Votes: 6 60.0%
  • More than 3

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Saigon

Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
During you voting life, how many parties have you voted for in elections?

I appreciate that in the US there are not terribly many options, but even so....how many of us have only ever voted for one single party, and how many prefer to choose the most competent option, with less focus of partisanship?

Let's include all independents as a single party.

Also, is only ever voting for one party a good thing or a bad thing?

Here it's different, of course, because we have maybe 12 parties to choose from, 8 of whom will have some representation in parliament, and perhaps 6 who may play some role in government if they do well. Of those, I guess I have voted for 4 different parties over the years.

I've voted Dem, Rep and Indi.

I'm a registered Indi and I vote for the person and their ideas not the damned party.

I put more than 3 as I think I have protest voted Green or some other weird party, as well as dems/gop/independents

Amazing results - and impressive so far.

I thnk it's a great sign for democracy that people will support the best party/candidate at that time - not just back the same horse in every race.

I've only voted for a Democrat in the primaries, and that was so I can vote for the weaker democratic candidate.

Republican most frequently, but Democrat too and then there was Ross Perot and later Bob Barr. Three or four depending how you want to count.

I have voted Dem, Rep and Libertarian.
I vote for the person I think will do the best job supporting my views, I do not vote for a party.

I don't know if I've ever actually voted for a party.

They just seem to spring up spontaneously around me when I enter a room full of people.

Forum List

Back