How Many Are Ready For Another RW TV Network?

If this happens and the new network cannibalizes the Foxnews audience, the first thing the Right will do is insist we add the two network audiences together when we talk about ratings.

On average I consider Fox News fair and balanced and would welcome a right wing TV station, even though I probably wouldn't watch it. There are several Fox programs that are too far right even for a conervative like me.

The news is factual and they always have liberal on the panel that they give him/her equal time without interruption.

I do occasionally watch a few minutes of the clowns on MSNBC for a few laughs.
Which shows do you find to be too far right wing for your tastes?

The news of every network is factual, so that isn't unique to the FOXNEWS. Don't you agree?

I don't watch the news on every network, so I cannot judge them all. I watch CBS, CNN and FOX and they all are factual. Their priorities are sometimes quite different at times.
First, the commentator shows on FOX that I like are Megan Kelly, Greta Van Susteran and Huckabee. The ones that I don't care for are Hannity and O'reilly.

Why are the righties and self-proclaimed Conservatives so silent on this?

I'd imagine you guys would hop, jump and skip for a new RW or self-proclaimed Conservative news network.

What gives...are you guys anti-capitalists?

There would be a fierce competition on who would be the most batshit crazy.

I take back my statement that not one USMB RWer commented on this situation, about a handful did from the very beginning.

Yet, too little considering the amount that are actively posting on USMB at all times of the day on all sorts of topics.

What can you expect? Republicans see anyone not them as "liberal". They use the word like a slur. Try to explain the Democratic Party is a coalition and you can hear the cricket noises issuing from their tiny heads. They are like the most superficial people in existence.

They have adopted a radical right wing strategy that the poor have it so well. Their own base is suffering. And they are enjoying it.

If this happens and the new network cannibalizes the Foxnews audience, the first thing the Right will do is insist we add the two network audiences together when we talk about ratings.

On average I consider Fox News fair and balanced and would welcome a right wing TV station, even though I probably wouldn't watch it. There are several Fox programs that are too far right even for a conervative like me.

The news is factual and they always have A liberal on the panel that they give him/her equal time without interruption.

Hmm... "The news is factual and they always have liberal on the panel..." doesn't sound like a news program you are commenting upon. Sounds more like opinion programs, which makes one question what you actually consider fair or balanced.

I left out A liberal on the panel.

ALL news programs interview guests during the news broadcasts. Fox news devotes a few minutes airing the opinions of a panel of guests after presenting the news. If the guests were all right wingers it would not be fair and balanced, but they aren't and they present both sides.

Are you referring to another "Fox" news channel - you know, the LEADER in all viewer ratings?
That one?
Actually...yes.

Are you ready for another RW news network the likes of the FOXNEWS?

Personally, I think it would be a great idea.

Because you see it as a segmenting of the Conservative voter base.

And I can't think of a reason you'd be wrong.

In effect, copying the strategy the also-rans used in the Primaries against Mitt Romney.

When the general election took place just enough Conservative voters had been sufficiently dissuaded from getting up and going to the polls for Mitt.

Well, it wasn't for Mitt they'd have been voting.

It was for themselves. For America.

Are you referring to another "Fox" news channel - you know, the LEADER in all viewer ratings?
That one?
Actually...yes.

In effect, copying the strategy the also-rans used in the Primaries against Mitt Romney.

When the general election took place just enough Conservative voters had been sufficiently dissuaded from getting up and going to the polls for Mitt.

As it stands right now, the FOXNEWS has a monopoly on RW news.

I support capitlisam, I thought folks like yourself did too.

Why not support capitalism and more options in the marketplace?

Your statement about segmenting the vote suggests that FOXNEWS is a Republican tool for getting their target audience to vote in lock-step. I don't see how it can be read any other way.

BTW, I disagree with that concept. The RW has being going gangbusters on the radio, there are all sorts of RW nutjobs on the radio airwaves and new ones popping up all the time and they're all doing fairly well for themselves.

So much so, that in some marketplaces you can find 2, sometimes 3 AM stations playing the SAME EXACT RW talk show, like Rush Limbaugh at a given time.

I don't see why TV would be any different.

Actually...yes.

Your statement about segmenting the vote suggests that FOXNEWS is a Republican tool for getting their target audience to vote in lock-step. I don't see how it can be read any other way.

BTW, I disagree with that concept. The RW has being going gangbusters on the radio, there are all sorts of RW nutjobs on the radio airwaves and new ones popping up all the time and they're all doing fairly well for themselves.

So much so, that in some marketplaces you can find 2, sometimes 3 AM stations playing the SAME EXACT RW talk show, like Rush Limbaugh at a given time.

