How is raising taxes on the wealthy going to create jobs?

DA BOOOOOOSH averaged around a 5% Unemployment Rate. It was under 5% for much of his Presidency. So yea,Hopey Changey has failed miserably. Spin it anyway you like,but it wont change reality. Time for real change. See ya in 2012. :)

Read some of the relies from your side.

Good let's start with the IRS the department of education Stip down the power of the EPA shut down the TSA AND HOMELAND SECURITY.

Employees of all those departments shop at private retailers. They also all collect unemployment when they're laid off.

Why do you think there's an easy answer?

Well then why aren't those employees spending?

Ok I'll stipulate that there aren't enough gainfully employed people to offset the lag created by the number of unemployed and underemployed. And your solution is to create more unemployed? :eusa_eh:

You can't blame him. He's just taking advantage of tax loopholes that the GOP fought to keep. As far as 2012 goes, we'll just have to see. But don't pretend like a majority of Americans support the GOP's position on taxes. Most Americans - left, right and center - support raising taxes on the rich. That is a fact. Just look at any poll on the subject.

No you can blame him. he was hired to do a job and he isn't doing it.

Yeah, he was hired to not ship his company's jobs overseas? Could you show me that job description? By the way, I don't support shipping jobs overseas; but he is, after all, taking advantage of tax loopholes that the GOP refused to even consider closing.

for one, he was hired to create jobs in the USA - he failed. instead he is outsourcing jobs in his own company. Second. let's stop blaming bush. Obama is the man in charge now. he had a super majority as well. did he do anything to change the tax loopholes you claim bush is responsible for? No. The blame now lies on his shoulders.

Employees of all those departments shop at private retailers. They also all collect unemployment when they're laid off.

Why do you think there's an easy answer?

Well then why aren't those employees spending?

Ok I'll stipulate that there aren't enough gainfully employed people to offset the lag created by the number of unemployed and underemployed. And your solution is to create more unemployed? :eusa_eh:

I'll live with getting rid of the wastful governmet programs.

DA BOOOOOOSH averaged around a 5% Unemployment Rate. It was under 5% for much of his Presidency. So yea,Hopey Changey has failed miserably. Spin it anyway you like,but it wont change reality. Time for real change. See ya in 2012. :)

Right, 5%. Then right before he handed the keys to Obama, the UE rate was over 7% and climbing. But that's all Obama's fault, right?

Yeah, he was hired to not ship his company's jobs overseas? Could you show me that job description? By the way, I don't support shipping jobs overseas; but he is, after all, taking advantage of tax loopholes that the GOP refused to even consider closing.

for one, he was hired to create jobs in the USA - he failed. instead he is outsourcing jobs in his own company. Second. let's stop blaming bush. Obama is the man in charge now. he had a super majority as well. did he do anything to change the tax loopholes you claim bush is responsible for? No. The blame now lies on his shoulders.

You cannot make the programed change their programing they will be come confused and lost.

Bush had the worst job growth since WW II and you want to use his tax policies to validate his economic record? :lol:
I take Bushes job growth over what obama has any day.

You'll take 5 million (that's being generous) jobs created over 8 years? You think that's a good record? The stimulus alone created or saved 3 million jobs. That's according to the CBO - you know, that congressional office that the right likes to dismiss when they come to conclusions that the right doesn't like, and then praise when they come to conclusions that the right does like.

but how many jobs were lost in these stimulus years? there was no net gain. at best the stimulus created temporary civil service jobs with no sustainable income to suport them when the stimulus runs out. it was a bandaid on an amputation. a joke

Sorry, I didn't mention Bush in that post. I mentioned the fact that the GOP recently refused to close those loopholes. The current GOP that controls the House of Reps. That GOP.

Right, 5%. Then right before he handed the keys to Obama, the UE rate was over 7% and climbing. But that's all Obama's fault, right?

obama was in congress at the time he wanted the spending to continue so yes it's just as much obama's fault as Bushes.

I take Bushes job growth over what obama has any day.

You'll take 5 million (that's being generous) jobs created over 8 years? You think that's a good record? The stimulus alone created or saved 3 million jobs. That's according to the CBO - you know, that congressional office that the right likes to dismiss when they come to conclusions that the right doesn't like, and then praise when they come to conclusions that the right does like.

but how many jobs were lost in these stimulus years? there was no net gain. at best the stimulus created temporary civil service jobs with no sustainable income to suport them when the stimulus runs out. it was a bandaid on an amputation. a joke

It was bandaid. It was too small for one. And then there's the fact that 2/3rds of the stimulus was tax cuts. So much for the "tax cuts create jobs" argument.:lol:

Raising taxes on the wealthy isn't designed to create jobs. It's designed to pay some of the bills, past, present, and future.

