How Low Can the TEAMSTERS go?

NOW YOU GOT IT!! :clap2:

Except that you are NOT "required" to join the Teamsters to drive a truck.

They are not required by law, but they are De Facto required by the system! Especially in Blue States like Illinois!

Sigh. No, I'm sorry. They are not. :eusa_hand:

There are at least two very large trucking companies close to me that are 100% non-union. (G&D, Star Trucking)

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say

They are not required by law, but they are De Facto required by the system! Especially in Blue States like Illinois!

Sigh. No, I'm sorry. They are not. :eusa_hand:

There are at least two very large trucking companies close to me that are 100% non-union. (G&D, Star Trucking)

Can you tell? I'm used to it by now. :eusa_whistle:

This ain't my first rodeo. I gravitated over here from another political chat site. I corrected a lot of lies, half-truths and misconceptions there about unions, too. And then they resort to lying. And, like there, when you nail them down they turn on you, get mad and make it personal. I've already seen it on this site.

It's like Harry Truman once said, "I don't give 'em hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell".

I am right leaning, but I think there are many areas the government should run vs the private sector. Education for example. But one place FORESURE is product testing and food inspection! Regardless of popular belief I think they do a stellar job and wouldn't trust a private company with this!

"OH PLEASE! These SAME products passed Federal Testing! "

Wingnuts just love their Nanny Govt and believe everything she tells them. The Mommy govt would never lie to their precious angels :cuckoo:

LMAO!!!!! That sure did sound naive on their part, didn't it?

So let me ask....do they trust everything that "passes Federal Testing"? Children are killed every year by supposed "safe tested" products. But that doesn't mean that every single piece gets tested or new dangers aren't discovered.

I'm sure that Toyota deemed their cars safe until people started getting killed by sticking accelerators.

OH PLEASE! These SAME products passed Federal Testing! These same products are sold right down the way at Walmart, Target, local toy stores, Walgreens etc, but of course the target Toys-R-Us, because they had the SMARTS to tell you Union Thugs to go fuck yourselfs!

Why do it now? Why not bring this up before the holiday push so they could have forced TRU to sell other goods? Because they don't give a crap! They will find a so-called scientist to make BULL SHIT Claims!

American Unions are worst than the Red Army!

As usual, it makes better headlines when only half the story is told. But where FOX is concerned I don't find it surprising.

Teamsters, Safety and Health Activist Groups Protest Toys R Us' Failure to Phase... -- NEW YORK, July 22 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Wingnuts just love their Nanny Govt and believe everything she tells them. The Mommy govt would never lie to their precious angels :cuckoo:

I am right leaning, but I think there are many areas the government should run vs the private sector. Education for example. But one place FORESURE is product testing and food inspection! Regardless of popular belief I think they do a stellar job and wouldn't trust a private company with this!

LMAO!!!!! That sure did sound naive on their part, didn't it?

So let me ask....do they trust everything that "passes Federal Testing"? Children are killed every year by supposed "safe tested" products. But that doesn't mean that every single piece gets tested or new dangers aren't discovered.

I'm sure that Toyota deemed their cars safe until people started getting killed by sticking accelerators.

OH PLEASE! These SAME products passed Federal Testing! These same products are sold right down the way at Walmart, Target, local toy stores, Walgreens etc, but of course the target Toys-R-Us, because they had the SMARTS to tell you Union Thugs to go fuck yourselfs!

Why do it now? Why not bring this up before the holiday push so they could have forced TRU to sell other goods? Because they don't give a crap! They will find a so-called scientist to make BULL SHIT Claims!

American Unions are worst than the Red Army!

Only a moron wingnut like you would fail to tell the difference between "The govt should do a good job of inspecting products" and "The govt IS DOING a good job of inspecting products":cuckoo:

Sounds about right for the unions. All they care about is their dues.

I think today is a good day to shop at torys r us.
There are two sides to every story and I don't think we know the full story from the Teamsters' side. If the union is at war with a $54b corporate Goliath I have no problem with them aiming for the nuts.

