How Eisenhower Forced Israel to End Occupation after Sinai Crisis

PeterPilot

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023

I was too young to remember this, but the historical perspective is good. Even in the 50's the Zionists in Israel were intent on Greater Israel.

Ike did a great service to principle and the rule of law, but years after Kissinger ruined the good reputation for the US that Ike had achieved.

I was too young to remember this, but the historical perspective is good. Even in the 50's the Zionists in Israel were intent on Greater Israel.

Ike did a great service to principle and the rule of law, but years after Kissinger ruined the good reputation for the US that Ike had achieved.

This was precipitated by the Lavon Affair.

Ike did not depend only on words. While he expressed his principled position in public, privately that same day he sent a stern message to Ben-Gurion warning of punitive actions if Israel did not withdraw. Eisenhower threatened that he would approve trade sanctions against Israel and might also cut off all private assistance to Israel, which amounted to $40 million in tax-deductible donations and $60 million annually in the purchase of...

This was precipitated by the Lavon Affair.
Humans are devious, especially the Tel Aviv government.

I'm impressed to learn how principled Ike was in this matter and others. He was not perfect because he was human, but he might have been the most principled man to hold the office.

Eisenhower threatened to cancel their foreign aid.
Back when it was just millions of dollars....

Their revenge has been to take complete control of the US government, and to eventually deliver the attacks at WTC. It took many decades to achieve that. It would be interesting to know how many dual Israeli citizens hold elected and appointed office in the federal government.

Chalk it up to the inept CIA. Anti-Semites were afraid of Israel in the late 50's while they called the Marxist revolutionary, 90 miles from the U.S., a friend. How did Castro work out?
The CIA and the Israeli State were both born at the same time. That probably means something, but I'm not sure what it was.

The CIA may have been too busy smuggling drugs to properly succeed in Cuba....?

That article is really biased. You might notice that it claims that Israel "lashed out" in 1967. In reality Israel struck the various Arab nations hours before their planned, coordinated attack designed to destroy Israel and eradicate the Jews was to be launched.

Back when it was just millions of dollars....

Their revenge has been to take complete control of the US government, and to eventually deliver the attacks at WTC. It took many decades to achieve that. It would be interesting to know how many dual Israeli citizens hold elected and appointed office in the federal government.

Right ....it was just 60 million or something.

That article is really biased. You might notice that it claims that Israel "lashed out" in 1967. In reality Israel struck the various Arab nations hours before their planned, coordinated attack designed to destroy Israel and eradicate the Jews was to be launched.

In reality Egyptian troops were all in Yemen.

Chalk it up to the inept CIA. Anti-Semites were afraid of Israel in the late 50's while they called the Marxist revolutionary, 90 miles from the U.S., a friend. How did Castro work out?
No Wonder the C"I"A Is Called "The House of Broken Toys"

In an ignorant attempt to appease the Nazislamis, who were already totally in the Soviet camp, the Dulles brothers influenced Ike to betray Israel, England, and France.

No Wonder the C"I"A Is Called "The House of Broken Toys"

In an ignorant attempt to appease the Nazislamis, who were already totally in the Soviet camp, the Dulles brothers influenced Ike to betray Israel, England, and France.

What naziislamis? Did you just make that up?

Forum List

Back