How Is the Economy Doing Under President Trump?

Obama was born in the USA. Even your messiah has given up the birther shit.
Trump had 16 months. Did nothing. Case closed.
In his heart he was never an American...he will always be the Kenyan bastard....fake birth cert and all....

Obama was born in the USA. Even your messiah has given up the birther shit.
Trump had 16 months. Did nothing. Case closed.
In his heart he was never an American...he will always be the Kenyan bastard....fake birth cert and all....

Man, having a black President really fucked you up. Can’t wait to see how you react when we get a female president….

Man, having a black President really fucked you up. Can’t wait to see how you react when we get a female president…
Once again a retarded racist lib brings up skin color...I would vote for a women or an African American with my values in a heartbeat...wouldn't even give gender or skin color a second thought...but I'm not a racist liberal hung up on skin color like you obviously are...

The economy has trended just as one would expect. The stock market not doing so well...

the economy has not been this good in 8 years!
It was trending up and has continued that trend. Sadly deficits were trending down, and repubs have them increasing in a strong economy. Should never happen.

Man, having a black President really fucked you up. Can’t wait to see how you react when we get a female president…
Once again a retarded racist lib brings up skin color…
Because you’re calling him a Kenyan. You brought it up first.

I would vote for a women or an African American with my values in a heartbeat...wouldn't even give gender or skin color a second thought...but I'm not a racist liberal hung up on skin color like you obviously are...

Yeah…nobody believes you. I doubt you believe yourself.

The economy is doing pretty well, at this moment. It is coming in part from the momentum of prior years, and in part at the cost of massive deficit spending, due primarily to the Trump tax cuts. Like Reagan before him, Trump is borrowing and spending to beat the fuckin' band, hoping for growth and associated tax receipts to pay the bill.

The question now is whether we'll have the type of dynamic growth we were so clearly promised to pay for the deficit spending. Those who are bitching that "it hasn't happened yet, the tax cuts failed" are merely ignorant partisans hoping for the worst. It's too soon to know, but by mid summer to late summer we should have a good idea.

The stock market - clearly unbeknownst to the ignorant partisans - is not the economy. It has been in a consolidation pattern since January, not sure which direction to go, expecting big earnings. Earnings have been good, but not what is hoped for. The longer the consolidation period, the more pronounced the next move, up or down.

So, while the partisans continue their ridiculous bleating about little, the rest of us are watching, analyzing, and hoping for the best, not interested in the bullshit politics of the issue.
Repealing Frank Dodd will certainly create wealth in the short term! Mortgage bankers and brokers have to be slobbering right now! What I do not understand is why residential building applications have not increased to respond to what is happening on the ground. Makes me wonder if they know some thing I do not. Long term how ever this is what caused the real estate collaps. The feast is begining look into getting an LO lisence there will be big money in it for a while! I will likey look into getting mine back! I could use a new boat!

It appears those talking up the economy do not go shopping much. If they did they would notice the inflation, especially at grocery stores for food and gas stations for gas.

It appears those talking up the economy do not go shopping much. If they did they would notice the inflation, especially at grocery stores for food and gas stations for gas.
Ya, I was lying when I said boat my gift to me this feast is acres as much as I can grab! That will defer the food bill a bit! Should improve the space between me and the next neighbor too! I lived with a young lady once in the middle of no where,we could run naked half the time and no one would have been the wiser! Some times we did, till the kids came! I think that life style may have influenced the kids coming so quick! I miss living that way! Of course I doubt I will spend any time naked this time around I doubt even she could take that these days! I am tired of the traffic in the city!

Toys R. Us has expanded….they are now selling shopping carts, lighting fixtures, display cases etc… Trump’s economy at work.

Can you believe this reply, folks? All this liberal has to say in reply to a boatload of good economic news, including the creation of record-setting numbers of manufacturing jobs, is to note that Toys R Us has gone bust (even though the chain's demise had nothing to do with Trump's policies but with its own failure to adapt to the 21st-century market).

