How Many People

Is Forced Participation an Entitlement?

• Total voters
SS is really pissing me off too.....I'm maybe 6 yrs from retirement, have had to pay into it since i was about 18 yrs old...and now hoping i'll get it!
I feel your pain...I am resigned to being without it. It isn't there only a huge pile of IOU's.

SS isn't drawing down its principal. Annual income plus interest income on the bonds is currently more than enough to fulfill payout obligations.

With minor adjustments that situation can be sustained.

THERE IS NO MONEY in there. Just a pile of IOU's

It's a forced contribution, not what is commonly considered an "entitlement.
But I'll tell you what. I've paid into it for 46 years. Damned straight, I'm entitled to it.

Both are burdens on the tax payer in different ways.

they sure are. so why don't we abolish them and let the citizen do with as they will with their own money. don't force participation and then bitch about "entitlements" you're not "entitled" unless you've been given a choice. I thought demoncraps were all about "choice"?
Only if you choose what they tell you to choose.

So you guys are saying car insurance and the draft are both unconstitutional?

What about forcing a woman to have a baby she doesn't want?

I think right wingers have things backwards. If someone get's sick then we have to take care of them. Oh wait, I forgot. There IS the Republican policy of "Let him die". Oops, sorry.

So you guys are saying car insurance and the draft are both unconstitutional?

What about forcing a woman to have a baby she doesn't want?

I think right wingers have things backwards. If someone get's sick then we have to take care of them. Oh wait, I forgot. There IS the Republican policy of "Let him die". Oops, sorry.

Car insurance is a choice...many choose not to buy it, and hope they don't ever have an accident. It is their choice.

I do believe the draft is unconstitutional....i'm against it because it's forcing people to do something they don't want to do, and if i was a soldier fighting in a war, i would want people fighting next to me that joined because they WANT to fight for their country.

Forcing a woman to have a baby she doesn't want??? Then she shouldn't have been screwing around without protection. Having no protection was HER choice. She has no right to take the life of another person. And don't get into women that are raped and get pregnant, i'm talking about a woman that knows what she's doing and just doesn't want the baby....adopting the baby out to a family is the best choice.

Forum List

Back