I am not sure where some of these rightwing nimwits are getting the idea that tax hikes create jobs. They can't even tell the difference between a job and debt.

No one on the right has said that idiot stop spinning your left loons are the ones that say that. Keep the facts correct for once.

Look at the title of your own post, spinmeister.

obama was in congress at the time he wanted the spending to continue so yes it's just as much obama's fault as Bushes.

Doesn't the right always say that Obama did nothing in congress? And now you want me to believe that the UE rate when Bush was POTUS was all Obama's fault?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo:

Last edited:
You can't blame him. He's just taking advantage of tax loopholes that the GOP fought to keep. As far as 2012 goes, we'll just have to see. But don't pretend like a majority of Americans support the GOP's position on taxes. Most Americans - left, right and center - support raising taxes on the rich. That is a fact. Just look at any poll on the subject.

Why didn't the democrats make the change when they had the chance? You continue to blame the Republicans but from 2007 until 2011 the Republicans could not change anything. Keep trying their sports.

I have been thinking about this for quite some time. So I want someone who thinks it's a good thing to raise taxes on those who create jobs (the wealthy). What exactly do you think obama wants to do with the money?
You political-neophytes surely do spend an awful lotta time shootin'-your-(collective)-mouths-off, while....at the same time....having no sense of History.
249.gif

"Suddenly, it seems everyone in Washington is singing the virtues of retiring the national debt. For two decades, as deficits mounted, it was a nonissue. But the prospect of surpluses has economists and policymakers thinking the unthinkable: erasing the $3.8 trillion pile of federal IOUs held by the public."

Be patient. Obama will FINALLY have the buck$ to do it (with ZERO Republican-distractions)....

:woohoo:

Doesn't the right always say that Obama did nothing in congress? And now you want me to believe that the UE rate when Bush was POTUS was all Obama's fault?

obama voted for the spending so yes he wanted exactly what Bush wanted. But you just want to blame Bush for the failures of obama.

I covered that already Government contracts are awarded to select groups and not open to all so that really isn't part of the private sector. Roads are short term and do not sustain the economy for very long.
While driving I keep hitting those pot holes so why aren't the roads better?

Nice try. Maybe under Cheney gov't contracts went to a select few, but even Haliburton subcontracted out jobs to smaller companies, as do Lockhead Martin, Boeing, etc. Many gov't jobs, for example road upgrades, paving, lighting, etc. go to smaller business in local communities.

I wrote and received funding from the US Dept. of Justice to hire deputies for the Domestic Violence Unit I managed and to develop and manage a public/private consortium providing counseling to vicitms and anger management to perpetrators. Similar programs operate all over the country providing jobs and services.

Check out this link: Find RFP: Federal, State and Local Government RFPs, Government Bids & Government Contracts
and as soon as the dems cut defense spending, more jobs will disapear

That is true. However, defense contractors can begin to make "plows" and not swords, using American steal and American labor in repairing or replacing the infrastructure of our nation: heavy and light rail, bridges made safer and wider increasing efficiency and reducing transportation costs for fossil fuel. DOD contractors can focus R&D on new sources of energy, the more efficient delivery of electricity and more efficient storage batteries and maintain our defense capabilities too.

I am not sure where some of these rightwing nimwits are getting the idea that tax hikes create jobs. They can't even tell the difference between a job and debt.

No one on the right has said that idiot stop spinning your left loons are the ones that say that. Keep the facts correct for once.

Look at the title of your own post, spinmeister.

Sinmaster?

Here's the title

How is raising taxes on the wealthy going to create jobs?

It's a question you do know what a question is don't you?

obama voted for the spending so yes he wanted exactly what Bush wanted. But you just want to blame Bush for the failures of obama.

Sorry, but what does an Obama vote for spending have to do with Bush's UE rate and job creation numbers? BTW, Bush didn't veto one spending bill during his eight years.

I have been thinking about this for quite some time. So I want someone who thinks it's a good thing to raise taxes on those who create jobs (the wealthy). What exactly do you think obama wants to do with the money?
You political-neophytes surely do spend an awful lotta time shootin'-your-(collective)-mouths-off, while....at the same time....having no sense of History.
249.gif

"Suddenly, it seems everyone in Washington is singing the virtues of retiring the national debt. For two decades, as deficits mounted, it was a nonissue. But the prospect of surpluses has economists and policymakers thinking the unthinkable: erasing the $3.8 trillion pile of federal IOUs held by the public."

Be patient. Obama will FINALLY have the buck$ to do it (with ZERO Republican-distractions)....

:woohoo:

Cleaning up after the Hopey Changey One is going to be even rougher. So WTG Dems. You've managed to make things much worse. Thanks a lot for that. Yes we will see you in 2012. Better believe it. :)

Forum List

Back