This is an example of the fact that liberals do not welcome good economic news and do not want the economy to do well, as long as Trump is in office. It's that simple. For all their talk about caring about people, they want people to suffer with a bad economy while Trump is in office, and they're not happy that the economy has been steadily improving under Trump.

I agree. They are all still pissed that Hitlery didn't win.

Hell. They wouldn't know good news if it hit em in the ass.

You can't cure stupid.

Let us consider what has happened with the economy since Donald Trump took office:

* The unemployment rate has dropped from 4.8% to 4.1%.

* The stock market has risen from 19,827 on January 20, 2017, to 23,924, an increase of over 4,000 points in only 16 months. By comparison, in Obama’s last two years, the stock market rose from by fewer than 2,000 points, from 17,832 points on January 2, 2015, to 19,827 when Trump took office. In other words, in the 16 months that Trump has been president, the stock market has risen by over 4,000 points, whereas it rose by fewer than 2,000 points in Obama’s last 24 months in office.

* Manufacturing jobs have made a remarkable comeback. March also saw the third-largest jump in manufacturing jobs in over 15 years with the creation of 22,000 new manufacturing jobs. Even more encouraging, this gain occurred in durable-goods manufacturing. This continues the trend of solid growth in manufacturing jobs that started in December. December saw the largest jump in such jobs in over 15 years, followed by February, which saw the second-largest jump. Exceeding all analysts' expectations, the U.S. economy added a whopping 31,000 manufacturing jobs in February.

In December 2016, the month before Trump was inaugurated, there were 12,351,000 manufacturing jobs in the United States. In January 2017, the month Trump was inaugurated, manufacturing jobs rose to 12,369,000—an increase of 18,000. In the months since Trump’s inauguration, manufacturing jobs have increased by 267,000.

* Since Trump took office, the number of people on food stamps has dropped by 2 million.

* Trump’s massive deregulation efforts have brought positive results. Investor’s Business Daily:

While the media-driven scandals du jour roll on, President Trump quietly goes about reshaping the U.S. economy. Case in point: Last week, Trump directed the EPA to cut even more red tape for manufacturers. And he's not done yet.

The idea is not to get rid of air quality standards, but to make sure that the science behind them is transparent and reliable — and not just part of someone's political agenda, as has often been the case in the past.

The White House says that U.S. National Ambient Air Quality Standards constitute "outdated and unnecessary barriers to growth." Under the new standards, EPA will process state-submitted plans within 18 months, for instance, giving regulated industries a clearer idea of what they can and can't do, quickly. And the permitting process for individual projects will eventually be limited to a year. . . .

Trump, more than any president since Ronald Reagan, understands that excessive regulation is poison for economic growth. Comparing deregulation to tax cuts, Trump said on Thursday that "the cutting of regulations could have had the same or even a bigger impact on our economy." That's no exaggeration. In Obama's last year, the number of factory jobs shrank by 16,000. Since Trump entered office and began cutting taxes and slashing regulations, 281,000 new manufacturing jobs have been created.

Already, Trump's deregulation binge has borne fruit. The National Association of Manufacturers quarterly surveyfound that the small manufacturers' optimism index reached 94.5% in March, its highest level since the survey began 20 years ago. And the index for sales growth rose to its second-highest reading ever. (Trump's Deregulation Binge Shows No Signs Of Ending | Investor's Business Daily)​

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Dow Jones Industrial Average History (DJIA / Dow 30)

U.S. private employment growth eases but manufacturing shines: ADP

Employment Situation Summary

Manufacturing Jobs Up 31,000 in February; 263,000 Since Trump Took Office

Food stamp recipients down 2M under Trump, USDA figures show

Democrats panic over avalanche of good economic news

Yes, Good Economic News was ‘Underreported‘ in 2017

Reality, what a concept!!!

Job growth has slowed under President Trump. His “easy to win” tariff war with China, just got ugly as China had cancelled all purchases of US soybeans. China has found suppliers in South America. Thank you President Trump.