While it's true that all unions are concerned with bringing in dues, the Teamsters being no exception, America would be a very different place without them and the power they assert in pushing back against powerful employers.

My son-in-law drives for UPS and he pays hefty dues to the Teamsters. But were it not for that union he would not be able to afford the house he owns, the car he owns, or to support his family as well as he does. He'd be working for less than half what he earns now and he'd have none of the benefits.

Most unions have warts but before condemning them give some thought to where the the American middle class would be without them. Because the bottom line is the middle class wouldn't exist without the unions!

Sounds about right for the unions. All they care about is their dues.

I think today is a good day to shop at torys r us.
There are two sides to every story and I don't think we know the full story from the Teamsters' side. If the union is at war with a $54b corporate Goliath I have no problem with them aiming for the nuts.

While it's true that all unions are concerned with bringing in dues, the Teamsters being no exception, America would be a very different place without them and the power they assert in pushing back against powerful employers.

My son-in-law drives for UPS and he pays hefty dues to the Teamsters. But were it not for that union he would not be able to afford the house he owns, the car he owns, or to support his family as well as he does. He'd be working for less than half what he earns now and he'd have none of the benefits.

Most unions have warts but before condemning them give some thought to where the the American middle class would be without them. Because the bottom line is the middle class wouldn't exist without the unions!

:clap2:

Hummm I work for a large corporation and I get paid rather well, with great benefits!

Toyota and Honda don't have Unions fucking their business up and their workers do quite fine!

You give the Unions way too much credit, but then again your a liberal with no brains, so that is typical!

The Teamsters are bad news but not red army bad. We cannot forget about the workers that make up these unions. They are hard working middle class people who deserve constant employment with un-changing benefits. Fact.

Hummm I work for a large corporation and I get paid rather well, with great benefits!

Toyota and Honda don't have Unions fucking their business up and their workers do quite fine!

You give the Unions way too much credit, but then again your a liberal with no brains, so that is typical!

Are you that fucking stupid that you can't see it? And just WHY do you think Honda and Toyota workers "do just fine"? Because the Corporate Bosses want to keep the UAW out!!

"Toyota pays high wages in part to avoid the UAW," Shaiken said, adding that economists would refer to Toyota's high wages as the "union threat effect," meaning companies pay union-comparable wages to fend off organizing efforts and the risk of a strike.

UAW Losing Pay Edge: Foreign Automakers' Bonuses Boost Wages in U.S. Plants as Detroit Car Companies Struggle: aftermarket News

Those workers making foreign brand cars ought to be kissing the UAW's ass because they wouldn't have it nearly as good if their owners weren't so worried about the UAW.

Are you that fucking stupid that you can't see it? And just WHY do you think Honda and Toyota workers "do just fine"? Because the Corporate Bosses want to keep the UAW out!!

"Toyota pays high wages in part to avoid the UAW," Shaiken said, adding that economists would refer to Toyota's high wages as the "union threat effect," meaning companies pay union-comparable wages to fend off organizing efforts and the risk of a strike.

UAW Losing Pay Edge: Foreign Automakers' Bonuses Boost Wages in U.S. Plants as Detroit Car Companies Struggle: aftermarket News

Those workers making foreign brand cars ought to be kissing the UAW's ass because they wouldn't have it nearly as good if their owners weren't so worried about the UAW.

The GM, Ford and Chrysler issues caused by the UAW is more than competitive wages! Its more on the lines with the proven unsustainable and company killing pension and retiree benefit plans! The UAW uses strong arm tactics to get both! Both where the 10,000 lb gorilla in the room that sunk those companies requiring bailouts!

The UAW doesn't allow the Big Three to adapt to signs of the time! Adapt wages to economic times as an example. Honda, Toyota and Nissan aren't strong armed by these Bolsheviks and have flexibility to run their company the American way (even though they are Japanese companies!)!

The GM, Ford and Chrysler issues caused by the UAW is more than competitive wages! Its more on the lines with the proven unsustainable and company killing pension and retiree benefit plans! The UAW uses strong arm tactics to get both! Both where the 10,000 lb gorilla in the room that sunk those companies requiring bailouts!

