How Fox "News" Makes You Stupid

Look folks.... I was a HARD CORE republican 2 years ago. When I mean HARD CORE I would put most of the GOPers here as slightly Liberal. What happened? I actually started to..... *gasp* think. I tuned out Hannity and the rest that I listened to more than my pastor. For 2 weeks I vowed not to listen to talk radio OR watch Fox News. (I can write a book on why but Im not going to here)
While munching on my sushi one day, after the 2 weeks I had a thought. That thought I had was I was being sold to. As a salesperson myself I was really pissed because it was an insult to who I am. I started breaking down what some of these talk show hosts were feeding me and compared notes to how I was going to sell my product and services to MY clients.
It turns out..... I..... ME! was being sold and for 5 years I didnt even know it! :cuckoo: I made a fool..... out of ME! Since then Ive been on a cusade to rectify my stupidity. I thought I was SHARP. And could never be wrong. My ego fell and so did my self belief.

ANYHEW...... Im out to spead the word that most ALL radio talk show hosts are only Entertainers and Salesmen. Here is an exaple:
‪How Fox "News" Makes You Stupid‬‏ - YouTube

When you mentioned that you were "munching on sushi..." I knew right away that you were a nut case. That's when I quit reading your dribble...

Look folks.... I was a HARD CORE republican 2 years ago. When I mean HARD CORE I would put most of the GOPers here as slightly Liberal. What happened? I actually started to..... *gasp* think. I tuned out Hannity and the rest that I listened to more than my pastor. For 2 weeks I vowed not to listen to talk radio OR watch Fox News. (I can write a book on why but Im not going to here)
While munching on my sushi one day, after the 2 weeks I had a thought. That thought I had was I was being sold to. As a salesperson myself I was really pissed because it was an insult to who I am. I started breaking down what some of these talk show hosts were feeding me and compared notes to how I was going to sell my product and services to MY clients.
It turns out..... I..... ME! was being sold and for 5 years I didnt even know it! :cuckoo: I made a fool..... out of ME! Since then Ive been on a cusade to rectify my stupidity. I thought I was SHARP. And could never be wrong. My ego fell and so did my self belief.

ANYHEW...... Im out to spead the word that most ALL radio talk show hosts are only Entertainers and Salesmen. Here is an exaple:

A hardcore Republican for two whole years? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I'm really impressed. How did he hold out so long????

Chalk Giant Noodle up as another plant.

You're a lying sack of shit too.

No self respecting conservative makes a habit of eating sushi. Only libs do that.

But thanks for the worthless input sock-puppet.

BTW, if we relied on Fox for all of our news we would be as stupid as you think we are.

Golly, Mr. Mudwhistle - if you are an example of today's political Right, I want to be just like YOU! So literate. So well spoken. Such a gentleman. So persuasive.

The other conservatives must be so proud of you.

Funny how the OP says they all lie, slant and obfuscate the news for their own agenda. Then goes on to blame FOX news soley in his thread title, and all the little members of the lollipop guild come along to nod their heads and chime in "that's right, fox news baaaa-a-a-a-a-a-ad".

They all lie folks. They all have an agenda. They all tilt the news to favor their side. Period.

apparently, the effect hasn't worn off yet.....

You're a lying sack of shit too.

No self respecting conservative makes a habit of eating sushi. Only libs do that.

But thanks for the worthless input sock-puppet.

BTW, if we relied on Fox for all of our news we would be as stupid as you think we are.

Golly, Mr. Mudwhistle - if you are an example of today's political Right, I want to be just like YOU! So literate. So well spoken. Such a gentleman. So persuasive.

The other conservatives must be so proud of you.

I don't need the approval of anyone. I thought I've made that crystal clear by now.

And I don't think being a gentleman to liars is warranted.

Last edited:
Funny how the OP says they all lie, slant and obfuscate the news for their own agenda. Then goes on to blame FOX news soley in his thread title, and all the little members of the lollipop guild come along to nod their heads and chime in "that's right, fox news baaaa-a-a-a-a-a-ad".

They all lie folks. They all have an agenda. They all tilt the news to favor their side. Period.

One side more then the other.

That terrorism BS is a good example.

In other words, you lost your job and went on welfare.

