How fast is fast?

snore.gif

Pogo needs this ride;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRIgmKGDqFM&feature=player_embedded]Pepsi MAX & Jeff Gordon Present: "Test Drive 2" - YouTube[/ame]

He pulled 0.7 Gs at 180 MPH!!! :eek:

70-105-150

The speeds in mph from 1st,2nd,3rd...

70 in first. Wow. Any idea of RPM? The taxi trick was a little bit on the mean side. I saw a video once of a professional driver took a soccer mom for a drive in her Porsche Cayenne. Needless to say she never looked at that vehicle the same way again.

133 in a S2000, not on public roads, of course. I had a '69 Mustang to well over 100. Nothing like watching cows fly past in almost a blur when you remember the fact that you have 4 wheel drum brakes. How about yourself?

He pulled 0.7 Gs at 180 MPH!!! :eek:

70-105-150

70 in first. Wow. Any idea of RPM? The taxi trick was a little bit on the mean side. I saw a video once of a professional driver took a soccer mom for a drive in her Porsche Cayenne. Needless to say she never looked at that vehicle the same way again.

133 in a S2000, not on public roads, of course. I had a '69 Mustang to well over 100. Nothing like watching cows fly past in almost a blur when you remember the fact that you have 4 wheel drum brakes. How about yourself?

Motorcycle, V65 Sabre. I chickened out at 145mph on a flat straight country road. Road and Track said it would do 187. I was young and stupid at the time.

70-105-150

Motorcycle, V65 Sabre. I chickened out at 145mph on a flat straight country road. Road and Track said it would do 187. I was young and stupid at the time.

Nothing chicken about that. When the dashes start looking like dots it's time to get off the throttle.

That I'm certain of:
Driving: 124MPH (and still pulling like a freight train) in my Gremlin, end of the 1/4 mile at Epping. (Car ran 11-flat or a bit faster)
Shotgun: 131MPH (also still pulling hard) in my wife's Grand National, same. (Car runs mid 10's!)

I ran my Magnum R/T into its governor (125MPH) a couple times.

I took my Challenger R/T with a 383 Magnum up to 140 and there was still pedal and speedo left.

There was none of me left. :)

My brother bought a Mazda RX-2 (or RX-4, whatever) with the rotary engine when it came out. It would cruise at 140 and feel like 40, no strain at all. Then he rolled it and after the repair it would only do 130.

My brother bought a Mazda RX-2 (or RX-4, whatever) with the rotary engine when it came out. It would cruise at 140 and feel like 40, no strain at all. Then he rolled it and after the repair it would only do 130.

My brother had a 72 Mazda RX-3 and it made 140 as well. For a year or so. By five years old it could only make 110. Which was still enough but it was blowing quite noticeable oil.

What a high rev. 7,000rpm redline.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxG7HcPukcM]1972 Mazda RX3 idling - YouTube[/ame]

The problem with a rotary...the power of a good V6, the fuel consumption of a V8, and the durability of a Yuigo in a demolition derby!

Forum List

Back