The UAW doesn't allow the Big Three to adapt to signs of the time! Adapt wages to economic times as an example. Honda, Toyota and Nissan aren't strong armed by these Bolsheviks and have flexibility to run their company the American way (even though they are Japanese companies!)!

Wingnuts never defend their own words. They always run from their own words when challenged

This wingnut started out arguing that unions werent needed for workers to get paid well. Since he pwned, the wingnut changes his argument from pay to pensions and retiree benefit plans.

Even the wingnuts won't defend their inane ideas

I swear the ignorance on this board on unions is unfuckingbelievable.

The United Auto Workers said members voted overwhelmingly to accept concessions with General Motors Corp. as the U.S. automaker moves toward bankruptcy.

UAW members voted 74 percent in favor of the deal that includes giving up cost-of-living raises and performance bonuses and one paid holiday in 2010 and 2011.

The deal also suspends tuition assistance and dental coverage, and reduces prescription drug coverage, the Detroit News reported Friday.

"It was a tough, but necessary vote," Local 599 leader Terry Everman in Flint, Mich., told the newspaper.

UAW approves GM concessions - UPI.com

Yeah, that sure sounds like "strong arm" tactics to me!! :lol:

I just love it when someone says.... "we must adapt wages to economic times". I'm sure you would be just peachy if your muti-billion dollar company walked up to you and said, "We need to cut your wages and benefits to survive. Oh by the way, be sure to congratulate the CEO on his generous wage increase the board just approved."

I love it even more when I am told "we need to cut wages to compete in the global market". Ok...fine. Then let's cut all of our wages to $2.00 per hour and reduce our standard of living to that of 3rd world nations.

You and daveman must be cut from the same cloth. He was saying the most wonderfully stupid things against unions in another thread. So I handed his ass to him.

The United Auto Workers said members voted overwhelmingly to accept concessions with General Motors Corp. as the U.S. automaker moves toward bankruptcy.

UAW members voted 74 percent in favor of the deal that includes giving up cost-of-living raises and performance bonuses and one paid holiday in 2010 and 2011.

The deal also suspends tuition assistance and dental coverage, and reduces prescription drug coverage, the Detroit News reported Friday.

"It was a tough, but necessary vote," Local 599 leader Terry Everman in Flint, Mich., told the newspaper.

I just love it when someone says.... "we must adapt wages to economic times". I'm sure you would be just peachy if your muti-billion dollar company walked up to you and said, "We need to cut your wages and benefits to survive. Oh by the way, be sure to congratulate the CEO on his generous wage increase the board just approved."

I love it even more when I am told "we need to cut wages to compete in the global market". Ok...fine. Then let's cut all of our wages to $2.00 per hour and reduce our standard of living to that of 3rd world nations.

You and daveman must be cut from the same cloth. He was saying the most wonderfully stupid things against unions in another thread. So I handed his ass to him.

So you agree that the rediculous demands that the UAW insisted upon and threatened strike over to ahceive in the past played a mjor role in the donfall of GM and in an effort to help keep it going, they had to take a hit to their overall package.

I wonder how GM and Chrysler would have been if those rediculous contracts didnt exist to begin with.

Thanks for enlightening us. There have been some pretty heated debtes on here about those union contracts. Thanks for the info that proved that they were outageous.

This is an attack on Private Equity.

One of the unintended consequences of the Left's delusional attacks on business and the thoroughly misguided Sarbanes Oxley regulations the trend of public companies going private.

Unions are able to bully public companies via the shareholder voting process and public relations efforts. Private Equity is immune from this, unless they wish to take a company public at some point. Consider this a shot over the bow at KKR that they had better submit to union pressure... Or Else.

Unions have been attempting to organize workers in big box stores for years.
Union managers think they are owed something. They have high expectations of being automatically accepted into places of employment.
Most retailers have been successful at resisting organization of workers.
Hopefully the unions can be kept out.
Otherwise the result would be higher consumer prices and poor service.
Imagine a customer consulting with an associate about a particular item. The associate looks at his watch and tells the customer "time for my coffee break"...
Yeah, that will work.

