How long before Scalia asked to step down?

Wow, the pure racist hatred in this thread is really disturbing. And it's a classic example of how the Republican party has devolved into shit. Apparently too many of you so called conservatives can't find a way to oppose affirmative action without simply hating black people. It's pathetic.

Affirmative Action is wrong. Schools should not recruit black people just to have more black people. But Scalia's comments are deeply disturbing. He is venturing into separate but equal territory, and pitching an even uglier 'racially separate because racially unequal' tent. The worst part is that Scalia isn't saying these things because he has some kind of hatred for black people (unlike some of the posters in this thread). He sincerely believes that what he is advocating for would be an act of empathy and compassion.

I have respected Scalia for a long time. But I really think his mind is falling apart nowadays.

Scalia, like Kagan, is nothing more than a homer for his side.

Alito, on the other hand, is a real danger: he would have no problem with a right wing dictatorship.

That asshole Ginsburg is performing gay marriages before it hears a case on gay marriage.

Ginsberg performs legal services, and to you that's an issue.

It's a bigger issue than Scalia exercising his right to free speech.

So, if it's not a....the OP is a fart.
How does me saying redneck tards are uneducated stupid fucks. While I may believe that doesn't make it true because it's a matter of opinion. Some would say all it does is incite violence and protest. Glad I'm more classy than that.
Not as stupid as n I g g e r s like yourself.
Wow, a right wing racist. Almost a surprise.

When people speak the truth about certain ethnic minorities other people seem to get upset. I guess we can all just say a nice lie that blacks are not given bonus points on entrance exams that allow them to take the place of people who actually passed them. We won't mention the fact that a great deal of liberals seem to think that the only way blacks can make it is a hand out from the white man. We won't mention how great liberals feel when they do that and how they expect blacks to be grateful for all they have done for them. It is OK to call your liberal neighbor 'sir' and 'thank you ma'am' then because the white man has done so much for you. He has done things for you that you could never have done for yourself because you are a bunch of _iggers.
Why do Republicans think everything is a hand out when they get so much from the government?

For some historical perspective the former KKK member appointed to the supreme court by FDR, wrote the decision that authorized the president to imprison Japanese American citizens without due process. A couple of years later the same Justice (Hugo Black) wrote the opinion that established the modern separation of church and state which had no basis in Constitutional law.

That asshole Ginsburg is performing gay marriages before it hears a case on gay marriage.

How does me saying redneck tards are uneducated stupid fucks. While I may believe that doesn't make it true because it's a matter of opinion. Some would say all it does is incite violence and protest. Glad I'm more classy than that.

Class is what you missed most of your life.

Your first sentence isn't a sentence. But someone else is stupid ?

Dickweed.

When people speak the truth about certain ethnic minorities other people seem to get upset. I guess we can all just say a nice lie that blacks are not given bonus points on entrance exams that allow them to take the place of people who actually passed them. We won't mention the fact that a great deal of liberals seem to think that the only way blacks can make it is a hand out from the white man. We won't mention how great liberals feel when they do that and how they expect blacks to be grateful for all they have done for them. It is OK to call your liberal neighbor 'sir' and 'thank you ma'am' then because the white man has done so much for you. He has done things for you that you could never have done for yourself because you are a bunch of _iggers.
Why do Republicans think everything is a hand out when they get so much from the government?

Just because they get it, does not mean it isn't a handout.

What kind of logic did you study in at the Spongebob institute ?

You watch, he will become an issue in the next election.

You don't ask Supreme Court Justices to "step down", you moron! If you want one removed you have to impeach them and the grounds for that are Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. You can't impeach a sitting Supreme Court Justice because you don't agree with his views.

This is among your dumbest strings, R-Derp...and that's saying something!

Make him all the issue you want. His appointment is still valid for life, unless you care to try to impeach him.

Not any precedent for asking a sitting Justice to "step down" if he doesn't want to. We've had some real beauties on the Supreme Court, and only one Justice has ever been impeached, and even he was acquitted by the Senate (Samuel Chase, for being openly, brazenly political and partisan from the bench).

James Clark McReynolds was so anti-Semitic that when Louis Brandeis was appointed as the first Jewish Supreme Court Justice, McReynolds refused to speak to him for three years.

There have been federal judges with lifetime appointments who were insane, senile, or tweaked out on drugs, and they still died in office.

What a limp wrist commentator in that video

It's time we stopped this affirmative action shit anyway

A grade is a grade there should be no manipulation and the numbers should stand for themselves

If colleges didn't grade on a curve then we could actually debate this subject honestly but until then it seems all we're going to get is people whining about their willtle feewings getting hurt

Not as stupid as n I g g e r s like yourself.
Wow, a right wing racist. Almost a surprise.
Not a racist just telling the truth. You calling people red necks. Your a n I g g e r, truth hurts?

You don't ask Supreme Court Justices to "step down", you moron! If you want one removed you have to impeach them and the grounds for that are Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. You can't impeach a sitting Supreme Court Justice because you don't agree with his views.

This is among your dumbest strings, R-Derp...and that's saying something!

They don't all die in office. Many times they "retire" or, as some say, "STEP DOWN".

And you call ME stupid?

I have no problem with free speech, whats your fucking problem, are you offended? To Fucking Bad! I have to tolerate your mindless babble and constant bullshit. rdean there are several country's that fit your political ideology maybe you should grow a pair of balls and pack your bag.
free speech doesn't mean that you aren't accountable for your words or that you can say whatever you want without others being able to voice their opinion on your idiocy.

and on the thread topic - he does need to step down. i doubt that he could be impeached because the political will isn't there.

but it doesn't really matter. his votes are never in doubt, you can count on him to take the partisan position every single time - which sort of makes him irrelevant.

Forum List

Back