How is the boycott going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
War and peace—and Israel's stock market

The fighting in Gaza has not deterred investors from buying into Israel's market. In fact, since July 8, the day after Israel's air strikes began, the Tel Aviv 100 (TA-100), an index of the 100 largest-cap companies in the country, has climbed by 2.3 percent. It's also up nearly 13 percent over the last 12 months. The Israeli stock market hasn't touched negative territory since February, well before the current conflict began.

The Israeli stock market's resiliency may come as a surprise, but to John Krey, an international investment analyst with S&P Capital IQ, the situation in Gaza is not as turbulent as investors may think.

"People are more confident that Israel can protect its sovereignty against these attacks," Krey said. "They've taken great pains to make sure that their industries and their people are not harmed in any material way."

Confidence isn't best reflected in equities, but in the Israeli fixed-income market. Between June 30 and July 8, 10-year Israel government bond yields rose 12 basis points, but then declined 17 basis points from July 8 to July 24, suggesting increased comfort among investors.

"That's really impressive," Krey said. "There's a remarkable change of attitude taking place here."

100708130-160413353.530x298.jpg

...you wonder why the rest of the world hates you...
You mean, the way the world used to hate you (and to some extent, still does) for centuries of Imperial conquest and slaughter and oppression and exploitation?

Post imperial nationalist govermnents had to find a scapegoat for their own inadequacies, so who better to blame than the departed imperial power?

In my experience, if you travel to any part of the old British Empire and when people find out you are British, they are either completely indifferent to the fact or they reminisce on how things were so much better under the British than they are now. Until we got dragged in to America's screw ups in the Middle East, British people could travel the world without fear of molestation just for being British. Now not so much; thanks yanks.

Boycott is picking up steam. Why, Sodastream just might fold up.

32.92 0.16 (0.49%)
REAL-TIME: Last trade at 2:22 PM EDT on 07/31/14

Jump to another company:

company name or ticker

Summary
Rates & Ratios
Price & Chart
Financials & Filings
Recent Quotes
SODA $32.92 0.49%

Aug 2, 2013 - Jul 31, 2014: -49.9%
Aug
AugNovAprJul
1D 1W 3M 6M 1Y 2Y 3Y vs S&P 500
Today's Open $32.83
Previous Close $32.76
Daily Range $31.95 - $33.58
52-Week Range $28.65 - $69.78
Market Cap $687.5M
P/E Ratio 25.01
Dividend (Yield) $0.00 (0.0%)
Volume 976,607
Average Daily Volume 1,554,138
Current FY EPS $1.85

SodaStream Stock Quote SODA | DailyFinance
Update:

33.00 0.24 (0.73%)
REAL-TIME: Last trade at 4:00 PM EDT on 07/31/14

32.92 0.16 (0.49%)

Jump to another company:

company name or ticker

Summary
Rates & Ratios
Price & Chart
Financials & Filings
Recent Quotes
SODA $32.92 0.49%

Aug
AugNovAprJul
Today's Open $32.83
Previous Close $32.76
Market Cap $687.5M
P/E Ratio 25.01
Volume 976,607
Current FY EPS $1.85

Update:

33.00 0.24 (0.73%)

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. It seems your grasp of the stock market is about the same as your grasp of the sitiation in occupied Palestine. From your own source, this time last year the share price was $66.42 (before BDS) whereas now it's $32.83 (since BDS). Yeah Soda stream are doing sooo well, sure they are....:cuckoo:

SodaStream Charts SODA | DailyFinance

...you wonder why the rest of the world hates you...
You mean, the way the world used to hate you (and to some extent, still does) for centuries of Imperial conquest and slaughter and oppression and exploitation?
Post imperial nationalist govermnents had to find a scapegoat for their own inadequacies, so who better to blame than the departed imperial power?...
That damned White Man's Burden again.

...In my experience, if you travel to any part of the old British Empire and when people find out you are British, they are either completely indifferent to the fact or they reminisce on how things were so much better under the British than they are now...
Well, the trains ran on time, anyway, eh?