So you agree that the rediculous demands that the UAW insisted upon and threatened strike over to ahceive in the past played a mjor role in the donfall of GM and in an effort to help keep it going, they had to take a hit to their overall package.

I wonder how GM and Chrysler would have been if those rediculous contracts didnt exist to begin with.

Thanks for enlightening us. There have been some pretty heated debtes on here about those union contracts. Thanks for the info that proved that they were outageous.

It wasn't easy with your lousy spelling but I think I understand what you're trying to say.

The point I was making and you failed to understand (your comprehension is as bad as your spelling) is the Unions will bargain for more benefits when their company is doing well and will take cuts to help the company get over rough spots.

You make enjoy working a job where the only way to advance is to suck off the boss but you obviously don't have the same amount of dignity as most people.

Boss..You
:suck:

Apparently the glutter isn't low enough for them, these scumbags go way below that!

These scumbags are FALSELY attacking Toys-R-Us, because Toys-R-Us's parent company is making the smart choice of moving away from the HIGHLY over-paid, lazy, always outrageous demands, bloated pension fund receiving, killing American business and communist styled Teamsters and going elsewhere!
Your first clue this news is bullshit?

Ya' got it from FAUX Noise. :rolleyes:

"Two years ago, Toys R Us made parents a promise to reduce the use of toxic PVC in children's toys. Our tests show that Toys R Us has broken that promise," said Lois Gibbs, Executive Director of the Center for Health, Environment & Justice. "As a grandmother, I have to watch out for PVC toys on my grandbabies' Christmas lists. Santa should never have to say no because a toy is made out of a poison plastic. There should only be toys under the Christmas tree; not toxic additives like organotins."

Last edited:

Oh please spare us the "woe is us" nonsense.
The UAW has had the US auto co's over a barrel for 60 years.
There never was a anything resembling a negotiation for a contract. It was a mugging.
Now the gravy train is at a permanent halt and you people are crying like little school girls.
Sorry, but no way is a factory worker worth ovr $70( wages and bennies included). Especially in light of the fact that non-union plants make better quality more reliable autos and the employee labor cost is about 60% of UAW.
100% paid medical. 100% paid pension. Double time and half for working a holiday...Please.
Look, you union people are absent of the real world where workers are paid based on merit, productivity, where the guy next to you who achieves a higher standard of performance gets a wage increase while the guy who "puts in his time" is left behind and is eventually replaced.
Unions create complacency and mediocrity.
It's over....7% and dropping. That's all!

Oh please spare us the "woe is us" nonsense.
The UAW has had the US auto co's over a barrel for 60 years.
There never was a anything resembling a negotiation for a contract. It was a mugging.
Now the gravy train is at a permanent halt and you people are crying like little school girls.
Sorry, but no way is a factory worker worth ovr $70( wages and bennies included). Especially in light of the fact that non-union plants make better quality more reliable autos and the employee labor cost is about 60% of UAW.
100% paid medical. 100% paid pension. Double time and half for working a holiday...Please.
Look, you union people are absent of the real world where workers are paid based on merit, productivity, where the guy next to you who achieves a higher standard of performance gets a wage increase while the guy who "puts in his time" is left behind and is eventually replaced.
Unions create complacency and mediocrity.
It's over....7% and dropping. That's all!

Uh-huh. I have one advantage over you. I know a LOT of people in non-union shops. You ain't shitting anybody. Wages averaging $15 an hour, no health insurance, no sick days, no pension and no advance unless you "know someone" (and kiss their ass) and their companies are all making great profits.

In my power plant I get all those things and the company is making record profits every year. We work our asses off and not everybody can handle the work, the heat, the swing shift and working most holidays, probably you included.

C'mon now. Admit it. They, like you, would kill to have my job. You can only wish you were me (if you could handle the work).

So go on crying about how good we have it and how bad you have it. God knows if you had the chance you'd JUMP on a union job. :lol:

Forum List

Back