How liberals and Conservatives see the poor......

I can't believe conservatives take absolute bullshit like that article seriously.

The truth is the truth........just because you have borg implants and can't see it, isn't my fault......
So I guess the GOP must be cut from the same rug as they have never dismantled the welfare state when in power, I guess they needed the votes...

They don't dismantle it because they're the one's that really create this so called welfare state, with their constant trickle down bullshit economy they keep creating.

I think liberals see the poor as victims. Victims the rest of us should support.

Personally I'm not interested in bankrolling some asshole who made wrong decision in life or some dipship of a woman with a pack of illegitimate kids.

I believe in personal responsibility and people taking care of themselves and I sure dont' want my hard earned tax dollar being used to support all those freeloaders who've been playing the system for years.

Get rid of welfare and all those other social services that the Dems have foisted on the American taxpayer. Get rid of em and see how long it takes all the freeloaders to take care of themselves. After all that free ride will be done and they will have no other choice.

Republicans treat everyone the same

Like they are wealthy, white christians

I think liberals see the poor as victims. Victims the rest of us should support.

Personally I'm not interested in bankrolling some asshole who made wrong decision in life or some dipship of a woman with a pack of illegitimate kids.

I believe in personal responsibility and people taking care of themselves and I sure dont' want my hard earned tax dollar being used to support all those freeloaders who've been playing the system for years.

Get rid of welfare and all those other social services that the Dems have foisted on the American taxpayer. Get rid of em and see how long it takes all the freeloaders to take care of themselves. After all that free ride will be done and they will have no other choice.

Actually, it comes down to helping people who need help

Why is that so offensive to conservatives?

I'm not interested in bankrolling the same assholes you mentioned either. However, I'm not willing to punish the majority, which is children and the elderly, in order to teach the bums a lesson. Sure, some undeserving people receive more than they should. Fix that. Don't punish the truly deserving.

Sorry but no one is deserving of my hard earned money.

The word Charity isn't in the constitution. The FF never envisioned citizens being forced to support other citizens.

Thats what charities are for.

On wait. I forgot. Loads of charities are no longer in business because those idiots in Govt decided that we the taxpayer should now provide charity for all those DESERVING people. Never mind.

The word Charity isn't in the constitution. The FF never envisioned citizens being forced to support other citizens.

On wait. I forgot. Loads of charities are no longer in business because those idiots in Govt decided that we the taxpayer should now provide charity for all those DESERVING people. Never mind.

Those charities exist because of MY tax dollars. But, I'm sure that's ok with you.

On this day in 2002, President George W. Bush announces his plan to federally fund faith-based initiatives.

Bush started his day at a National Prayer Breakfast held in the ballroom of the Washington Hilton Hotel, where he explained the basic philosophy behind his plan. In service to others, he said, we find deep human fulfillment. And as acts of service are multiplied, our nation becomes a more welcoming place. Later that day, he announced the new policy from the Oval Office with leading members of Congress and the press in attendance. Bush proposed that faith-based organizations should assume a greater role in providing social-service programs without breaching the separation of church and state. He suggested that government should not discriminate against faith-based programs, but it should encourage them to flourish. Under his plan, religious groups could receive federal funding to implement programs usually carried out by secular non-profit organizations.
President George W. Bush announces plan for faith-based initiatives - Feb 07 2002 - HISTORY.com

The Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships HHS.gov

Partnering with the Federal Government Some Do s and Don ts for Faith-Based Organizations

Those charities exist because of MY tax dollars. But, I'm sure that's ok with you.

It would be okay with me if my dollars weren't used. Fine by me if you and all likeminded want to bankroll all those DESERVING folks.

Just found this piece about the difference between liberals and conservatives and how they see the poor....

The Liberal Vision For The Poor Vs. The Conservative Vision For The Poor - John Hawkins - Page 1

When liberals look at the poor, first and foremost, they see people who will vote for them in exchange for goodies. This gives liberals a perverse incentive to keep as many Americans mired in poverty as humanly possible.

This is why liberals are always willing to make a government handout a little bigger, easier to qualify for, or to make sure as many people as possible are using it. They want poor people to remain poor – and no wonder. Show me a ghetto in America and I will show you an area that votes heavily Democrat despite the fact that its condition never seems to improve.

Incidentally, that’s just how liberals like it. If you’re poor today, they’d like you to remain poor next year, the next ten years or even for the rest of your life. Then, not only do liberals get your vote, they get to feel better about themselves because they’re “helping” a “pitiful, helpless failure” like you. It’s the best of all worlds for liberals: they get to feel “generous,” it helps keep them in power, and other people pick up the bill.

And how the conservatives see the poor......

On the other hand, conservatives don’t believe anyone is destined to remain poor.

We believe if you make good decisions, work hard and are willing to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps, you can at least join the middle class. Unlike the Democrats, Republicans get most of their votes from the middle class; so unlike them, we’re incentivized to help poor Americans improve their situation financially. The same poor person who won’t vote Republican today may vote for the GOP tomorrow if he is off the dole, has a better job and is living in a better neighborhood.

So conservatives do believe in a social safety net, but we believe it should be temporary. We don’t want anyone to become dependent on the government or to take advantage of the system. In other words, we don’t want the safety net to become a hammock.

That’s why we want people to work for welfare, think drug addicts should be ineligible and believe there should be limits to how long someone can stay on a program.

We agree with Ronald Reagan who once said, "I believe the best social program is a job."

Instead of the whip and the chain, the liberals have created the soft manacles of government dependence....

Straw Man. Of course Republican are also for handouts. They have just done theirs through the tax code so that it is mandatory spending instead of discretionary. When you hear about 47% of tax units paying no taxes (and many of those getting fat refunds), that was GOP legislation that made that happen.

We the People have decided we want to take care of the needy in this country

Forum List

Back