp. The pathetic insistence of you Obamabots that it saved us all is laughable.

But do keep it up. Actually, you have no choice but to comply with your programming.

To make money you have to spend money. You want to tear shit down, but do nothing to build stuff up. Go live in a cave. It's where you belong.
And here's another moron who thinks the government can't spend less money.

You serve your masters well, and you will be rewarded. At least, that's what they tell you. In reality, you will be thrown under the bus when your useful idiocy is no longer useful.

You serve your masters well, and you will be rewarded. At least, that's what they tell you. In reality, you will be thrown under the bus when your useful idiocy is no longer useful.

Cindy Sheehan
OWS
Olympia Snow

Of course not....

he's a winger

It's amazing how well you create your own reality.

The onion is a legitimate news source.

The government can't spend less money.

Too bad you can't use all that "creative imaginings" for something "useful". Weird the way you can't see the connection between "investment" and "growth". I guess sleeping in the living room of mom's "double wide" does that. She won't be around forever. Eventually, you will have to make it on your own. Then you know what? You will have to buy clean clothes. That will be called an "investment". Then you will have to walk down to Burger King and submit an application. They will never hire you the way you are now. And the government won't take care of you forever.

Too bad you can't use all that "creative imaginings" for something "useful". Weird the way you can't see the connection between "investment" and "growth". I guess sleeping in the living room of mom's "double wide" does that. She won't be around forever. Eventually, you will have to make it on your own. Then you know what? You will have to buy clean clothes. That will be called an "investment". Then you will have to walk down to Burger King and submit an application. They will never hire you the way you are now. And the government won't take care of you forever.

The Onion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Onion is an American news satire organization. It is an entertainment newspaper and a website featuring satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news

Cindy Sheehan
OWS
Olympia Snow
Indeed. :eusa_clap:

The Onion is an American news satire organization. It is an entertainment newspaper and a website featuring satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news

Deanie probably think that Media Matters is also a legitimate news source. :eusa_whistle:

Yes, that's what you claimed when you posted a story of theirs. Twice.
Yes, that's what you claimed when you criticized me for suggesting it.
Too bad you can't use all that "creative imaginings" for something "useful". Weird the way you can't see the connection between "investment" and "growth".
I do see the connection. You can't see that the government is not a permanent job creator.
I guess sleeping in the living room of mom's "double wide" does that. She won't be around forever. Eventually, you will have to make it on your own. Then you know what? You will have to buy clean clothes. That will be called an "investment". Then you will have to walk down to Burger King and submit an application. They will never hire you the way you are now. And the government won't take care of you forever.
More derp lies. You're the one advocating big, intrusive government. I say it's a bad thing -- and history proves I'm right. You depend on rewritten and distorted history to support your beliefs, and distorted data and outright lies to support your opinions.

You're a liar, derp. You're stupid, derp. You're a leftist. Pardon the redundancy.

You guys can make things up and attack me all you want. It's all you have. But still Republicans all across the US took hundreds of millions of stimulus money and created thousands of jobs ---> then lied about doing exactly that.

THAT is the "reality". You prove how bad you are for this country. The entire Republican party proves it by their "lack of any meaningful achievement". The only thing they can be proud of are back in the 50's when liberals were still part of the dreadful party. And you know that to be "true". You don't build anything. You don't grow anything. Just a party of death.

Forum List

Back