How Many More Are Out There?

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Pulls a major Spitzer:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ggOMNiYSpZTuLxi2HKZs3rX1d6IAD90IL96G0

People in SI, where I worked for a time, not pleased. SI was the last place I worked before leaving NYC, and let me tell you, it ain't like the rest. It's closer to America. One judge had us stand to say the Pledge of Allegiance before the motions docket on Tuesdays. That don't happen in the Bronx, I can guarantee you.

Are politicians more horny that the rest of US, or do they just get caught more often and get their names in the press?

WASHINGTON - Embattled and embarrassed by the confession he fathered a child from an extramarital affair, New York Rep. Vito Fossella is facing public calls for his resignation. Secluded with his family, he must decide if he wants to keep his job badly enough to grapple with the lingering questions and fallout from the scandal.

In admitting the affair and a secret child Thursday, the Republican lawmaker indicated he planned to stay in Congress for months to come, but there are signs he could be out much sooner: House Minority Leader John Boehner pointedly said he expected Fossella to make a decision about his future this weekend.

Fossella's personal life came apart at the seams after police stopped him for running a red light last week and charged him with drunken-driving. The arrest fueled scrutiny which led to revelations of an affair with a former Air Force officer, and a 3-year-old daughter with her.

Not exactly a Prince Charming:

ugly.jpg

I can't help myself. My pee pee is this long.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080510/ap_on_go_co/congressman_affair

Who cares? Should we hold him to a higher standard than the former President of the United States?

This is about Fossella, not about Clinton...can't you stay on topic? :rofl:

Btw..I think he should resign, but not for the sex. The DUI is what bothers me.

Who cares? Should we hold him to a higher standard than the former President of the United States?

Frankly, I could care less if Fossella keeps his job. So yes, I have no problem holding them to the same standard. It's the Repubs asking him to step down b/c its the only republican seat in Congress from NYC and they're terrified of losing it. And the SI'ers, well, they might not vote for Fossella if he looks like less than a good Christian.

(Is that what you meant by SI "looking like America, WJ... white and Christian?)

In any event, Spitzer was different because of the money laundering and Mann Act allegations.... from someone who prosecuted that type of thing for a living.

Frankly, I could care less if Fossella keeps his job. So yes, I have no problem holding them to the same standard. It's the Repubs asking him to step down b/c its the only republican seat in Congress from NYC and they're terrified of losing it. And the SI'ers, well, they might not vote for Fossella if he looks like less than a good Christian.

(Is that what you meant by SI "looking like America, WJ... white and Christian?)

In any event, Spitzer was different because of the money laundering and Mann Act allegations.... from someone who prosecuted that type of thing for a living.

It's the Repubs asking him to step down b/c its the only republican seat in Congress from NYC and they're terrified of losing it.????

I don't get it...what are you trying to say?

The R's want him out, because they're terrified of losing the seat.....????

WTF are you saying..???? Does that make any sense to you?:cuckoo:

It's the Repubs asking him to step down b/c its the only republican seat in Congress from NYC and they're terrified of losing it.????

Its not really that hard. They don't want the electorate in that district to associate the Republicans with adultery and drunk driving come the next election.

If Fossella quits, the Republicans can get someone else to run for his seat. It's simple. And it should be obvious, even to you.

This is about Fossella, not about Clinton...can't you stay on topic? :rofl:

Btw..I think he should resign, but not for the sex. The DUI is what bothers me.

Yep. I am on topic. My response directly addressed the standard he is being held to, and not Bill Clinton specifically.

Since it has come to light he was part of the lynch mob after Bill, fuck him. I'm not going to defend him. He should hold himself to the same standard he held Clinton to.

I know you confuse easily, but that's fairly basic politics 101...

Its not really that hard. They don't want the electorate in that district to associate the Republicans with adultery and drunk driving come the next election.

Fat chance of that, but the R's are just dumb enough to think that...

[/b]

Fat chance of that, but the R's are just dumb enough to think that...

You did notice how after all the stories about Foley, Vitter, Craig, et al. the Republicans got their asses kicked in the last midterms, right? It wasn't a coincidence, and it wasn't any sudden love for the Democrats that made it happen.

I know you confuse easily, but that's fairly basic politics 101...

Aparently, alpha learned nothing from the Mark Foley scandal.

The GOP learned the predator was working the pages, but they didn't want to incure the extra expense of having a non-incumbent Republican campaign for Foley's seat. So they covered it up and persuaded Foley to run for re-election. Fortunately, the scandal popped a month before the election, and Foley resigned. But this left the new GOP candidate about a month to campaign, and a solidly GOP district now has a Democratic congressman.

Good times. :cool:

Forum List

Back