...Until we got dragged in to America's screw ups in the Middle East, British people could travel the world without fear of molestation just for being British. Now not so much...
Well, what the hell, other than a minor sortie into the South Atlantic against a 3rd-rate power in the 1980s, you guys really hadn't done much on the world stage since WWII and Korea, anyway. It was about time you got off your asses and at least started helping, if you weren't going to lead anymore.

...thanks yanks.
Anytime. Consider it a refresher course in the price of getting off your ass and getting out there and doing something, rather than just throwing rotten tomatoes from the cheap seats in the balcony.

Last edited:

32.92 0.16 (0.49%)

Jump to another company:

company name or ticker

Summary
Rates & Ratios
Price & Chart
Financials & Filings
Recent Quotes
SODA $32.92 0.49%

Aug
AugNovAprJul
Today's Open $32.83
Previous Close $32.76
Market Cap $687.5M
P/E Ratio 25.01
Volume 976,607
Current FY EPS $1.85

Update:

33.00 0.24 (0.73%)

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. It seems your grasp of the stock market is about the same as your grasp of the sitiation in occupied Palestine. From your own source, this time last year the share price was $66.42 (before BDS) whereas now it's $32.83 (since BDS). Yeah Soda stream are doing sooo well, sure they are....:cuckoo:

You can't hurry the stock market, Rockefeller. I've got stocks that I bought at 35, watched them rise to 75, then fall to 7. I sold them when they reached 130. This was in a 5 year period. They are at 45 right now and when they reach 35, I'll probably buy them again. Fuck BDS.

Update:

33.00 0.24 (0.73%)

You can't hurry the stock market, Rockefeller. I've got stocks that I bought at 35, watched them rise to 75, then fall to 7. I sold them when they reached 130. This was in a 5 year period. They are at 45 right now and when they reach 35, I'll probably buy them again. Fuck BDS.

Wow, you've discovered that share prices rise and fall and rise again. You're well on the way to becoming Chairperson of the Federal reserve! Enjoy your Sodastream before it goes under and gets bought out by Pepsi or Starbucks. :lol:

Well, what the hell, other than a minor sortie into the South Atlantic against a 3rd-rate power in the 1980s, you guys really hadn't done much on the world stage since WWII and Korea, anyway. It was about time you got off your asses and at least started helping, if you weren't going to lead anymore.

Anytime. Consider it a refresher course in the price of getting off your ass and getting out there and doing something, rather than just throwing rotten tomatoes from the cheap seats in the balcony.

Well thanks for the offer, but we carried the burden long enough and we're quite comfortable in the cheap seats now. We got used to it when you lot screwed us over at Breton Woods in 1944. You want to be top dog, fine, we stood aside like gentlemen and off you rushed, paving the road to Hell with your good intentions; America knew best. Now you want our help? Hmm, let me think about that......

Lao Tzu said, "Doing nothing is better than being busy achieving nothing", clever man.
Pass me another rotten tomato someone. :lol::lol:

Well thanks for the offer, but we carried the burden long enough and we're quite comfortable in the cheap seats now. We got used to it when you lot screwed us over at Breton Woods in 1944. You want to be top dog, fine, we stood aside like gentlemen and off you rushed, paving the road to Hell with your good intentions; America knew best. Now you want our help? Hmm, let me think about that......

Lao Tzu said, "Doing nothing is better than being busy achieving nothing", clever man.

Wise Lao tzu is right, but you fail to see that you achieve nothing :)
So it would be best for you to carry on you boycott after all you do nothing.

Last edited:

Wow, you've discovered that share prices rise and fall and rise again. You're well on the way to becoming Chairperson of the Federal reserve! Enjoy your Sodastream before it goes under and gets bought out by Pepsi or Starbucks. :lol:
Whoops! Sodastream takes another beating!

