How long does it take a two star

Bergdahl will be read his rights against self-incrimination. The 28-year-old is expected to answer Dahl’s questions, but Bergdahl’s attorney may halt the questioning at any time.
He'll halt the questioning when they get into the Classified reason he was "captured" in the first place.

Bergdahl and his Father speak Farsi so I think Bergdahl was a "double agent" of sorts sent in to get Intel by claiming he'd defected but the Taliban didn't go for it and just held him prisoner.

Why else would the US trade 5 Terrorists for him?

Bergdahl will be read his rights against self-incrimination. The 28-year-old is expected to answer Dahl’s questions, but Bergdahl’s attorney may halt the questioning at any time.
He'll halt the questioning when they get into the Classified reason he was "captured" in the first place.

Bergdahl and his Father speak Farsi so I think Bergdahl was a "double agent" of sorts sent in to get Intel by claiming he'd defected but the Taliban didn't go for it and just held him prisoner.

Or he was doubled back by his captors and was bait to get the Talibam guys released. WHich is more likely. No indication Bergdahl had any spycraft training prior to serving.

I'm thinking he gets convicted of desertion but the sex change operation gets approved.

He will not likely be charged with or convicted of desertion, because desertion is too hard to prove. One of the elements of desertion is the intent to return to duty, and that is almost unprovable. Who knows what someone's future intent is?

He will probably be charged with AWOL, and possiblly giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

He will probably receive a reduction in rank to private, forfeiture of pay and benefits, and a less than honorable discharge.

I suspected this from the start which is why I never really criticized Obama for this trade.

Forum List

Back