Hannity is a Tool. Unfortunately all main stream media do the same thing. It is one of the ways they use propaganda. This all came about in 1987 when Ronald Reagan repealed the Fairness Doctrine and the equal time law. Our mainstream media is a controlled entity by the power elite. The government behind the government.

The media today is far and away different from the one we used to have. There is no true investigative journalist anymore. It was two reporters for the Washington Post that broke the Watergate scandal to the public. Today journalist do as they are told and that is to take comments out of context, talk over guest, and label them nuts or UnAmerican if their views are not the ones being pushed. The sad thing is that people usually buy into it.

Last edited:
Hate to break this to you, Noodle but Sean Hannity is not part of Fox "News". He's a commentator who does a show that is HEAVILY biased against Barack Obama and Democrats in general. Now if you'd like to chastise Brett Baier for doing what Hannity did then you might have a valid point.

And this changes Hannity getting caught with his pants clear down around his dishonest ankles exactly how?

Does the fact that Hannity is "HEAVILY biased against Barack Obama and Democrats in general" somehow excuse his taking President Obama's statement about raising taxes, TOTALL OUT OF CONTEXT and trying to foist it off as a statement entire to itself?

Of course it doesn't. Instead, it exposes him for the liar that he is. Thank God for Jon Stewart. And how sad it is that there are so many people out there who are taken in by his garbage.

Question: how do we know he intentionally misrepresented Obama's statements? Also, you just said "thank God for Jon Stewart". Maybe you need to, um, get a life? Maybe?

So it's Fox News fault that you're a jackass?

How liberal of you.

If you are an uninformed fool, the person responsible is you. Not Fox. Not anyone else. Just you.

Fucking idiot.

I'm curious as to how you can quantify who does it more. One could argue that the only reason FOX seems to do it more is because FOX is but one station, whereas if ABC, MSNBC, CBS, NYT, WaPo, NPR, and the AP and Reuters news wire all have a "soft" liberal slant, it's not as noticeable since it's spread out over several networks and mediums.

The OP is an ass.

Hate to break this to you, Noodle but Sean Hannity is not part of Fox "News". He's a commentator who does a show that is HEAVILY biased against Barack Obama and Democrats in general. Now if you'd like to chastise Brett Baier for doing what Hannity did then you might have a valid point.

And this changes Hannity getting caught with his pants clear down around his dishonest ankles exactly how?

Does the fact that Hannity is "HEAVILY biased against Barack Obama and Democrats in general" somehow excuse his taking President Obama's statement about raising taxes, TOTALL OUT OF CONTEXT and trying to foist it off as a statement entire to itself?

Of course it doesn't. Instead, it exposes him for the liar that he is. Thank God for Jon Stewart. And how sad it is that there are so many people out there who are taken in by his garbage.

Your faux outrage about context is funny as hell. Seriously. You're fine when the left take the words of a right winger out of context - such as the 'tar baby' comment - but when the right do it, you get bend out of shape.

Fucking hypocritical crap.

I don't need the approval of anyone. I thought I've made that crystal clear by now.

Spoken like a true authoritarian. Do carry on.

Oh, so having an opinion or not wanting to conform is to you likened to being a dictator????

Wow, I've never heard that warped analogy before.

I'm not gonna conform to the talking-heads and to the lib mindset that the Tea Party is racist and terrorists.

And I'm not going to believe some dickwad who thinks we haven't seen this act all before. He wants to give himself legitimacy by saying he tried being a conservative for two years. It's total bullshit. Many of us have seen this crap before.

Try thinking for yourself rather then rationalizing these tactics from the left.

Maybe you might want to try it once in awhile and see how it feels.

Last edited:

I'm curious as to how you can quantify who does it more. One could argue that the only reason FOX seems to do it more is because FOX is but one station, whereas if ABC, MSNBC, CBS, NYT, WaPo, NPR, and the AP and Reuters news wire all have a "soft" liberal slant, it's not as noticeable since it's spread out over several networks and mediums.
Soft-liberal slant? Calling the Tea Party terrorists and hostage takers is a soft liberals slant????

Fox does more??

Totally ass-backwards from reality.

Fox is only one source while the left has several.

The fact that you feel that fox is so glaringly out of the norm is a testament to all of the garbage that the left is pushing on us from the big 3 and numerous other news stations, not to mention on various family oriented stations, and on Comedy Central, PBS, you name it. It's everywhere.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back