SodaStream (NASDAQ: SODA)
34.05 1.05 (3.18%)
REAL-TIME: Last trade at 3:59 PM EDT on 08/01/14
Extended Hours: $33.89 -$0.16 (-0.47%)
Quote as of 4:04 PM EDT on 08/01/14 (NASDAQ)

Jump to another company:

company name or ticker
Summary
Rates & Ratios
Price & Chart
Financials & Filings
Recent Quotes
SODA $34.05 3.18%

Aug 6, 2013 - Aug 1, 2014: -47.7%
Aug
AugDecAprAug
Today's Open $33.15
Previous Close $33.00
Daily Range $32.85 - $34.33
Market Cap $711.1M
P/E Ratio 25.19
Volume 1,451,932
Average Daily Volume 1,561,848
Current FY EPS $1.85

Spoken like the sons and grandsons of the weak fellows who lost an empire.

I could argue the 'your downfall was your own fault' line of thought all day long, but that would take us too far off topic.

Suffice it to say that you have a seat on the UN Security Council out of gratitude for your past services to Mankind, but The Seat carries two kinds of responsibility with it: (1) keeping the peace and (2) taking a leadership role in enforcing the peace.

If you don't want The Seat, perhaps it's time for you to step aside and make room for someone who does.

Leaving you entirely free to throw those tomatoes without giving a fig for global security responsibilities.

Read some history, we didn't lose it, we gave it away. We had the intelligence to realise after the betrayal at Breton Woods, we could no longer afford an empire and after fighting two world wars in 20years, we'd shed enough blood keeping the world free from tyranny.

I could argue the 'your downfall was your own fault' line of thought all day long, but that would take us too far off topic.

Yes you could, see my preceeding post above, and yes it would.

Suffice it to say that you have a seat on the UN Security Council out of gratitude for your past services to Mankind, but The Seat carries two kinds of responsibility with it: (1) keeping the peace and (2) taking a leadership role in enforcing the peace.

"Leadership role?" You mean doing whatever America tells us to do, no thanks. We're getting pretty tired of that too.

If you don't want The Seat, perhaps it's time for you to step aside and make room for someone who does.

Leaving you entirely free to throw those tomatoes without giving a fig for global security responsibilities.

Nah, we earned that seat, more than most who sit on the Security Council, it's very comfortable and really close so we don't have to waste our energy throwing those rotten tomatoes very far.

Read some history, we didn't lose it, we gave it away. We had the intelligence to realise after the betrayal at Breton Woods, we could no longer afford an empire and after fighting two world wars in 20years, we'd shed enough blood keeping the world free from tyranny...
Re: giving it away - oh, nolo contendere - you did, indeed, divest yourselves of it - akin to a 'fire sale' - truth being, you no longer had much choice in the matter.

The world had changed by then, you had promised your colonial allies autonomy in return for helping during WWII, and your Imperial system had run its course.

You gave the impression that you were giving it away but had you failed to do so it would have been taken from you anyway, as happened to the French in Indochina and Africa.

You weren't fooling anyone about those 'give-aways' then, and you're not fooling anybody about that now, either.

Yes you could, see my preceeding post above, and yes it would.

Ditto.

"Leadership role?" You mean doing whatever America tells us to do, no thanks. We're getting pretty tired of that too...
No, that's 'following', not leading.

Leading, in this context, is more about maintaining sufficient strength and resolve and diplomatic presence and credibility to put out fires and to influence and steer events as practicable.

Taking a couple of decades 'on holiday' after the devastation and losses you experienced, in order to rebuild and retool and resupply, is one thing.

Staying out of the game, resting on your laurels, and crouching under the shield of another for additional decades beyond any reasonable recovery period, is quite another.

Even taking into account Imperial divestiture and reduced resources and circumstances, your track record for postwar leadership is rather disappointing to those who had hoped for better.

Nah, we earned that seat, more than most who sit on the Security Council...
Nolo contendere.

...it's very comfortable...
You can't rest on your laurels forever; at least not without others throwing up their hands and walking away, because others aren't pulling their weight, and risking the whole thing shaking apart.

Sooner or later, in such a highly visible position, you've got to either (a) begin doing your share of 'leading' once again or (b) move out of the way for someone who can.