China is firing on all cylinders as it ramps up its trade war with the US

For every job in the steel industry which Trump’s tariff created, 5 more were lost in manufacturing, creating a net job loss of 150,000 jobs.

How Many American Jobs Could Be Lost Thanks to Trump's Steel and Aluminum Tariffs

Rising interest rates are slowing market rises. The hot economy is an illusion based on increased government spending in a time of real economic mismanagement.

Trump keeps saying he’s given himself and his rich friends the greatest tax cut in American history. It’s not but it’s pretty big. Now he’s piling debt upon reduced income and spending like a Republican President always does. And still he hasn’t shown you his income taxes. He just signed a big tax cut for himself and his rich buddies, in perpetuity, but not for you. Your cuts run out after he leaves office. So long suckers!!!

Let us consider what has happened with the economy since Donald Trump took office:

* The unemployment rate has dropped from 4.8% to 4.1%.

* The stock market has risen from 19,827 on January 20, 2017, to 23,924, an increase of over 4,000 points in only 16 months. By comparison, in Obama’s last two years, the stock market rose from by fewer than 2,000 points, from 17,832 points on January 2, 2015, to 19,827 when Trump took office. In other words, in the 16 months that Trump has been president, the stock market has risen by over 4,000 points, whereas it rose by fewer than 2,000 points in Obama’s last 24 months in office.

* Manufacturing jobs have made a remarkable comeback. March also saw the third-largest jump in manufacturing jobs in over 15 years with the creation of 22,000 new manufacturing jobs. Even more encouraging, this gain occurred in durable-goods manufacturing. This continues the trend of solid growth in manufacturing jobs that started in December. December saw the largest jump in such jobs in over 15 years, followed by February, which saw the second-largest jump. Exceeding all analysts' expectations, the U.S. economy added a whopping 31,000 manufacturing jobs in February.

In December 2016, the month before Trump was inaugurated, there were 12,351,000 manufacturing jobs in the United States. In January 2017, the month Trump was inaugurated, manufacturing jobs rose to 12,369,000—an increase of 18,000. In the months since Trump’s inauguration, manufacturing jobs have increased by 267,000.

* Since Trump took office, the number of people on food stamps has dropped by 2 million.

* Trump’s massive deregulation efforts have brought positive results. Investor’s Business Daily:

While the media-driven scandals du jour roll on, President Trump quietly goes about reshaping the U.S. economy. Case in point: Last week, Trump directed the EPA to cut even more red tape for manufacturers. And he's not done yet.

The idea is not to get rid of air quality standards, but to make sure that the science behind them is transparent and reliable — and not just part of someone's political agenda, as has often been the case in the past.

The White House says that U.S. National Ambient Air Quality Standards constitute "outdated and unnecessary barriers to growth." Under the new standards, EPA will process state-submitted plans within 18 months, for instance, giving regulated industries a clearer idea of what they can and can't do, quickly. And the permitting process for individual projects will eventually be limited to a year. . . .

Trump, more than any president since Ronald Reagan, understands that excessive regulation is poison for economic growth. Comparing deregulation to tax cuts, Trump said on Thursday that "the cutting of regulations could have had the same or even a bigger impact on our economy." That's no exaggeration. In Obama's last year, the number of factory jobs shrank by 16,000. Since Trump entered office and began cutting taxes and slashing regulations, 281,000 new manufacturing jobs have been created.

Already, Trump's deregulation binge has borne fruit. The National Association of Manufacturers quarterly surveyfound that the small manufacturers' optimism index reached 94.5% in March, its highest level since the survey began 20 years ago. And the index for sales growth rose to its second-highest reading ever. (Trump's Deregulation Binge Shows No Signs Of Ending | Investor's Business Daily)​

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Dow Jones Industrial Average History (DJIA / Dow 30)

U.S. private employment growth eases but manufacturing shines: ADP

Employment Situation Summary

Manufacturing Jobs Up 31,000 in February; 263,000 Since Trump Took Office

Food stamp recipients down 2M under Trump, USDA figures show

Democrats panic over avalanche of good economic news

Yes, Good Economic News was ‘Underreported‘ in 2017

* The unemployment rate when Obama took office was 7.8%. When Trump took office, it was 5%. It was already headed lower.