I haven't watched it, but isn't Glenn Beck and his BLAZE TV network RW?

Somewhat, but he's going the Internet route.

I believe I heard whispers of him trying to get it to cable, but I don't think much has panned out on that front...at least not yet.

I hope he gets his network on cable, I hope another RWer also gets something going on cable as well.

A few years ago there were whispers that Kellsey Grammer was working on developing a RW network the likes of the FOXNEWS for cable. Last I heard that he abandoned the idea. I wish he hadn't.

Who'd you like seeing run another RW network on cable?

I believe I heard whispers of him trying to get it to cable, but I don't think much has panned out on that front...at least not yet.

I hope he gets his network on cable, I hope another RWer also gets something going on cable as well.

A few years ago there were whispers that Kellsey Grammer was working on developing a RW network the likes of the FOXNEWS for cable. Last I heard that he abandoned the idea. I wish he hadn't.

Sarah Palin! :D

With her co-host Dan Quayle. Think of the entertainment value. But they'd have to run a continuous chyron of all the e-mails and tweets that came in, uncensored.
That's a ratings winner. Trust me.

Seriously I wouldn't mind if all the TV networks in the country blew up simultaneously and never came back. Television is nothing but a propaganda device.

Sarah Palin! :D

With her co-host Dan Quayle. Think of the entertainment value. But they'd have to run a continuous chyron of all the e-mails and tweets that came in, uncensored.
That's a ratings winner. Trust me.

Seriously I wouldn't mind if all the TV networks in the country blew up simultaneously and never came back. Television is nothing but a propaganda device.

How would I watch my football and hockey then? :(

Why does information scare the left so much?
WTF are you talking about?

I'm here ADVOCATING for MORE information...with a RW perspective of all things.

Have you lost your cotton pickin' mind!?!?!

I'd imagine you guys would hop, jump and skip for a new RW or self-proclaimed Conservative news network.

Maybe because you are troll with an asinine question.

FNC already has more viewers than CNN, HLN and MSNBC combined, it has the best looking female (and male) anchors, commentators and contributors, it has the most objective and impartial news reporters and unlike those others I mentioned, FNC personnel are not seeped in hate, racism and personal attacks and insults on all those who have the nerve to disagree with them.

Another channel with honesty and integrity would not change or influence the viewers. Nor would it influence those other channels who are obviously and clearly lacking both.

What's quite clear is that whichever of the two networks could hire the dumbest blondes possible would win out.

Pretty much ALL those so-called dumb blondes have a legitimate law degree or equivalent.

What qualifies you to be the judge of those ladies?

The fact that you are UGLY and REAL dumb?

There would be a fierce competition on who would be the most batshit crazy.

Kind of like the competition between Al Sharpton, Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Karen Finney, Ed Schultz, Joe Scarboro, etc. etc.

In the spirit of equality they all claim to endorse, they are ALL winners for the bat shit crazy title, leaving those on FNC in their dust. And I don't mean RATINGS.

The news is factual and they always have liberal on the panel that they give him/her equal time without interruption.

Hmm... "The news is factual and they always have liberal on the panel..." doesn't sound like a news program you are commenting upon. Sounds more like opinion programs, which makes one question what you actually consider fair or balanced.

Show me a link where Bret Baier or Shepard Smith reported news in a biased and non-objective manner. Show me a news clip on other channels that was not reported by either.

So much for news programs.

Now, show a FNC OPINION show where there is not at least one liberal voice.
Then show me an MSNBC opinion show where there IS any conservative voice.

I just checked and BLAZE is on channel 212 on Dish Network and I suspect it is on DIRECTV as well. I don't know about cable.

How about Sarah Palin?

In the vein of capitalism and anti-monopoly's isn't it about time we had another RW news network?

What say you?

Yay or nay?

we only need one and it is kicking the lefts ass all day long :cool:

Show me a link where Bret Baier or Shepard Smith reported news in a biased and non-objective manner. Show me a news clip on other channels that was not reported by either.

So much for news programs.

Now, show a FNC OPINION show where there is not at least one liberal voice.
Then show me an MSNBC opinion show where there IS any conservative voice.

Here is a news clip from the Washington Times. It was mentioned on FOX news. Tell me when you see it on ANY other main stream channel. It is about race!

The Obama administration filed a federal hate-crimes charge Thursday against a man whom authorities accused of using the “knockout game” to target a black man, videotaping it, and then bragging about the assault to strangers.
The charge marks the first time the administration has taken action on a “knockout” case after the game became an Internet and media phenomenon. It chose a case in which the person accused is white, even though most other cases reported in the news have involved black assailants.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...charge-white-knockout-suspect-/#ixzz2ogYwPNDS

Forum List

Back