A permanent Seat is too important to leave forever in the hands of a dissipated wreck who cannot or will not provide the leadership expected of such an exalted position.

You've had decades to rest-up and recuperate - time to get out there again, if you still can.

...and really close so we don't have to waste our energy throwing those rotten tomatoes very far.
That's not what the Seat is for. If you're not going to use it properly, you're just taking up valuable space that someone else can use, and you don't belong there any longer. Time to fish or cut bait.

There are plenty of cheap seats in the General Assembly, if you just can't cut it anymore.

Everyone will understand.

Last edited:

Whoops! Sodastream takes another beating!

34.05 1.05 (3.18%)
REAL-TIME: Last trade at 3:59 PM EDT on 08/01/14
Extended Hours: $33.89 -$0.16 (-0.47%)
Quote as of 4:04 PM EDT on 08/01/14 (NASDAQ)

Jump to another company:

company name or ticker
Summary
Rates & Ratios
Price & Chart
Financials & Filings
Recent Quotes
SODA $34.05 3.18%

Aug 6, 2013 - Aug 1, 2014: -47.7%
Aug
AugDecAprAug
Today's Open $33.15
Previous Close $33.00
Daily Range $32.85 - $34.33
Market Cap $711.1M
P/E Ratio 25.19
Volume 1,451,932
Average Daily Volume 1,561,848
Current FY EPS $1.85

stocks in war time will fluctuate, it's a given.

You people are the ones who cannot answer any questions.

speaking of answering questions: why again, are their faces covered like ghoulish, UGLY grim-reapers ? and the point of it is...................

finkmore ? beezeleboob ? fanger ? IMAM ? ANYONE ?

So, WHY ?

I'm ready...you know, for notes.

.....also, one other thing: Why is it that, palestinans (hamass), they got plenty of cash to spend on rockets, rocket launching pads, guns, grenades, bombs, bullets, etc...

but, no $$$ to...update their hospitals, -they're so primitive and filthy and disorganized.
is there a shortage of hospital sheets, bandages & SCRUBS ? got any REAL [women] nurses working at these make-shift hospitals/weapons storage facilities?
are the women allowed to work as nurses ? LOL.........i'm kidding about the last one.

You people are the ones who cannot answer any questions.

speaking of answering questions: why again, are their faces covered like ghoulish, UGLY grim-reapers ? and the point of it is...................

finkmore ? beezeleboob ? fanger ? IMAM ? ANYONE ?

So, WHY ?

I'm ready...you know, for notes.

.....also, one other thing: Why is it that, palestinans (hamass), they got plenty of cash to spend on rockets, rocket launching pads, guns, grenades, bombs, bullets, etc...

but, no $$$ to...update their hospitals, -they're so primitive and filthy and disorganized.
is there a shortage of hospital sheets, bandages & SCRUBS ? got any REAL [women] nurses working at these make-shift hospitals/weapons storage facilities?
are the women allowed to work as nurses ? LOL.........i'm kidding about the last one.
Some of them, it's actually a good idea they cover themselves, believe me. :clap2:

The National Union of Students in the UK has voted to join the BDS campaign. So what? I can hear certain individuals saying. Well given the NUS represents 7 million students in the UK who will become tomorrow's "movers and shakers"; that's an important breakthrough for BDS in the UK.

As the article states, "In the 1970s and 1980s, NUS was at the forefront of campaigning against apartheid in South Africa and continued pressure from students contributed to Barclays Bank withdrawing its investment and support for the Apartheid regime. NUS was instrumental in setting up a network of anti-apartheid activists in the 1970s at almost every union across the UK."

Another step taken, another brick chipped away from the edifice.

National Union of Students backing Palestine, backing the boycott - Palestine Solidarity Campaign

BDS LIVES!!!

33.15 0.19 (0.58%)
REAL-TIME: Last trade at 2:04 PM EDT on 08/11/14

Jump to another company:

company name or ticker
Summary
Rates & Ratios
Price & Chart
Financials & Filings
Recent Quotes
SODA $33.15 0.58%