* The DJIA stood at 7,949 when Obama took office. It stood at 19,732.40 when Obama left office. At this moment it stands at 23,699.84. That means a nearly 12,000 point increase versus a 4,000 point increase for Trump. Trump's policies are hurting the stock market.

* Companies have been moving back into the US for many years. 2014 saw the first net increase in companies reshoring jobs. Many of the deals Trump announced in his first year were planned under Obama.

* Food stamps are a imperfect measure. Republicans have been busy kicking people off of food stamps whether they need them or not. The question is whether there is less need in this country or more hunger in this country.

* What Trump has done is get rid of any kind of regulation whether it is needed or not. Some of the regulations were needed while some were unnecessary. Cutting regulations by Republicans means more dirty water and dirty air. They are as far to the right as Democrats are to the left. They are a danger to this country.

Despite the good news under Obama, he had nothing to do with it. Trump has had nothing to do with it either.

Yet the current U.S. Rate of Inflation is 2.4%.

Current US Inflation Rates: 2008-2018
Food and fuel are not included in the PCE rate. They are considered to volatile, however, they are things that have a great impact on lower and middle income families. Inflation in those industries are currently surging.

Last edited:
Food and fuel are not included in the PCE rate. They are considered to volatile, however, they are things that have a great impact on lower and middle income families. Inflation in those industries are currently surging.

15. Which index is the "official CPI" reported in the media?
The broadest and most comprehensive CPI is called the All Items Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) for the U.S. City Average, 1982-84=100. CPI data are reported on a not seasonally adjusted basis as well as a seasonally adjusted basis. Sometimes the index level itself will be reported, but it is also common to see 1-month or 12-month percent changes reported.

In addition to the all items index, BLS publishes thousands of other consumer price indexes, such as all items less food and energy. Some users of CPI data use this index because food and energy prices are relatively volatile, and they want to focus on what they perceive to be the "core" or "underlying" rate of inflation.

So you are incorrect.

Consumer Price Index Frequently Asked Questions : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

The broadest and most comprehensive CPI is called the All Items Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) for the U.S. City Average, 1982-84=100. CPI data are reported on a not seasonally adjusted basis as well as a seasonally adjusted basis. Sometimes the index level itself will be reported, but it is also common to see 1-month or 12-month percent changes reported.

In addition to the all items index, BLS publishes thousands of other consumer price indexes, such as all items less food and energy. Some users of CPI data use this index because food and energy prices are relatively volatile, and they want to focus on what they perceive to be the "core" or "underlying" rate of inflation.

So you are incorrect.

Consumer Price Index Frequently Asked Questions : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Your link, the one you posted above, says my analysis was spot on correct. Not my fault you have poor reading comprehension.

Like Reagan before him, Trump is borrowing and spending to beat the fuckin' band, hoping for growth and associated tax receipts to pay the bill.

Reaganomics ride again.....

188527.png

~S~
Yep. Conservative Keynesianism.
I think it is very clear, the ruling class doesn't give two shits about the ever expanding national debt.

W doubled....Big Ears doubled it...and now The Donald will do the same. Can you say $40 TRILLION national debt?

Yet another example of how the two criminal parties are aligned, but many partisan Americans are blind to this fact.
The top priorities of our "leaders" are fundraising and re-election. They know they have a built-in base of followers who will vote for them and obediently attack the other side.

So you are incorrect.

Your link, the one you posted above, says my analysis was spot on correct. Not my fault you have poor reading comprehension.
Maybe you should read what the BLS actually says. The ALL ITEMS INDEX is the one most published to the media, and Includes Food, and Energy. The other indexes are secondary, and is not the one being used.
Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension.

Forum List

Back